Season 2020’21: Game 25: Dundee Utd (H)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Are we likely to drop any of the new guys into the team or will we stick largely to a winning team?

If I had to hazard a guess I would say same team starts as Ross C but with Polworth in for Crawford.  Maybe Lawless for Long. But apart from that would not expect any new guys to start unless any there are any injuries we are unaware of. I assume OHara still not available. 

On a serious note will the pitch manage with the rain forecast overnight and all day tomorrow. I know the strong wind may help but I do fear for the pitch being playable. We used to have covers or at least I remember we borrowed from another club. Not sure we do anymore. 

Could do with it going ahead to see if we can maintain upwards momentum. 

27 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

If I had to hazard a guess I would say same team starts as Ross C but with Polworth in for Crawford.  Maybe Lawless for Long. But apart from that would not expect any new guys to start unless any there are any injuries we are unaware of. I assume OHara still not available. 

On a serious note will the pitch manage with the rain forecast overnight and all day tomorrow. I know the strong wind may help but I do fear for the pitch being playable. We used to have covers or at least I remember we borrowed from another club. Not sure we do anymore. 

Could do with it going ahead to see if we can maintain upwards momentum. 

Like you, I don't think we'll see too many changes from last week. Foley would be the one most likely, I reckon, given he's trained a couple of days more with us than the others. Maybe in for Crawford. Would definitely like to see Maguire keep his place...

EDIT I'd be surprised if there was an issue with the pitch. Been a long time since we've had any problems. Probably jinxed it by saying that...

Plenty of competition for places now, to the point where I'm hopeful the manager doesn't spend the next 6 weeks chopping and changing out of necessity. I'd go with the same XI that started vs County, bring Lawless in for Long if he's fit enough.

Long really must be on last chance saloon now with us.

I would imagine we will see the same team as Ross County. The manager has made a big think about building on last weeks result for confidence and momentum. You dont do that by chopping and changing unecessarily. Unless there are injuries we dont know about I would expect to see the same starting 11.

12 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Expect change. Defender in for a scan.

Well I hope it is not SOD, Gallacher or Carroll. 

If the latter FFS is all I will say. If SOD might explain why he stayed put. If Gallacher then one game away from triggering an extension....If big Bevis then thee goes my anytime goalscorer bet. 

But OTF likes to tease..

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

If the latter FFS is all I will say. If SOD might explain why he stayed put. If Gallacher then one game away from triggering an extension....If big Bevis then thee goes my anytime goalscorer bet. 

But OTF likes to tease..

Nothing about tease.

Transfer window now closed & with Euros on the horizon he’ll need to play at least 1 game between now & season end. A scan would rule out any impropriety on a contract trigger surely?

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

But OTF likes to tease..

If it's Gallagher out, scan being true or not, the rumours will swirl. Not ideal. Quite an easy one to stamp out mind you with a wee soundbite from club or player if indeed that is required.

Hoping it's Lamie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Expect change. Defender in for a scan.

The two I am quite eager to see are Nolan and the the boy from Blackburn, see if this pace is all a myth.

regarding Gallagher, playing between now and the end of the season are in his best interests with the euro's, so I doubt he will be anything other than professional about it all and as folk have mentioned there is probably a gentleman's agreement he can go in the summer.

I obviously don't know that for certain, a pure stab in the dark but the club tend to be fairly reasonable on that front.

10 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

The two I am quite eager to see are Nolan and the the boy from Blackburn, see if this pace is all a myth.

regarding Gallagher, playing between now and the end of the season are in his best interests with the euro's, so I doubt he will be anything other than professional about it all and as folk have mentioned there is probably a gentleman's agreement he can go in the summer.

I obviously don't know that for certain, a pure stab in the dark but the club tend to be fairly reasonable on that front.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I genuinely don't think Dec will chuck the toys out the pram either. 

55 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Nothing about tease.

Transfer window now closed & with Euros on the horizon he’ll need to play at least 1 game between now & season end. A scan would rule out any impropriety on a contract trigger surely?

For once I’m going to agree with you, received the same information... He can Chuck the toys at the pram if he wants just means he’ll likely ruin his euros chances, Kind of points to why we signed 2 defenders and I expected him to leave late on on Monday.

I am sure I read Alexander saying Tyler was brought in to cover right side of defence, given he was signed so late I wouldnt be surprised if Dec or SOD have got a knock and Tyler brought in to cover them. He has probably got the most recent minutes under his belt of our signings so expect him to come in for Dec or SOD tonight.