Season 2020’21: Game 23: Aberdeen (A)

Andy_P

Just now, mfc said:

We are second bottom and absolutely murder,if that doesn't have relegation written all over it,I don't know what does.

Up against a Ross County team that seem full of belief and beat the same Aberdeen 4-1 last week, and hamilton a team who continually no matter how bad they are defy the odds and add to that beat us 3-0 at the start of the month.

I'm totally scunnered with this season. Polworth sold the jerseys today after an OK first half where the difference was just a decent cross and defending for it that could have been better. And the width of a post. Polworth's petulance in the handbags with Wright... then diving to try to win a foul, and rolling about... which I think the ref allowed us an advantage for... then (presumably) saying something stupid when you're on a yellow card. Total stupidity.    

1 minute ago, supermarv said:

Up against a Ross County team that seem full of belief and beat the same Aberdeen 4-1 last week, and hamilton a team who continually no matter how bad they are defy the odds and add to that beat us 3-0 at the start of the month.

There's pretty much nothing between the teams that will be involved in the relegation scrap,it will come down to who wants it more and who's prepared to battle for the lives,two qualities I'm not sure this team have.

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Calm doon lads...we were well in the game until that wee teuchter idiot got himself sent off (and then laughed about it)...sign a midfielder and send him back up the road.

Once we went down to 10men the baw was burst 

Well in the game, aye. Getting beat, unable to equalise and therefore pointless, aye. At what stage of the season should we begin to have slight concerns?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Calm doon lads...we were well in the game until that wee teuchter idiot got himself sent off (and then laughed about it)...sign a midfielder and send him back up the road.

Once we went down to 10men the baw was burst 

Ross county have a habit of signing ex inverness players,hopefully there daft enough to take him back up the road this month.

14 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

we have relegation written all over us 

Don’t agree, we were well in it for long periods, another appalling ref decision against us today, it’s becoming a habit. They are a top three team and we more than matched them, we were the better team first half last week against the best team in the league. There is still quality in the squad but again we lose a new player to injury, that’s just bad luck. I would hope with another one or two signings we will be fine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supermarv said:

Could you sneak into the changing room or training to give them a wee inspirational chat. That’s 13 games without a win that really hits home. 

We're unrelegatable, even when we finish 12th, by technicality, even when we were written off against Rangers in the playoffs. We ain't going down!

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Well in the game, aye. Getting beat, unable to equalise and therefore pointless, aye. At what stage of the season should we begin to have slight concerns?

I didnt say I wasnt concerned but I'm not writing us off...we are having some rotten luck.

Should have had a penalty

Was seedorf over the line when cole scored?

Watt hits the post and the baw lands in the keepers arms

One cleared off the line

We were well in it til polworth got sent off

2 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I didnt say I wasnt concerned but I'm not writing us off...we are having some rotten luck.

Should have had a penalty

Was seedorf over the line when cole scored?

Watt hits the post and the baw lands in the keepers arms

One cleared off the line

We were well in it til polworth got sent off

All valid points, but two ways of looking at it.

That's entirely the bad luck which can get you in trouble.

That said, a loss to Aberdeen isn't majorly concerning on its own

Aside from some sketchy marking for their goal, I thought we were well up to speed in the first half, unlucky not to be level and extremely unlucky not to have a stonewall penalty. 

However, Seedorf should be nowhere near the starting lineup, and Polworth's general attitude is rotten. There's nothing on the bench to come on and change the game when things aren't working working. I still think we have enough to stay up but need some good recruitment in this window. 

Slightly worried about Watt being subbed early two weeks in a row, Alexander's arm was possibly forced with the sending off but Watt isn't the player I'd of taken off. Literally every piece of promising attacking play comes from Tony Watt. 

• Like 1