2021 AGM

Kmcalpin

I can see another positive cash flow year this year as well as we had strong season ticket sales and the Turnbull transfer. So I imagine accounts up to May 21 will be strong.

May 22 is where I expect to see losses with season tickets for Season 21/22 being very poor since all the existing season ticket holders will have all this seasons games to use up next season.

50 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

May 22 is where I expect to see losses with season tickets for Season 21/22 being very poor since all the existing season ticket holders will have all this seasons games to use up next season.

Are you saying that current season ticket holders will get next season's games free of charge? I wasn't aware of that.

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Are you saying that current season ticket holders will get next season's games free of charge? I wasn't aware of that.

I, like many I'm sure, am fully prepared to buy my season ticket again despite the offer of free games next season. I know it won't be possible for all and there are tough times ahead but I'm happy with what I got out of it this season under the circumstances.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

That was the clubs offer for this season's season tickets, that any game that you can't attend in person will be deducted from the cost of next season's season ticket.

I don't see fans at any games this season so yes next season ticket would be free.

I can see the club asking fans to pay for next year as well the same way they asked people not to take the offered partial refunds for season 19/20.

A positive result. However it would be interesting to see how much money from the Scott transfer is included ? That and how much of the extra money for finishing 3rd. Together that is almost an extra £1.5m that we would not get in a normal season unless of course we finish top 6 and sell a player for £1m. 

Most transfers are paid in instalments so hopefully we did not get all the Scott cash before May 2020. 

Otherwise that profit is not as impressive as it would seem. On the flipside we would have taken a hit of £150-£200k in crowds which would not happen in a normal season + bonuses for finishing 3rd etc. 

Still whilst it is being reported Killie are requiring £1m loan to get through this season we should be pleased at Turnbull sale and recent transfer dealings. 

26 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Otherwise that profit is not as impressive as it would seem. On the flipside we would have taken a hit of £150-£200k in crowds which would not happen in a normal season + bonuses for finishing 3rd etc. 

Still whilst it is being reported Killie are requiring £1m loan to get through this season we should be pleased at Turnbull sale and recent transfer dealings. 

So the business model we said we'd develop where we tried to either sell on academy products or bring in free transfers and sell them for a fee, combined with success on the pitch is not impressive?

I'm struggling to think of better ways to make a profit than developing players to sell and winning games.

38 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

A positive result. However it would be interesting to see how much money from the Scott transfer is included ? That and how much of the extra money for finishing 3rd. Together that is almost an extra £1.5m that we would not get in a normal season unless of course we finish top 6 and sell a player for £1m. 

Most transfers are paid in instalments so hopefully we did not get all the Scott cash before May 2020. 

All of the 3rd finish cash will be in next years accounts, as will the Euro cash and Turnbull Transfer fee.

And yes,it will be interesting how much of the £1m we got for Scott was paid up front. Also for next year, how the £2.5-£3m we got for Turnbull is split, as both deals could potentially be split over 2-3 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

So the business model we said we'd develop where we tried to either sell on academy products or bring in free transfers and sell them for a fee, combined with success on the pitch is not impressive?

I'm struggling to think of better ways to make a profit than developing players to sell and winning games.

You misread my point or I did not get it across well enough. 
The fact we made a profit is very welcome. But if arguably our income was inflated by £1.5m in the last financial period and our profit was less than a 1/3 of that it would suggest we are arguably overreaching. We could of course have invested more in the playing squad and stadium knowing that money was there or coming, 
I 100% believe we are doing incredibly well with transfers / league finishes but it will be difficult to sustain that each and every year. 

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

The club AGM will take place on 12 February by Zoom. For the year ended May 2020 we made a profit of just under £347,000. Good news 

Great news about profit. If Robbo was still in charge he would have been straight onto the press saying he would get none of it and we cant sign anyone else.     Roll on the GA express train

36 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Great news about profit. If Robbo was still in charge he would have been straight onto the press saying he would get none of it and we cant sign anyone else.     Roll on the GA express train

You forgot the additional part where Robbo would also have mentioned it was down to him selling millions of pounds of talent because he is the greatest manager in football

• Haha 1

I say this not really much coming through the youth set up I don't think and the muck we have signed couldn't give them away so the next crop of players that coming hope we unearth a gem to sell on or we are going to take a hit.

