Season 2020’21: Game 25: Dundee Utd (H)

Andy_P

5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

If Gallagher is not injured then this is the first big test of Alexanders tenure. Should it turn out he isn't injured then he clearly doesn't want to play for us then the manager must show his strength and leave him in the stand for the rest of the season .Hope to hear he is genuinely is injured and back in the team on Saturday 

And if it's a career ending injury, let's all have a party!!!

6 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I know agreeing with Yodo is outwith the norm for this site, but if there is any grain of truth in this, then I completely agree with this.

I'd much rather he plays his best for the remainder of the season while we pay his wages, letting him cement his place in the international squad.

If there is a contractual issue, then a Turnbull type clause where we mutually agree a trigger for transfer suits both parties.

Then everybody wins.

That, for me, is good management.

4 minutes ago, santheman said:

TBF to Lamie he was signed as a CB and from memory I think this will be the first time he's played in his natural position rather than as an improvised LB. 

He might actually turn out to be no bad 

He started the season at CB with Nathan McGinley at LB.

@Onthefringes Some information we both received and agreed on, can we be mates now???

In all seriousness he had a scan today for a mystery injury, detailed as a muscle injury? It’s been evident this season he doesn’t want to be here beyond this season, not necessarily him more so his agent sending things to multiple media outlets etc. I like the big guy I do and he’s undoubtedly over the past 18 months been our best player, but nobody is bigger than the club, especially when he’s going round liking fans tweets then removing them, all I/ we ask at Motherwell is you give 100% when at the club and considering he’s a club captain it’s extremely poor for me. If we wants to renegotiate his contract to leave in the summer then let it happen but I wouldn’t be giving him a platform for the euros if I’m the manager.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'd much rather he plays his best for the remainder of the season while we pay his wages, letting him cement his place in the international squad.

If there is a contractual issue, then a Turnbull type clause where we mutually agree a trigger for transfer suits both parties.

Then everybody wins.

That, for me, is good management.

Without a doubt, so would I...with the squad we have, we are a far better team with Gallagher playing in it, but until it comes out, everyone is jumping to conclusions...Yodo included.

But IF it transpires there are some 'shenanigans' going on in anyway...that word IF...then we can't be playing players who aren't committed to playing...and if a player doesn't play for five months before, he's more than likely not going to make the Euro squad. 

I'm siding on a genuine - (bad coincidentally timed) - injury, but that would be good to be confirmed sooner one way or another.

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Money?

I dare say you'd be hard pushed to find anyone in our squad who wouldn't fancy more money, here or elsewhere.

(A huge) If he was feigning injury to prevent a contract extension being triggered, does that mean he can sign and play for another club despite the window being shut? What date does his current contract end?

Whether you think Gallagher is injured or not, I think you can put to bed the argument of 'he'll need to play with the Euros coming up'.  If the Euros go ahead (and that's a huge if in my book), Gallagher is in the position where he knows Scotland have very few options at centre half. If he is 'at it' (and again that's a huge if), all he would need to do is have a quiet word with Steve Clarke and explain he's fit and that it's a contractual issue.

Let me make it clear, not suggesting he's not injured. But using the Euros as a reason 'he'll have to play at some point ' is a nonsense...

Gallagher bring out fir a few weeks means he’ll miss about 6 games!

I hope Alexander knows what he’s doing but I really can’t get my head round why under any circumstances Lamie should be anywhere near the starting 11. We’ve signed Nolan, Tyrone and Foley who could all cover there or put Maguire back there.

2 of the new guys are only in the door a couple of days but Foley the best part of a week.

Why have we had no update on Lawless either? 

1 minute ago, milo said:

I hope Alexander knows what he’s doing but I really can’t get my head round why under any circumstances Lamie should be anywhere near the starting 11. We’ve signed Nolan, Tyrone and Foley who could all cover there or put Maguire back there.

Not wishing to single you out as I think I've seen another person on here do this already, but we'd go off our head if the media kept getting the name of one of our players wrong. It's Tyler...

3 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Not wishing to single you out as I think I've seen another person on here do this already, but we'd go off our head if the media kept getting the name of one of our players wrong. It's Tyler...

Ha ha! That’s an auto correct mistake. 

12 minutes ago, supermarv said:

@Onthefringes Some information we both received and agreed on, can we be mates now???

In all seriousness he had a scan today for a mystery injury, detailed as a muscle injury? It’s been evident this season he doesn’t want to be here beyond this season, not necessarily him more so his agent sending things to multiple media outlets etc. I like the big guy I do and he’s undoubtedly over the past 18 months been our best player, but nobody is bigger than the club, especially when he’s going round liking fans tweets then removing them, all I/ we ask at Motherwell is you give 100% when at the club and considering he’s a club captain it’s extremely poor for me. If we wants to renegotiate his contract to leave in the summer then let it happen but I wouldn’t be giving him a platform for the euros if I’m the manager.

Doubt we’ll be mates, but, happy to call a truce ;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I dare say you'd be hard pushed to find anyone in our squad who wouldn't fancy more money, here or elsewhere.

(A huge) If he was feigning injury to prevent a contract extension being triggered, does that mean he can sign and play for another club despite the window being shut? What date does his current contract end?

If he plays for us again he triggers an extra year which for talking sake might guarantee him £150,000. If he is a free agent at the end of the season I expect he could get himself a multi year contract which is worth at least £500,000.

It's a lot of money.

I hope this is the last we see of these types of contracts because it's always likely one party or the other will end up unhappy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Let me make it clear, not suggesting he's not injured. But using the Euros as a reason 'he'll have to play at some point ' is a nonsense...

Still, I would imagine it would be a massive gamble to take. He played a huge part towards the end as we qualified for the Euros, it would be a tad risky to play someone who had no football in many months should the competition go ahead, while I would agree he would likely still be in squad I'm sure he would want to be playing. Hopefully its not Iain Vigurs syndrome where the injury clears after his departure.

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If he plays for us again he triggers an extra year which for talking sake might guarantee him £150,000. If he is a free agent at the end of the season I expect he could get himself a multi year contract which is worth at least £500,000.

It's a lot of money.

I hope this is the last we see of these types of contracts because it's always likely one party or the other will end up unhappy. 

Yup. I'm going on the assumption he needs to play football for someone if he wants to make the Euros, and that someone has to be us now. We'll see.

One thing's for sure, whoever went to the papers about the trigger hasn't done him any favours. Nor has his former boss.