Edvaldsson

livivoice

21 hours ago, grumpy said:

I'd forgotten what a Pr1@k Jim Reynolds was, thanks for that.

Not my experience with him.

Jim Reynolds was the only newspaper journalist who gave an accurate account of the  'travesty'surrounding our Scottish Cup semi final defeat to Rangers in 1976 and in particular the questionable motives of the referee.

He voluntarily reaffirmed this many years later to me as did 2 broadcasting journalists who were present.

Contrast Reynolds with the other press at the time who were slavering and sychophantic towards Rangers regarding their ' win'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

Not my experience with him.

Jim Reynolds was the only newspaper journalist who gave an accurate account of the  'travesty'surrounding our Scottish Cup semi final defeat to Rangers in 1976 and in particular the questionable motives of the referee.

He voluntarily reaffirmed this many years later to me as did 2 broadcasting journalists who were present.

Contrast Reynolds with the other press at the time who were slavering and sychophantic towards Rangers regarding their ' win'.

The report on that shameful game which  sticks in my mind was Ian Archer's in The Herald where he just stopped short of accusing the ref, JRP Aerosol of  Gordon on Tay of blatant cheating. His report began with the poetic reference (well, it was The Herald, when it was a newspaper) "April is the cruellest month", for all you lovers of T.S. Eliot's poetry out there :D.

That match, and the 3-5 game at FP after The Hens rioted  when we were 2-0 up,  merely confirmed to me what a dreadful institution that club is.

I remember Andy Lynch's goals because that was one of the few occasions I stood in the enclosure ablaw the main stand. Laughed my weee C&A socks off that night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1