Season 2020’21: Game 26: Celtic (A)

Andy_P

2 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

The midweek game against Killie is the more important game

See this as a free hit … … hence I would rest a few Watt and Campbell for starters 

Throw all the new guys in and treat it like a trial match, everyone out to impress, see if anyone forces themselves into contention.

The only thing I don't like about the "free hit" option is that it works when the opposition is taking maximum points off all our competitors. Given where Celtic currently find themselves, I am thinking that currently this is no longer the case. As such, I think it is up to us to take the fixture seriously and see what we can get out of it. I still would see even a point as a bonus, but other sides will be taking points off them before the end of the season.

I think we should have a right go at them.

There defence is rank and St Mirren and Livvy have both given them problems in recent weeks. 

They are nowhere near the levels they have been at in the last few years.

You look at their recent results and you think there's no reason that we can't get something from this game. But then you realise that it will be Lamie and Mugabi against Edouard and Griffiths and think if we escape with a 2-0 defeat and no injuries or red cards that would be acceptable. 

If we get a result, great. If we don't, I hope to not read on here criticism about how St Mirren went there and won...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I don't think it is available to buy.  Celtic's home games are for their season ticket holders only.

Really? 

I dont know whether to be relieved or raging! :P

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

I'd switch to a back five and stick Magloire in for Long. 

Stephen O'Donnell was poor defensively last night, we need Alexander to get more out of him. 

Matching them up in a 3-5-2 wouldnt be the worst idea. It will provide more cover for Bevis and Lamie, especially if Magloire is as rapid as he is made out. O'Donnell has shown for Scotland what he is capable of in that formation and it might suit him better. Will also stop the midfield getting overun without blunting our attack too much.

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

I'd switch to a back five and stick Magloire in for Long. 

Stephen O'Donnell was poor defensively last night, we need Alexander to get more out of him. 

Unfortunately, the modern approach to full backs seems to put much more emphasis on running forward than being able to actually defend.