Season 2020’21: Game 26: Celtic (A)

Andy_P

On 2/6/2021 at 5:52 PM, Welldaft Mk1 said:

So far so meh for H Smith. A Jordan White clone it would appear. 

A bit premature Iain. We have to give him gametime and a chance. He's a different type of player to Jordan White. 

White was not a target man, by his own admission, but Smith is. 

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A bit premature Iain. We have to give gamete and a chance. He's a different type of player to Jordan White. 

White was not a target man, by his own admission, but Smith is. 

You're usually quick to slaughter players, i agree with Welldaft, Smith looks nothing special and i doubt much between him and White. He looks a bit player again like White, getting brought on late in games

2 minutes ago, milo said:

His missed header gets worse every time you see it. Probably had his eyes shut when he attempted it. 

No It does  not, so stop talking pish, he got his head on it, it was heading in and forced Laxalt into a very good goal line clearance to prevent a certain goal, so cut the guy some slack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No It does  not, so stop talking pish, he got his head on it, it was heading in and forced Laxalt into a very good goal line clearance to prevent a certain goal, so cut the guy some slack.

I was maybe a bit harsh on Smith after a few beers. I want him to be successful like any player that comes to Motherwell FC. 

But that was a glaring miss. Laxalt should never have had the chance to clear it off the line. 

If he connects and the goalie pulls of a stunning save then fine. But to head the ball into the ground when a few yards from the goal line and an excellent cross (by Lamie iirc) is a poor miss any way you look at it. And again if that had been big JW he would have had more stick than Smith has had. 

Hopefully he can make amends in the coming weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Aye if Laxalt misses it or Cole makes an effort to put it in then he's a hero. 

Fine margins. 

• Like 1

all strikers will miss - Cole has missed plenty but thankfully got on the end of a few.
Watt has missed plenty but his overall game is solid.

The exam question for me " is Smith better than what we have ?"   Early evidence suggests no, but too early to say for sure. 

Other than Kelly none of our Jan signings look to be better than our best 11 . 

3 hours ago, alanos said:

Totally agree.  Fling yourself in front of the ball. Reminds me of the shit keeper you get at 5s, who turns sideways to avoid getting hit.

Think he’s lost in the team. If Gallagher unfit for Wed, give one of the young guys a go.

Putting in an untested young guy in against Killie on a terrible pitch for a crucial game against a, no doubt, Tommy Wright kick-us-off-the-park side, would be madness.

There's definitely a time for that, but this game isn't the time.

36 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

The exam question for me " is Smith better than what we have ?"   Early evidence suggests no, but too early to say for sure. 

I'll happily take a £50 charity bet that Smith's bookings will easily outnumber his goals while he's at Motherwell. 

• Like 1