Season 2020’21: Game 24: Ross County (A)

Andy_P

17 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Fair comment, but since the beginning of December, Celtic have been held at home by St. Johnstone (1-1), Hibs (1-1) and Livingston (0-0).

IF - and I stress the IF part - we beat United and take 6 out of 6, why shouldn't the team be confident in going there and doing so also?

I'd rather that than the alternative and the team rocking up to Celtic Park as we usually do in the hope we can keep it to 1, 2 or 3 to nil against.

I love the optimism, and we should approach the game in that manner, hopefully the result against Rangers gives us some belief that we can go there and cause what would be an upset.

feels as though whenever we play Celtic they have 4 shots on target and bury every one of them.

anyway, lets enjoy the win and concentrate on what is a winnable game on wednesday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Difference with Kelly was you could see he was angry with himself and determined not to let it affect his performance in the remainder of the game. Chapman looked like a lost soul who'd wandered onto a football pitch.

It was an awful goal, looked like the culmination of how poor we've been over a long period, and in such a big game. Huge credit to the manager and players for turning it round.

So many things wrong with the goal..least of all for kelly..hes managed to get a hand on a one on one from 12 yards..cant expect anymore than that..and im nit picking here with mugabi..he eased his run back,expecting gallacher to win it..if he'd continued his run back he would've been goal side of hylton im sure.but massive praise for the goal.and how we had 2 fullbacks so far up the park leaving dec n bevis isolated beats me..small margins i jnow but its easlly fixed 

Onwards and upwards

• Like 2

Great to wake up this morning after a win. Hopefully we've turned the corner. Don't quite get the criticism of Gallagher. Yes, he could have handled Hylton better, as could Mugabi, but it was hardly a blunder. Kelly ought to have done better and Olly Shaw was all on his own for the tap in - where was Jake Carroll? Campbell was lax in losing the ball at the outset. No one player's fault but a combination of poor defending. Having said that Hylton won the ball and sped goalwards in a way that Willie P and King Louis would have been proud of - so credit to him. Is Allan Campbell burnt out - maybe, but there could be other reasons. 

To turn to the positives we did fight back from a goal down and the first goal was well worked from O'Donnell, through Long to Watt and Cole. For the second Mugabi times his run excellently and leapt like a sailfish to head home. Maguire had a decent game and I'd rather see him in the starting 11 before Crawford, on current form. Cole is hitting the net just now and long may that continue. Watt is putting in apower of work and thats telling.

Thankfully we're not playing on Saturday as I suspect the treatment table will be busy after last night. When the chips are down, County can be quite ruthless and brutal as their recent crime counts show. Good to see John Hughes is bringing silky football to Easter Ross!

GA's post match interview hints that more signings could be made in the next few days as money is available. A slight change from his earlier comments about not rushing and giving all players, including Jordan White no doubt,  their chance.