Season 2020’21: Game 23: Aberdeen (A)

Andy_P

6 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I saw it but didn't hear commentators saying anything,  but was that ball still in play in first half,  when Seedorf cut it back

When watching , didn't look over the line.  

They played back a different angle at half time, didn’t look out to me.  The keeper had stopped but it was a gilt edged chance.

Penalty aside I don't believe we were hard done by and I don't blame the referee for us not taking anything from the game.

The ref didn't cause us to lose an early goal.
Yes we should have had a penalty.
Aberdeen had what looked like a perfectly good goal chalked off.&  8 shot's on target v's our 3.
Our keeper was excellent and kept it to only 2-0.

8 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Penalty aside I don't believe we were hard done by and I don't blame the referee for us not taking anything from the game.

Aberdeen had what looked like a perfectly good goal chalked off.&  8 shot's on target v's our 3.

spot on

16 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Whilst I agree to an extent.

If we had been given the penalty it could have been 1-1 which makes it a different game and maybe Polworth doesnt let his frustrations get the better of him?

Similarly the goal we had chalked off for the ball being apparently out of play.

Aberdeen didnt have a perfectly good goal chalked off. There is a clear push on Cole to stop him getting a jump on it before their player heads it into the net. It is a clear foul, correctly given.

I dont blame the ref for us losing as we can always do better to cope with these situations, but he did have an impact on the outcome of the game....

• Like 5

I learnt from bitter experience many years ago that you should never expect a competent performance from a referee, for many reasons which we all know. We cannot control the officials but we can control our own performances. My late dad once spoke to Bobby Ancell who told him that the team should take the field assuming that they were 1-0 down, and play accordingly. Sound advice.  

Ideally I'd drum into our lads for Wednesday night that Ross County will be wrongly awarded a 1st minute penalty from which they'll score..........but then again our current team may just react the wrong way to that. 

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Whilst I agree to an extent.

If we had been given the penalty it could have been 1-1 which makes it a different game and maybe Polworth doesnt let his frustrations get the better of him?

Similarly the goal we had chalked off for the ball being apparently out of play.

Aberdeen didnt have a perfectly good goal chalked off. There is a clear push on Cole to stop him getting a jump on it before their player heads it into the net. It is a clear foul, correctly given.

I dont blame the ref for us losing as we can always do better to cope with these situations, but he did have an impact on the outcome of the game....

That is totally spot on.

Huge moments in game and I get so annoyed when we seemingly just accept it.

Call it out it's not whining its facts.

Finally got round to watching the bbc highlights..........other than the blatant hand ball/arm in an unnatural position......the Polworth straight red card for swearing mysteries ...........the yards stolen by Kennedy for the free kick for the goal was about 20 yards from where ODonnell handled the ball and where the kick was taken, making it far easier for him to put the cross in..............which gets me back to our referee situation in Scotland again...Craig Napier been refereeing for over 7 years never had game involving the Ugly sisters......not a single one ....so how come he’s not good enough for them ( do they have different rules ???) yet he is good enough for the rest of Scottish football.........Monday .lockdown blues :threaten:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Finally got round to watching the bbc highlights..........other than the blatant hand ball/arm in an unnatural position......the Polworth straight red card for swearing mysteries ...........the yards stolen by Kennedy for the free kick for the goal was about 20 yards from where ODonnell handled the ball and where the kick was taken, making it far easier for him to put the cross in..............which gets me back to our referee situation in Scotland again...Craig Napier been refereeing for over 7 years never had game involving the Ugly sisters......not a single one ....so how come he’s not good enough for them ( do they have different rules ???) yet he is good enough for the rest of Scottish football.........Monday .lockdown blues :threaten:

Craig Napier should be nowhere near a game in the top division as he is not good enough.

Had the misfortune to have to deal with him on a few occasions when I was involved with a Junior club and the guy is nothing but  a clone of Collum.  Officious little prick who continually gets the big calls wrong and has absolutely no rapport with players or officials. One of the new breed and all in the same mould.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, santheman said:

Craig Napier should be nowhere near a game in the top division as he is not good enough.

Had the misfortune to have to deal with him on a few occasions when I was involved with a Junior club and the guy is nothing but  a clone of Collum.  Officious little prick who continually gets the big calls wrong and has absolutely no rapport with players or officials. One of the new breed and all in the same mould.

That’s what really annoys me .......these clowns are incompetent but are allowed loose on everybody except Glasgow finest, until the incompetent referee supervisors deem them to be “incompetent enough” to be “promoted” to the holy grail of the “Old Firm”...........we really are a joke league 

1 hour ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

They learned that “stealing free kick yards” from Lasley :biggrin:

• Haha 2