Season 2020’21: Game 25: Dundee Utd (H)

Andy_P

57 minutes ago, supermarv said:

For once I’m going to agree with you, received the same information... He can Chuck the toys at the pram if he wants just means he’ll likely ruin his euros chances, Kind of points to why we signed 2 defenders and I expected him to leave late on on Monday.

I am going to pick up on this comment above. Not a go at u supermarv. 

I am not sure I understand the chucking his toys out of the pram stuff. He signed a contract with we believe a contract extension triggered by x amount of games. 

If someone comes in or came in with a decent offer I am sure we would consider it. But it has not been reported unlike Campbell or Nisbet for example. Nowt we can do if no one is interested. I am quite surprised there were no bids but not our fault. 

We have always said we would not stand in anyone’s way if our valuation is met. Same will apply in the summer if Gallacher is contracted for another season. 

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Given the way the gaffer spoke yesterday about Campbells professionalism and the need to put Motherwell first at the moment, I don;t get the impression that he will suffer fools gladly. If Dec or anyone else was fannying about, i reckon it would get dealt with quite sharpish.

GA was described to me by someone in the know as an iron fist in a velvet glove so yeah I don't think he will take any snash. Training schedules changed with double training sessions now also  a norm apparently.  Certainly putting his own personal stamp on things.

Always thought this season that St Johnstone were better than their league position and Dundee Utd were much worse.

Even though they have been Top 6 most of the season I still think they are 1 of 5 teams that are potential relegation candidates.

We need to beat relegation candidates....

50 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I am going to pick up on this comment above. Not a go at u supermarv. 

I am not sure I understand the chucking his toys out of the pram stuff. He signed a contract with we believe a contract extension triggered by x amount of games. 

If someone comes in or came in with a decent offer I am sure we would consider it. But it has not been reported unlike Campbell or Nisbet for example. Nowt we can do if no one is interested. I am quite surprised there were no bids but not our fault. 

We have always said we would not stand in anyone’s way if our valuation is met. Same will apply in the summer if Gallacher is contracted for another season. 

Totally understand your point but I guess not everything is made public. With my comment “By Chuck the toys out the pram” I mean trying every trick in the book to not play, he’s also trying to renegotiate his contract to exclude that trigger clause, personally for me I’d punt him. I don’t understand why he’d want to jeopardise a euro spot or turning potential suitors away however he obviously feels strongly about leaving the club and not signing on again at the moment. For a captain of a football club I find it very poor. We shall see tonight if what the rumours and what people have been told are true I guess. 

I see United didnt sign anyone in the window and moved a few on. I guess the money troubles are for real. With that and their players having to take wage cuts, it would be understandable if morale at Tannadice wasnt the greatest. Big game for us tonight. Chance to send a message out, build on last weeks win and compound Uniteds misery......

4 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

A lot of assumptions being made here, including that that club are total mugs. Let's hang fire on the pant wetting until we know some facts.

Like it or not, if Gallagher is seen to be injured one game shy of triggering an automatic contract extension, it's certain that conspiracy theories will abound, particularly given we signed two defenders on deadline day.  Time will tell on this issue. 

What I do feel is certain (and understandable) is that while the club may have thought Gallagher was going to be a good signing, there is no way that they would have thought a 28 year old centre back signed from Livingston would go on to be a Scotland regular and therefore possibly more in demand. So I do suspect that the situation we are in is not one we prepared for...

If Gallagher is not injured then this is the first big test of Alexanders tenure. Should it turn out he isn't injured then he clearly doesn't want to play for us then the manager must show his strength and leave him in the stand for the rest of the season .Hope to hear he is genuinely is injured and back in the team on Saturday 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

If Gallagher is not injured then this is the first big test of Alexanders tenure. Should it turn out he isn't injured then he clearly doesn't want to play for us then the manager must show his strength and leave him in the stand for the rest of the season .Hope to hear he is genuinely is injured and back in the team on Saturday 

I know agreeing with Yodo is outwith the norm for this site, but if there is any grain of truth in this, then I completely agree with this.