Season 2020’21: Game 23: Aberdeen (A)

Andy_P

Getting sent off for swearing is ridiculous. 

How often is does that ever happen? About as often as the goalie being penalised for holding onto the ball for more than 6 seconds I’d wager.....
Steven Jennings is the only one I can remember and that was for directly calling the Ref a cheat.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Does it make a difference what he said?

Depends who the referee is. Different refs have different tolerance levels. 

I can recall Chris McCart being sent off at Starks Park in 91 for using a single swear word. I also recall a referee at Glebe Park use foul and abusive language for the entire 90 minutes.

From Pie & Bovril, 2016, as Craig Napier was leaving the Juniors for professional fitba:

The man is an embarrassment to referees ! Quick story when I was "briefly" in charge of Craigmark last season he booked me for a light hearted comment? I was putting a sub on (14) and he asked "where is no14? I replied.... "Somewhere between 13 and 15!!!! Booked for being a smart arse???? 

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Calm doon lads...we were well in the game until that wee teuchter idiot got himself sent off (and then laughed about it)...sign a midfielder and send him back up the road.

Once we went down to 10men the baw was burst 

We were still one nil down with 11 and not converting any of our chances. We are the only team in the league thats lost every game after going 1-0 down. We have been pish all season and we continue to be pish. That squad are taking us down unless real changes happen this month.

45 minutes ago, milo said:

Getting sent off for swearing is ridiculous. 

How often is does that ever happen? About as often as the goalie being penalised for holding onto the ball for more than 6 seconds I’d wager.....

Jake Mulraney for Hearts back end of 2019

5 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

A lot of folk think we will be fine.  I am concerned but at least we have chance on Wednesday as that clown isnt taking the corners.    The man who almost stormed off cos Turnbull kept him out the team.  Him and seedorf can go as far as I am concerned,  we cant afford passengers.  And can we play odonnell in a Scotland strip as he is doing nowt in a claret and amber one

yeah people seem to be looking at last 3 games thinking there's been an improvement , no there hasn't we've done well in patches in many games this season and then shoot ourselves in the foot. Nothing has changed. 

Ross County in Dingwall played well enough to win ... lost

Dundee United at Fir Park played well enough to win ...lost

St Mirren at Fir Park played well enough to win .. lost

Kilmarnock at Fir Park played well enough to win .. lost

St Mirren at Paisley  played well enough to win ... draw

Dundee Untied horsed them at Tannadice ... draw 

Hibs at Easter Road horsed them ... draw

Accies at Fir Park played well enough to win ... lost

This pattern including the last 3 games has been the same all season.

As a usual happy clapper I am now worried that we may get relegated. While many will point to bad luck and unfair referee decisions there is still something very wrong with our team. For me the problem lies in mid field and the speed in which we change defence into attack. There were a few occasions today in the second half where  we won the ball on the edge of our own box and were not able to move upfield with pace. When we got to the halfway line we usually turned back and played a square or back pass that allowed Aberdeen to regroup. it saddens me to say that the main culprit was Alan Campbell and to a lesser extent O'Donnell. The mark of our successful teams of late has been pace when breaking out of defence. This team does not have that attribute.

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I didn't think we'd get a point from either game, so we're a point better off than I'd anticipated. Some more winnable games coming up but I'll be happy with a point at Dingwall; three would be better of course. 

Winnable based on what exactly? the fact that we havent won a winnable game since October

4 hours ago, Erskine Alpha said:

We aren't that bad maybe some poor decision making from us but the ref ended that game of football with some poor calls.  I reckon the ref may need to to the lower divisions to re-learn his trade

Oh my god , we are awful. from middle to front, we are desperate , we are where we should be in the league.

Thought we were the better team until polwarth got sent off, several chances in the first half but story of our season not taking any of them. Some positive signs from smith that he could do a job IMO.

I don't like to focus on refs and decisions... but when the F are we going to get something go our way? Could have won the previous two games but for an incorrect refereeing decision in each. Today, how the officials missed the penalty claim is ridiculous. Then a red card for swearing? Give me a break.

Have not seen the highlights yet but seedorfs cut back which cole eventually knocked in also looked well in play to me. Any of these go our way and it could have been a different outcome.

I am beginning to get a really bad feeling as these things continue to go against us.

3 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

Thought we were the better team until polwarth got sent off, several chances in the first half but story of our season not taking any of them. Some positive signs from smith that he could do a job IMO.

I don't like to focus on refs and decisions... but when the F are we going to get something go our way? Could have won the previous two games but for an incorrect refereeing decision in each. Today, how the officials missed the penalty claim is ridiculous. Then a red card for swearing? Give me a break.

Have not seen the highlights yet but seedorfs cut back which cole eventually knocked in also looked well in play to me. Any of these go our way and it could have been a different outcome.

I am beginning to get a really bad feeling as these things continue to go against us.

Everyone seems to have amnesia that Polworth should have been sent off before he was dismissed. 

Just now, FirParkCornerExile said:

Everyone seems to have amnesia that Polworth should have been sent off before he was dismissed. 

Possibly, I didnt think it was that bad at the time tbh... handbags from both, and a yellow card each seemed about right. But as I say haven't seen the highlights. 

5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Just watched highlights,  what on earth is Carroll playing at for 2nd goal?,  that's the gers equaliser last week and partly blame for 2nd goal today.   I know I am in the minority but I dont get the fuss about him but also admittedly the alternatives are scary....COYW

It was truly awful defending for sure. But he’s far from the worst of our issues 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Just watched highlights,  what on earth is Carroll playing at for 2nd goal?,  that's the gers equaliser last week and partly blame for 2nd goal today.   I know I am in the minority but I dont get the fuss about him but also admittedly the alternatives are scary....COYW

Behave yourself. 

The ball takes a ridiculous deflection that leaves everyone in the ground flat footed bar Consadine who was already on the move.  Blaming Carroll for that is mental. 

He's also the best option we have at left back by an absolute mile and if he hadn't been injured for so long there's a good change we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Behave yourself. 

The ball takes a ridiculous deflection that leaves everyone in the ground flat footed bar Consadine who was already on the move.  Blaming Carroll for that is mental. 

He's also the best option we have at left back by an absolute mile and if he hadn't been injured for so long there's a good change we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in now. 

Just my opinion pal,   he should have been more alert.   I also did say he was our best option at left back at the moment.  I would defo have him there ahead of Lamie,  Mcginley and Grimmy.  COYW