Season 2020’21: Game 22: Rangers (H)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, underboyleheating said:

Didn’t look offside, however, I’d need to see it again. 

I reckon he was 'half body width' off when the cross was played, but we'll see when the TV analyses it in great depth later 

Just now, StirlingDosser said:

Good point. I think sitting so deep is very dangerous and seems like we have not learned lessons of the past. So sigh of relief when that whistle went.

Totally agree with that,  our game management is awful, but that said we defended very well and a point takes us off the bottom,  GA continues his unbeaten run, onwards to Aberdeen. 

Don't get to see many Motherwell games down he in the South of England but really enjoyed that nice to see a couple of ex Brighton players but that's not the reason I watched the game from what I have seen we have tightened up the defence and look a lot tougher to break down but a great point from the team that has almost won the league, we should not be one off the bottom  but we can use the last two results as a springboard for the rest of the season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

Good point. I think sitting so deep is very dangerous and seems like we have not learned lessons of the past. So sigh of relief when that whistle went.

I don't think sitting deep is a management tactic. I think it's just the players getting nervy. A little more confidence and we should see less of that.

Can't really complain about climbing off the bottom of the table with a point from a Rangers game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good point and we look a lot more organised defensively. A few signs there of how Alexander wants us to play.

That was a difficult watch in the second half though, defended far too deep. Put it down to lack of confidence which hopefully this point reinstates some of. Thought we looked good in the first half when we went forward - great play for the goal.

Just now, mfc88 said:

Good point and we look a lot more organised defensively. A few signs there of how Alexander wants us to play.

That was a difficult watch in the second half though, defended far too deep. Put it down to lack of confidence which hopefully this point reinstates some of. Thought we looked good in the first half when we went forward - great play for the goal.

Part of the problem is we struggle to do anything with the ball when we get it although we were doing ok in that respect for the first half hour. 

Great point. Shame we couldn't hold on to the lead again, but that would have been pushing our luck. We did an especially good job at not conceding a penalty, just like last week, but there were surprisingly few dives from them to test the ref (who had a decent game). Fair play to Alexander for upping the stakes late on by bringing on Lamie. Mind games.

I thought we defended really well, and we were rarely exposed. Mugabi and Gallagher were excellent, and the full backs were solid. Cole is starting to really come on to a game, and put in a good shift today, he just needs to improve at holding the ball up, he still has a tendency to let the ball bounce off him. Seedorf looked like a good decision for the first half, but should probably have come off earlier, but he was better than usual.

Our midfield didn't get to do much, but I can't say anyone had a really bad game. They worked hard and looked more composed with the ball when they had it.

Surprised to see McIver come on, I'm guessing White is done. Thought he did OK, but needed more composure when he intercepted that ball late on.

Looking forward to seeing what another week under Alexander brings.