Season 2020’21: Game 24: Ross County (A)

Andy_P

29 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The ones who are virtually giving up the ghost are the shitebags

We'll see tomorrow night if those players really believe and, more importantly, really care. Robinson doesn't think they all do -

“I learned a lesson this season that boys didn’t want to be here. On paper they looked good but if you don’t want to play for the club deep down… it’s something learned."

I've no reached the giving up stage, but I don't see any point in ignoring reality.  It's a fans' forum, not the dressing room.

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Knickers wringing all over the place...wouldn't have fancied being in the trenches with any of the shitebags on here

Imagine looking at our league position, players, stats, form, results and thinking concerned fans are the problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Here's the thing: folk commenting on here aren't the shitebags who've put us at the arse end of the league. Would you fancy being in the trenches with that lot?

I don't think the team would be too effective in the trenches, we're lucky if we get one shot away every 90 minutes.

• Haha 4

I think we’ve been doomed that many times over the last three years I’ve given up counting, we’ve always proved people wrong. The point he’s making is yes we’ve had a poor season, yes we need strengthening, but we’re nowhere near relegated. People make the doomsday predictions way to early.

34 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think we’ve been doomed that many times over the last three years I’ve given up counting, we’ve always proved people wrong. The point he’s making is yes we’ve had a poor season, yes we need strengthening, but we’re nowhere near relegated. People make the doomsday predictions way to early.

Exactly...I'm 40 this year and have zero recollection of the club being anything other than a top level side, and have absolutely no desire to see us at a lower level...

...despite never seeing us being out of the top division, I've lost count of the amount of seasons where the doom-mongerers and surrender-monkeys within our support, have trotted out the 'this is our year', 'this is the worst ever team' pishy lines...its almost like they cannae wait to pounce.

I'm not a happy clapper, this season has been rank rotten but we have been extremely unlucky in many games, either not getting the rub of the green and referees making absolutely incredible decisions against us. We have strengthened so far in the window as I doubt even the biggest tadger on here could suggest that Kelly isn't better than Chapman and that Lawless isnt an upgrade on Seedorf...yes we are on a hellish run of 14 without a win, but there are literally posters writing off our next 5 ffs.

There are still a shitload of points to play for, we have a new manager in place and it's not like we are in anyway cut adrift at the bottom. The negativity is nauseating and it is also completely out of balance considering what is still to be played for.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If you find the negativity nauseating, I find some of the positivity perplexing. I'll go down the road of realism and see where that leads.

I'm 52. The last time we were relegated from the Premier I was 16. That's a truly phenomenal record we should be proud of, conveniently forgetting the 2 get out of jail cards. The odds would tell us it'll come again, but I'm hopeful we can keep defying them for a while longer.

When teams do go down it's not just because they're shit. Injuries, poor refereeing decisions and general bad luck all play their part. This season's turning into a cluster **** of all those things. We've lost a manager more than halfway through the season (another relegation prerequisite) and his parting shot is, there are players in this squad who don't want to be here. If he's right, these are some of the guys we're relying on to save us.

All in all, I don't think it's unreasonable to be worried at this stage. A win tomorrow would go a long, long way to lifting everyone's expectations. But this season - specifically this season - laying any blame for our predicament at the fans door is like blaming Sportscene viewers for Celtic's collapse.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Exactly...I'm 40 this year and have zero recollection of the club being anything other than a top level side, and have absolutely no desire to see us at a lower level...

One  of my fondest memories of ye olden dayes was the Davie Hay promotion season, when we were unbeaten at home and spanking teams by 6 and 7 what felt like every other week. It was glorious, but I'd trade all that in a heartbeat for not having been relegated in the first place. That really is an awful, awful feeling.

15 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

One  of my fondest memories of ye olden dayes was the Davie Hay promotion season, when we were unbeaten at home and spanking teams by 6 and 7 what felt like every other week. It was glorious, but I'd trade all that in a heartbeat for not having been relegated in the first place. That really is an awful, awful feeling.

I don't agree, most certainly I don't want us to get relegated but I've seen Motherwell relegated twice and frankly once the disappointment of the relegation season is over. Life in the lower league the next season takes over and normality returns. When you boil it down what is the difference playing St Mirren at Motherwell than Falkirk , Dunfermline or Ayr Utd.. in reality bugger all. We like everyone else invariably just make up the numbers in the SPFL. We will never win it and the times we get European football we are out on our arse before you blink.

The biggest fear relegation gives me is the future of the club. As a fan owned club of very limited means lower league football is catastrophic in terms of cash but the matchday experience aint much different.

9 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

When you boil it down what is the difference playing St Mirren at Motherwell than Falkirk , Dunfermline or Ayr Utd.. in reality bugger all. We like everyone else invariably just make up the numbers in the SPFL. We will never win it and the times we get European football we are out on our arse before you blink.

If your in the lower leagues the chances of you being able to attract players decent enough to enjoy the football and get you to cup finals are far reduced. There will be next to zero chance of qualifying for Europe, yes, we get pumped out early but we are still in it and the experience not just for the players but the fans can be superb. I dare say, that Nancy trip will never be forgotten for the thousands of us that made the jaunt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

What is the problem with O’Hara?

Is Lawless available?

We never get any updates on the injuries during the press conference, I take they edit that out?

I did wonder about this very aspect Dave.   With Robbo he used to tell you who was missing injured etc

Since the new management team came in. Nothing to that effect. 

Then I started to think whether letting your opponents know that For example Lawless , OHara missing as well as Polworth is allowing them to shape their team / midfield. I recall Alexander being asked pre Rangers game what his approach would be and he basically said “why would I tell you and by virtue let Rangers know”.

Wonder if it is a different approach basically. Keep your cards close to you chest re team selection. 

All that said we will struggle if OHara and Lawless are not fit and available for selection. The midfield will be a real concern. 

Id go with a diamond......

Kelly

SOD Mugabi Deccy Carroll

Maguire

Crawford Campbell

Watt

Cole Smith

Lets just get right intae thum!

Edit - unless Lawless is fit then Id drop Crawford.

• Like 1