Season 2020’21: Game 23: Aberdeen (A)

Andy_P

A strange one, bad result yes but the performance in the first half was decent enough. Could, maybe should have been level. Red card changed the game at a terrible time. Smith looked a handful as well. we got a point last week that we were expecting and most would taken a point from todays game, it would have been good to build on last week but i suppose they level out.

Masisve game on Wednesday 

There is no excuse to persevere with seedorf now. I'm sure we will find out why polworth was sent off, but he was very lucky not to have got a straight red in the first half. Thankfully we have no choice but to play without him for the next game, that gives me some hope.

We were lucky not to be 2 or 3 down in the first half, Hedges came very close twice. But we did show some glimpses of getting back into it, and we were unlucky in ththe end not to go in level at half time.

The second half was a shitshow, with the ref losing the plot, and our heads went down as soon as polworth was sent off, and we just don't have the guts to handle situations like that. Can't really judge Smith at this point, but he did win more headers than white did all season. 

I didn't see anything today to suggest we are improving, or that we won't be struggling to finish 10th. We're hopeless right now.

A lot of folk think we will be fine.  I am concerned but at least we have chance on Wednesday as that clown isnt taking the corners.    The man who almost stormed off cos Turnbull kept him out the team.  Him and seedorf can go as far as I am concerned,  we cant afford passengers.  And can we play odonnell in a Scotland strip as he is doing nowt in a claret and amber one

Just now, Neilwell86 said:

A strange one, bad result yes but the performance in the first half was decent enough. Could, maybe should have been level. Red card changed the game at a terrible time. Smith looked a handful as well. we got a point last week that we were expecting and most would taken a point from todays game, it would have been good to build on last week but i suppose they level out.

Masisve game on Wednesday 

Yep, next two game are big. Ross County got a doing today which is not a bad thing.

• Like 1

There may be less talented players in Scotland than jake hastie but he can go asap. .hasn't shown anything,  doesn't look interested.  Theres a few not good enough as well

If we can keep the keeper, Gallagher , Campbell,  watt, Cole,  polworth ( if he can stay on park) add a couple,  we should be ok . A few dodgy refereeing decisions as well , cos we are getting feck all at moment 

6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Don’t agree, we were well in it for long periods, another appalling ref decision against us today, it’s becoming a habit. They are a top three team and we more than matched them, we were the better team first half last week against the best team in the league. There is still quality in the squad but again we lose a new player to injury, that’s just bad luck. I would hope with another one or two signings we will be fine.

I admire your optimism, and I'm normally glass half full too... but our continual ability to self-destruct in a variety of different but recurring ways has just totally pissed me off, again. The fact that we have never equalised once all season sums it up.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I didnt say I wasnt concerned but I'm not writing us off...we are having some rotten luck.

Should have had a penalty

Was seedorf over the line when cole scored?

Watt hits the post and the baw lands in the keepers arms

One cleared off the line

We were well in it til polworth got sent off

I hear you. But bad luck has the same results as poor play. We've gone this far without any sign our luck's gonnae change, so they need to dig themselves out. Get beat on Wednesday and the alarm bells would give Quasimodo a sair heid.

• Haha 2

We really aren't getting a rub of the green right now,all you need to do is compare the penalty we got denied today as opposed to that joke of a decision at mirren got a couple of weeks ago but having said that hard luck stories won't put points on the board,we need to get things moving and quick,hopefully today has shown alexander who is up for the fight and who he can rely on going forward.

I hope GA realises Seedorf is just useless and that was his last game,Polworth needs a boot in the baws for that idiotic display,new striker Smith looks a handful at least and Kelly was outstanding today,a few decisions in the first have penalty claim etc and hitting the post goes to show when your down there luck goes against you and you get nothing,i hope and pray for a win against county.

13 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Pish, we will be nowhere near the relegation places come  May, the wins are coming, keep the faith.

I'm not saying we are definitely going down BUT we've not come back from going behind for over a year and we are averaging less than a goal per game so, you know, I think it should at least be crossing your mind as a possibility.

7 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I hear you. But bad luck has the same results as poor play. We've gone this far without any sign our luck's gonnae change, so they need to dug themselves out. Get beat on Wednesday and the alarm bells would give Quasimodo a sair heid.

I'm just a wee bit scunnered with the negativity...plenty still to play for, some wheeling and dealing to do and games to be played 

• Like 4

Today was always going to be a very difficult game and a 2-0 reverse should not have been unexpected. Still we gained 3 goals on Ross County, who took a thumping. Knowing our luck just now it was maybe too much to expect avoiding a red card. On this season's evidence, Polworth will not be much of a loss this week.

Going back decades I can't ever recall us getting any penalties at Pittodrie, so today's decision is entirely in keeping with that. 

All in all an excellent game for the management team to watch and it will have given them food for thought before the transfer window closes. I reckoned before today's game that we still needed 3 players: a central defender, central midfielder and a winger and nothing that took place during the 90 minutes made me change my mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Today was always going to be a very difficult game and a 2-0 reverse should not have been unexpected. Still we gained 3 goals on Ross County, who took a thumping. Knowing our luck just now it was maybe too much to expect avoiding a red card. 

Going back decades I can't ever recall us getting any penalties at Pittodrie, so today's decision is entirely in keeping with that. 

All in all an excellent game for the management team to watch and it will have given them food for thought before the transfer window closes. I reckoned before today's game that we still needed 3 players: a central defender, central midfielder and a winger and nothing that took place during the 90 minutes made me change my mind. 

Didn’t O’Hara score a pen there last season? 

In the scheme of things 1 point from Rangers and Aberdeen is about all I seen us getting so from a league position we are where I thought we would be. But by end of February we need to be in a better position. Playing a few teams around us so we have to start picking up wins in those games. Draws are not going to cut it. 

11 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm just a wee bit scunnered with the negativity...plenty still to play for, some wheeling and dealing to do and games to be played 

Fair enough. I'd suggest there's negativity in the squad that's causing more problems than anyone on here.