And I do think we are needing to spend a wee bit money on getting some in the door early that we might be signing in the summer.

4 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

That was the clubs offer for this season's season tickets, that any game that you can't attend in person will be deducted from the cost of next season's season ticket.

I don't see fans at any games this season so yes next season ticket would be free.

I can see the club asking fans to pay for next year as well the same way they asked people not to take the offered partial refunds for season 19/20.

That's a great deal in my book. £12 worth of ppv per game for this season and free entry next, all for the cost of one season ticket. I'll pay for mine next season as I suspect a few others will but each to their own.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's a great deal in my book. £12 worth of ppv per game for this season and free entry next, all for the cost of one season ticket. I'll pay for mine next season as I suspect a few others will but each to their own.

I think its an absolutely fantastic gesture by the club and I think a lot of our fan base will appreciate the club treating the fans with respect and will pay for their season ticket next year.

At the same time its tough for a lot of people right now and if people want to get their moneys worth then you can fully understand it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I say this not really much coming through the youth set up I don't think and the muck we have signed couldn't give them away so the next crop of players that coming hope we unearth a gem to sell on or we are going to take a hit.

And I do think we are needing to spend a wee bit money on getting some in the door early that we might be signing in the summer.

Is this said with any knowledge of who is in the youth set-up at the moment? 

15 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

It does make me chuckle how you repeatedly dig up Robinson for his accurate summation of the budgetary constraints he was working to and then have subsequently gone at least twice to suggest the signing of a player who routinely features in the match day squad of a English side in the top eight of Premier League and into the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

It does make me chuckle how you repeatedly dig up Robinson for his accurate summation of the budgetary constraints he was working to and then have subsequently gone at least twice to suggest the signing of a player who routinely features in the match day squad of a English side in the top eight of Premier League and into the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

I like to keep my audience entertained Andy, lol.    My only grief about Robbo going on about budget was that you rarely heard other managers constantly saying they had no budget.  As for Gilmour it was only a loan suggestion and on agreement we pay £500 of his wages.  Heh he

30 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I like to keep my audience entertained Andy, lol.    My only grief about Robbo going on about budget was that you rarely heard other managers constantly saying they had no budget.  As for Gilmour it was only a loan suggestion and on agreement we pay £500 of his wages.  Heh he

I'm not sure that bears scrutiny to be honest.  Not all managers but there's half a dozen examples of budget being mentioned by clubs of our ilk.  Some trying to put a lid on expectation levels, some offering some context as to where they stand in the grand scheme of things, some using it a spur that budget doesn't always determine league position. All of which Robinson and the club through social media channels did across his reign.

Brian Rice

Tommy Wright

Martin Canning

Callum Davidson

Roy MacGregor

Gary Holt

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

If you don't ask you don't get!

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I notice, from the accounts, that that the club had its claim under its Business Interruption Insurance policy accepted. Apart from the obvious title I don't know much about this provision. Other club have alsoclaimed under this provision I believe.

The only other one that I definitely know of is Dundee but sure there will be others. Initially refused like every other business but good to see the courts giving the insurance companies a bloody nose on that.

No doubt Joe Public will pick up the bill though.

19 minutes ago, santheman said:

The only other one that I definitely know of is Dundee but sure there will be others. Initially refused like every other business but good to see the courts giving the insurance companies a bloody nose on that.

I think it was either St Johnstone or Aberdeen who mentioned this. I've no idea whatsoever whether the policy will pay out a very modest sum or a substantial amount.

7 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I'm not sure that bears scrutiny to be honest.  Not all managers but there's half a dozen examples of budget being mentioned by clubs of our ilk.  Some trying to put a lid on expectation levels, some offering some context as to where they stand in the grand scheme of things, some using it a spur that budget doesn't always determine league position. All of which Robinson and the club through social media channels did across his reign.

Brian Rice

Tommy Wright

Martin Canning

Callum Davidson

Roy MacGregor

Gary Holt

Fair do's pal, respect your opinion