Season 2020’21: Game 22: Rangers (H)

Andy_P

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Billy Davies second game was against Rangers and we beat them 1-0 which no one saw coming after getting pumped 5-1 in Perth on the Saturday.

So if we sign a couple of fringe players from Man City and Everton this week I think we have a real chance here. 

Leeds may have a few they are willing to get shot of.

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I thinking about stand ins for Spencer and Brannan. 

I can't think of anyone we have signed from Leeds in the past. 

Was the boy who paraded a shirt then had to go home because he had played with two clubs not from
Leeds?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Mike Grella, that the fella?

On 20 January 2011, Scottish Premier League side Motherwell announced they had signed Grella on loan until the end of the 2010–11 season.[23] Grella returned to Leeds the following day, however, when it became clear that he could not play for Motherwell as he had already played for two different clubs (Leeds and Carlisle) earlier in the season.[23

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

A good performance and narrow defeat to continue our trend of fooling the gaffer into thinking we don't need any new players until the transfer window closes, and it's too late.

Or a 4 - 1 skelping.

Given the current form of both teams the 2nd option is the most likely, I would love us to win and end this 18 year winless league run butthe way we are playing just now, I can't see it on Sunday 

Edited by Spiderpig
User stupidity

Rangers haven't actually been that good over the last 4  matches.

They have ground matches out for the most part (1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-1) and had more than a little luck.

If we are going to beat Rangers I'd suggest there is a possible chance here as frankly they have looked lethargic and uninspired.

Of course given our record you can't really predict anything but a pumping but I still think there is an opportunity there if we really bothered ourselves.

Hopefully we can build upon our first half performance from last week, it was refreshing to see us actually spray the ball around the pitch with confidence. Any points would be most welcome tbh but it will be no easy task. The game at Ibrox was a hard watch but the game plan almost worked barring that 15 minute late collapse. I feel we will approach the game differently tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how Alexander lines up. I would love us to win via a Ray Farningham type scenario but I don't feel we are capable to sit back for so long. Least one benefit of this match is we'll only have the onw game against Celtic to play do hopefully going forward we will be able to get points on the board.

Bright start, lose a goal 20 minutes in, end up getting beat 3 or 4 nil.

OR

Take a shock lead in the first half, defend like fuck, equaliser around 70 minutes, winner around 75 minutes, and another one around 85 minutes when we're chasing the game.

Take your pick.

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

By the looks of it we are going to be facing Rangers from the bottom of the league, Ross County  currently  2-0 up  at home to Aberdeen 

Its a shame that they are having their occasional meltdown a fixture to early, hopefully they're honking next weekend as well.