Season 2020’21: Game 24: Ross County (A)

Andy_P

A huge game for the club.

Does anyone know when O’Donnell’s deal expires?

————————-Kelly

O’Donnell——- Mugabe—- Gallagher——Carroll

————————Maguire

————Campbell———O’Hara

Watt————— Hunt—————-Cole

35 minutes ago, Kmac said:

A huge game for the club.

Does anyone know when O’Donnell’s deal expires?

————————-Kelly

O’Donnell——- Mugabe—- Gallagher——Carroll

————————Maguire

————Campbell———O’Hara

Watt————— Hunt—————-Cole

I can think of a few who need it, but who did you mean for Hunt? Or did you misspell Polworth?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

just wondering what will be the next rule infringement we will get against us as we are as far as I know we have had the six second rule for goalkeepers and swearing on the football pitch and nobody else has broken these rules in the premier league!

I know we haven't had much luck lately, but plenty of folk have been sent off for foul and abusive language before. Our very own Steve Jennings among them...

7 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

We need to be aware that County have managed something that we have failed to do under our new manager and that’s win a game. It will not be easy to take anything from this match that’s for sure.

Beat the 3rd and 4th place teams. We really need a win here, cos County look like they will pick the odd 3 points up under Hughes. Drifting along hoping other teams are shitter isn't an option anymore. Got ourselves into this, got to get ourselves out.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, mfc88 said:

A must not lose on paper, but a must win for me. If we don't fancy our chances against county we may as well sack it now. They've had a bit of a bounce, but hopefully that's come to an end yesterday.

Why would we fancy our chances against Ross County... have you seen our results since October? 

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Why would we fancy our chances against Ross County... have you seen our results since October? 

A lot of people seem to be following a completely different team to the rest of us. 

This team haven't scored more than one goal in a game in almost three months yet we have people claiming that we will be nowhere near relegation and that Robinson done a decent job. We have are the only team in the league with only 4 wins. This is an exceptionally shite team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

A lot of people seem to be following a completely different team to the rest of us. 

This team haven't scored more than one goal in a game in almost three months yet we have people claiming that we will be nowhere near relegation and that Robinson done a decent job. This is an exceptionally shite team.

Many of our fans are watching the games with their eyes wide shut.

31 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If Seedorf starts again there will be serious questions against Alexander.

With Accies at Celtic Park a draw is a decent result to get us ahead of them on points.

I’d agree with the Seedorf starting part 100%. Hopefully Lawless is fit.

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Likewise , for the money he'd command to stay Id get shot of him.

You'd definitely be looking for more from him, but if he goes it's another headache to replace him. There's other positions needing sorted out right now, so I hope he stays till the end of the season. 

37 minutes ago, steelboy said:

This team haven't scored more than one goal in a game in almost three months yet we have people claiming that we will be nowhere near relegation and that Robinson done a decent job. We have are the only team in the league with only 4 wins. This is an exceptionally shite team.

Over Robinson’s Tenure he did do a good job, the stats don’t lie including his win percentage.

30 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

end of Jan - the clock is ticking

I know he's an international player but personally not been impressed (other than his first game).

I would get shot of him , put grimshaw at full back and spend the wages on a half decent midfielder as that’s where our biggest problems lie

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

No, but a lot of us have endured seasons worse than this (including 2 actual relegations, one relegation avoided by reconstruction, one relegation avoided by Falkirk's lack of seating and 3 years in the First Division).  We've also seen seasons where we struggled for 2 or 3 months, but did enough to turn things around.

This team doesn't even rank in my worst top 10.

• Like 1

This game is absolutely massive, the biggest of the season so far.

There’s been plenty of positivity from Alexander publicly, which I get, but if there’s a split in the dressing room and players don’t want to be here (as alluded to by Robinson in recent interviews since leaving) then hopefully they’ve been identified and are ready to be emptied. These types are not the players we need in as relegation battle.

If we fail to show up in this on then I don’t know where we go from here. 

On 1/24/2021 at 5:17 AM, joewarkfanclub said:

I would expect some changes for this one. 

Id go 4-4-2 with Smith starting potentially alongside Long.

If Polworth is indeed suspended I would presume that Watt and hopefully Lawless will play the wide midfield roles with 2 of Campbell, Crawford and OHara in the middle. Defence picks itself.

Big game. Be nice to win it but must not lose.

I dont think you're far off. But id rather see watt in a more central attacking role behind the front1/2 à la turnbull..i dont think cole has done much wrong to b replaced by long but is he maybe too similar to smith n would it work..time will tell..good thing is we have a few options up front,we just need too create chances for them

• Like 1