Andy_P

I’d try a midfield diamond

Kelly

O’Donnell   Mugabi    Gallagher    Carroll

Crawford

Campbell                          O’Hara

Polworth

Cole                      Watt

I don't think we'll change from the team that started against Rangers (maybe Lawless in for Seedorf) but would imagine we'll set up to impose ourselves a little bit more on Aberdeen. Given the injuries they currently have I don't think we'll be standing off and looking to defend the box like we did on Sunday.

Midfield is the big question for us. Kelly / SOD, Gallagher, Mugabi, Carroll & Watt / Cole pick themselves. So do we go for a 4 in midfield, or a 3 & add Lawless up front? My big issue is we dont have a Right Midfielder in the entire squad so Id go

Kelly

SOD / Gallagher / Mugabi / Carroll

Crawford / Polworth / Campbell

Cole / Watt / Lawless

I think this is our biggest game of the season to date and could go some way to  setting the narrative for the rest of the season. A win could well be the start of a much better second half of the season, a defeat underlines that we are well and truly in a relegation battle. 

I have never really bought the notion that we have a very poor squad (few did in August). I think this team is closer in ability to Hibs/Aberdeen than Accies/Ross County and we have matched the forementioned teams in games this season. Our record against Aberdeen has been good in recent years. 

Having said this, a draw looks the most likely with both teams not prolific in from of goal. Whilst a draw keeps the unbeaten run going it does not give us the breathing space we need. 

I think another 0-0 sounds about right.  A win would be a huge shot in the arm at what could be a turning point in the season. 

4 hours ago, milo said:

Regardless of his potentially tough this fixture is we have to take something today.

The last time we went 11 without winning it was 19 years ago and we finished bottom of the league.

I don't even know if we've gone 12 without winning, probably going back to 1991/92 or the mid 80s. [Edit - 15 in 1995/96]

We need to start winning not matter who we are playing or where we are playing and that latter point is relevant as we have 6 away matches in the next 8 matches.

A good result would be huge, a defeat would be.....worrying.

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The last time we went 11 without winning it was 19 years ago and we finished bottom of the league.

I don't even know if we've gone 12 without winning, probably going back to 1991/92 or the mid 80s.

We need to start winning not matter who we are playing or where we are playing and that latter point is relevant as we have 6 away matches in the next 8 matches.

A good result would be huge, a defeat would be.....worrying.

According to Wiki, yeah, I know. 

• Longest run of games without a win: 19, 1988

8 minutes ago, brainier said:

According to Wiki, yeah, I know. 

• Longest run of games without a win: 19, 1988

Had a look and that was over two seasons, 3 in 1987/88 and 16 in 1988/89.

By the way, the team we had then! Wishart, Philliben, Paterson, McCart, Boyd, Farningham, Russell, Kirk, Arnott, Griffin, Gahagan, O'Neill, Dolan, Maxwell....