Season 2020’21: Game 28: Hamilton (H)

Andy_P

Just now, spudmfc said:

Got t feel for him though..hes come onto a decent run of form and done not alot wrong today ,but granted one of front men had t go

Yeah, had to be one of them, but I'd probably have taken Cole off. You can appreciate why Long would feel aggrieved, he'll just need to get on with it though.

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

we get out fought in midfield every game - we've ridden our luck recently but would like to reconsider the 3 man midfield 

I agreed with a guy saying this after the Killie game and was told, shut up, it's working. Getting away with it doesn't mean it's working. That defence was never gonnae be good enough to stand up to repeated pressure. 

Not much different to the first half against killie, but with accies actually taking advantage of our poor play. Can't argue with the penalty or the red, sometimes those get missed, but we weren't that lucky. Despite how bad we've been, we should have scored from two free headers from corners, criminal to miss those. 

We should have made the change after the sending off, sticking with 3 up made no sense. 

At least we get to see one of the new guys for a bit. 

Brutal stuff. Accies always treat the game like a derby whereas we always seem to approach the game in first gear. What can you say about the goals, first it looks like it goes under the legs of Mugabi as he try's to block it and for the third it looks like he plays the ball off of the Accies forward, I had hoped we had ironed those errors out but just as you get a bit confident that you're heading in the right direction this happens.

• Like 1

Looking at the goals again they all have the same lack of defending. We are not within 5 yards of a Hamilton player for any of the four passes leading up to the first goal. We fail to stop the cross again leading to the penalty, and we have the familiar sight of us marking spaces at the third, just unfortunate that the accies players were in different spaces. What is going on?

Edited by JSR
Finger trouble
  • Like 1

Long can’t complain, Cole has been banging them in and Tony Watt’s workrate and holding the ball up can’t be faulted. If Long wants to stay on he has to outperform them and he hasn’t.

These guys all need the smelling salts wafted under their noses.

Totally up for informing the SPFL we’ve had a rogue outbreak of the Covvy D in the last 5 mins ..... at least -3 goals don’t affect our GD. 

16 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Players have been poor; but many of our problems stem from the 4-3-3 set up, lack of squad rotation since Wednesday, and the tactic of inviting Accies on to us. 

Yeah, I certainly don't understand why we constantly allow teams into final third and expect the centre Half's to cope with everything into the box.

1 minute ago, JSR said:

I'm not having this nonsense of " oh they had a game in midweek". Tennis players play 2 or 3 hours at a time on their own, and if they win they get to play again the next day. They're professional sportsmen

correct......... but there ballers and there elite  NOT