Season 2020’21: Game 24: Ross County (A)

Andy_P

2 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Credit where credits due Barry Maguire was our best midfielder ……… hope he gets a run in the team 

Absolutely. 

Credit to the team and manager in the second half. Never saw it coming but we picked ourselves up and played with a much better tempo. Middle of the park is still a big worry but Maguire was excellent tonight which was a boost. Tony Watt was very good also. 

As always, majority on here were all over the place in the first half. The goal aside it was a bit of a nothing half, some chances for both sides but not much in it for either side. Second half we turned the screw, and it looked like the winner was a matter of time after the equaliser.

Won't criticise any performances because we have won, certain aspects could be better but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Maguire had a good game. Watt was excellent, kelly and the defence recovered well after the mess at the goal. Chris long looked much more lively in the second half too.

Plenty of positives to take from.

Huge win for everybody, especially coming back from behind in the way we did. Huge weight off the shoulders of the players and managment, time to kick on

• Like 1

A win but not an easy one. Ideal as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't totally paper over the inadequacies in the squad so hopefully Alexander still looks to strengthen key areas. 

Didn't see the game as I was at work but not surprised to see praise for Maguire and Watt. Two players whose commitment could never be questioned and two good players. Three goals in four games for Cole is also pleasing. I do believe he can score goals at this level if you create chances for him. 

We need to kick on from this...

Much better 2nd half. Great 3 points. Tony Watt MOTM by a country mile. The one player in our team always showing for the ball driving us forward and trying to make things happen. Was still going strong at the end on a heavy pitch, so I think we can quash any silly ideas about his fitness. If we could actually build a decent team around him he could be some player. Whatever GA said at half time obviously worked. Much higher tempo and better all round. I agree re Maguire being our best midfielder. He should be retaining his place after that. Better than both Crawford and Alan Campbell who was poor again tonight.

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

Much better 2nd half. Great 3 points. Tony Watt MOTM by a country mile. The one player in our team always showing for the ball driving us forward and trying to make things happen. If we could actually build any kind of team around him he could be some player. Whatever GA said at half time obviously worked. Much higher tempo and better all round. I agree re Maguire being our best midfielder. He should be retaining his place after that. Better than both Crawford and Alan Campbell who was poor again tonight.

Wonder if Campbell has long Covid as he has never recovered and looks miles off his game.

What a graft from Tony Watt, covers so much ground, rarely loses the ball and wins a power of free kicks . Decent performances from McGuire and Crawford as well. 

Like others have said, Campbell looks miles off the pace, nowhere near his usual self.  I hate to say it, but if there's one CM that should be dropped, it's him. He could do with a break. 

• Like 1