Season 2020’21: Game 22: Rangers (H)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Rangers haven't actually been that good over the last 4  matches.

They have ground matches out for the most part (1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-1) and had more than a little luck.

If we are going to beat Rangers I'd suggest there is a possible chance here as frankly they have looked lethargic and uninspired.

Of course given our record you can't really predict anything but a pumping but I still think there is an opportunity there if we really bothered ourselves.

Unfortunately lethargic and uninspired is us on a good day 

2 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

4-1 Ross County now. We are officially bottom. 

Not that points are guaranteed by any means but thankfully we have three games in hand over County to try and get points on board. Roles reversed next week as they have Rangers and we have Aberdeen. Hopefully they are generous defensively to us next week at Pittodrie.

7 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

4-1 Ross County now. We are officially bottom. 

Maybe if we call this a "must win" game now we'll take something from it*

*This claim about "taking something from it" is disputed.

Who would’ve thought a team that doesn’t win for 11 games could end up bottom?

Runsway rangers next, then Aberdeen who surely can’t be that bad 2 weeks running..,

The game v Ross County after that is beyond massive. Lose that, on the back of almost certainly losing the previous 2 and we could quite easily be detached at the bottom in January.

14 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Bottom of table but of course not Robbo's fault,  man was a genius (in his own words),  apologies to Robbo fans 

If the new gaffer starts moving us up the table with the same set of core players, then maybe those players need to take more responsibility for their efforts so far this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If the new gaffer starts moving us up the table with the same set of core players, then maybe those players need to take more responsibility for their efforts so far this season.

Got to hope, but I'm unconvinced we'll move far without a good few signings. Whatever happens, the 'nowhere near relegation' patter was clearly wide of the mark.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

and if he cant, with that said core of players  they are just as pish  as we though, and signed on robbos watch

• Like 1

Might be pessimistic but I think it’s damage limitation tomorrow I’m afraid. Both County and Accies have far worse goal difference than us, let’s hope we keep it that way.

I’d go with a 4-4-1-1 Kelly, O’Donnell, Gallagher, Mugabi, Carroll, Lawless, Ohara, Campbell, Polworth, Watt, Cole

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Mugabi should be nowhere near first team but sadly we have no alternative as no way would I have Lamie or Mcginley in there either 

Totally agree but the only other viable option is Ohara alongside Gallagher and I think we need him in the middle of the park to complete.

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

He’s struggled to compete in midfield all season. Tomorrow would be an exception rather than a rule.

Not disagreeing, as he’s not had a good season, but the alternatives are undoubtedly worse! McGuire, Crawford, Grimshaw.....

Mugabi needs binned permanently along with several others and if that means playing O’Hara in defence and “weakening” (lol) the midfield then so be it.

You've got to hope against hope that we might get something tomorrow but the reality is it’ll be another horror show with the obligatory early goal and soft/avoidable penalty thrown in.

My god the doom merchants are out in full tonight and that's despite us not even playing today!!!!

Turn today's results around and see-- if you want to--a better picture;

Accies didn't win and neither Killie or St Mirren got away from us. Yup the County result was unexpected but we have 3 games in hand on them.

Meantime ,whatever happens tomorrow happens. Remembering that it's a free hit the worst case scenario is we lose ( as expected) but we move on knowing that GA will have had another look at his team in action.

There is also 2 weeks left of the ' window'.

No need for wrist slitting yet.

• Like 2