Season 2020’21: Game 24: Ross County (A)

Andy_P

Need to build on tonight v Utd next week. We’ve given ourselves a fighting chance at least but we can’t now not win again for 4/5/6 games.

Could’ve done without Utd getting horsed like that considering we play them next, or St Mirren winning so handsomely, or Aberdeen leaving the shooting boots on the bus etc, but crucially we’ve got several monkeys off our back tonight. 

3 minutes ago, milo said:

Need to build on tonight v Utd next week. We’ve given ourselves a fighting chance at least but we can’t now not win again for 4/5/6 games.

Could’ve done without Utd getting horsed like that considering we play them next, or St Mirren winning so handsomely, or Aberdeen leaving the shooting boots on the bus etc, but crucially we’ve got several monkeys off our back tonight. 

Great win tonight and the players did show some bottle. Got a few monkeys off our back as well. That should boost our confidence. As County picked up 5 yellow cards they must have taken big John's team talk to heart. 

Talking of St Mirren they scored from 2 very controversial penalties tonight. As our luck has been out their's has been very much in.

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He didn't have Covid after the u21s. He just had to isolate.

Aye, I think he just needs a break. With his U21 duties and every manager pointing out how he is always first to arrive, last to leave, and gives 110% every day, he's burning himself out.

Sometimes a rest is the best option.

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

Credit where credits due Barry Maguire was our best midfielder ……… hope he gets a run in the team 

Better on the ball than 90% of that squad.

He's not a Turnbull type that single handedly turns the whole thing round, he's got a lot to learn and a lot of mistakes to make but by god he's a better player, with more potential than a lot of dross that's been played over him down the years.  You don't do anything with non players. That shouldn't be something you even have to say but in Scottish football running about like a div is considered a footballing attribute over, say, passing, control, positioning, crossing, shooting....  

I honestly despair at the garbage we give a chance over technically better youngsters.  There is something badly wrong with our game but maybe, just maybe SOMEONE gets it now.

I hope so.

• Like 1

Barry Maguire sometimes looks so clumsy but at the same time manages to keep the ball so well. Case and point for one of the goals tonight, he gives the ball away needlessly in midfield, is lucky that it bounces right back to him, and then he pirouettes away from his man effortlessly and sets up an attack. He's definitely got potential, and I'd like to see us keep that midfield 3 tonight with Maguire staying in ahead of that fud Polworth.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Barry Maguire sometimes looks so clumsy but at the same time manages to keep the ball so well. Case and point for one of the goals tonight, he gives the ball away needlessly in midfield, is lucky that it bounces right back to him, and then he pirouettes away from his man effortlessly and sets up an attack. He's definitely got potential, and I'd like to see us keep that midfield 3 tonight with Maguire staying in ahead of that fud Polworth.

Didn’t miss polworth tonight. 

Thought maguire was fantastic tonight and deserves a run in the team in that holding role. Watt was a brilliant outlet again and what a header from mugabi by the way, seemed to levitate in the air once he got up there.

Brilliant second half up to the last 15 or so when the nerves began to kick in. Thats the monkey off our back now with some winnable games coming up next month.

Not sure how County ended up with 11 men there. It was a mistimed tackle from hjelde but he's booted Crawford in the ribs ffs. Not even a yellow.

Looking a lot brighter after tonight but we need to consolidate next Wednesday. Celtic after that, while County have Hamilton then Utd. Don't want to end up back to square one in a couple of weeks.

Livi's win keeps the top 6 a realistic possibility,  though the way they've racked up the points, it looks like 6th is as good as it'll get.

1 minute ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Posts that didn't age well...

Fair do's, I humbly apologize. Glad we managed to do something we havent been able to do for 14 months.

The only thing more predictable than any negative posts are the hindsight crew finally finding their voice. There will be a few wanking themselves into a coma after tonights result

Our loanee striker could/should take note of Tont Watt. Granted he's only here for the short term but he could learn a lot by emulating the work effort of a guy busting his box in up until he was subbed. The big fella ambling about despite being fresh on the pitch while Tony is sprinting to close the angle on the far side of the pitch for their full back I hope draws the attention of the gaffer in the post match analysis.

Cole is 3 from 4 games, those are Louis at his peak numbers ......

Glad to see the fringe guys take their chances.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Great win tonight and the players did show some bottle. Got a few monkeys off our back as well. That should boost our confidence. As County picked up 5 yellow cards they must have taken big John's team talk to heart. 

Talking of St Mirren they scored from 2 very controversial penalties tonight. As our luck has been out their's has been very much in.

23 fouls as well

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

Fair do's, I humbly apologize. Glad we managed to do something we havent been able to do for 14 months.

The only thing more predictable than any negative posts are the hindsight crew finally finding their voice. There will be a few wanking themselves into a coma after tonights result

What a knob end of a reply.  I kind of admit I got it wrong before trying to justify it. 

We won and so your prediction was a mile out. Suck it up instead of your pedantic post. 

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

We won.

Get over it.