Season 2020’21: Game 28: Hamilton (H)

Andy_P

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020’21: Game 28: Hamilton (H)

In reality it is probably hyperbole to call this a "must win" game. I also admire the optimism of those asking up a win as opening up our chances of somehow making the top six. As I see it we are still on the cusp of a relegation battle and that has to be our main concern. The good news is that we are on our good run at present with some mproved performances and results. Keeping it going for another couple of weeks would be most beneficial  A result in this fixture will go a long way to securing our future in the division. Let's hope we can achieve that.

Hamilton are such a dreadful bunch of scrapers. They will be up for it and have recently proved they are capable of getting decent results against anyone. I would love three points, but a draw would not be the end of the world.

10 hours ago, The African said:

In reality it is probably hyperbole to call this a "must win" game. I also admire the optimism of those asking up a win as opening up our chances of somehow making the top six. As I see it we are still on the cusp of a relegation battle and that has to be our main concern. The good news is that we are on our good run at present with some mproved performances and results. Keeping it going for another couple of weeks would be most beneficial  A result in this fixture will go a long way to securing our future in the division. Let's hope we can achieve that.

Hamilton are such a dreadful bunch of scrapers. They will be up for it and have recently proved they are capable of getting decent results against anyone. I would love three points, but a draw would not be the end of the world.

Whilst I dont disagree with any of that, it would be nice for the players to see a carrot every now and again, instead of just a stick! :P

38 minutes ago, milo said:

Just keen to get as much daylight between ourselves and 11th as possible and then see where that takes us.

The players owe us for the last shocker v Accies also.

The daylight is the key. Once that gap is large enough and the team can think about looking up the table, the change in mentality can be huge.

I'd love to see us cuff Accies, but at this stage, I'll take 3 points any which way.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The daylight is the key. Once that gap is large enough and the team can think about looking up the table, the change in mentality can be huge.

I'd love to see us cuff Accies, but at this stage, I'll take 3 points any which way.

Absolutely agree. Much as I'd love to turn this mob over by 3 or 4 I'd happily settle for a repeat of the shitfest at Kilmarnock and another 3 points.

25 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Absolutely agree. Much as I'd love to turn this mob over by 3 or 4 I'd happily settle for a repeat of the shitfest at Kilmarnock and another 3 points.

one off sombodys arse cheek,  doesnt even need to hit the net just cross the line

preferebly in the 95th minute last kick of the ball type of goal

after yaccies have been dominant all game 

IF CARLSBERG DONE FOOTBALL GAMES :danced:

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

one off sombodys arse cheek,  doesnt even need to hit the net just cross the line

preferebly in the 95th minute last kick of the ball type of goal

after yaccies have been dominant all game 

IF CARLSBERG DONE FOOTBALL GAMES :danced:

I would want the ball tangled in the back of the net just in case John Beaton is the ref.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

One things for sure, Tony Watt had better look out his extra reinforced shin pads

Just Tony Watt?

As usual, Accies will be fired up for this and we won't be able to match them physically, so we need to box clever; wise up, get streetwise. We need to try to play football and if we're really up against it, facing ranks of defenders holding onto a single goal lead, we have the option of bringing on a 6-5 striker and firing high balls to him. No point in firing high balls to Chris Long etc.

The first goal will be important and there's no reason why we shouldn't score it.  This time round we have a better keeper and a steadier team.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Just Tony Watt?

As usual, Accies will be fired up for this and we won't be able to match them physically, so we need to box clever; wise up, get streetwise. We need to try to play football and if we're really up against it, facing ranks of defenders holding onto a single goal lead, we have the option of bringing on a 6-5 striker and firing high balls to him. No point in firing high balls to Chris Long etc.

The first goal will be important and there's no reason why we shouldn't score it.  This time round we have a better keeper and a steadier team.

Well everyone really,  but I think Rice will have identified Tony as our main threat so will single him out for some "extra special" attention but as GA says play our own game and let the opposition worry about us.

Accies supporting mate reckons they're not too hot at high balls into the penalty area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burn_Broomfield said:

I would take any type of win tomorrow, but I would be relatively satisfied if we handed out a scudding to the money launderers.

Ditto...let’s get this lot and their plastic pitch relegated ...unfortunately we have gave them 40% of their victories this season FFS  !!!