Season 2020’21: Game 28: Hamilton (H)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, johnny71 said:

Motherwell is the reason Hamilton survive every season.

9 gift wrapped points this season. Almost as if we want them to stay up so we can finish above them the following season. The frustrating thing is they played well against us and Rangers but will no doubt be keech when they meet St Mirren.

10 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

he looks decent in a poor team. Problem is all the midfield are defensively minded - holding midfield players 

Campbell scores against Killie because he found himself supporting the front. Today he plays in front of the back four and is totally ineffective. He did nothing but pass the ball backwards. We need Donnelly back and Campbell in a more advanced position imo. 

Edit. I know your post was about McGuire but he was in a midfield full of passengers today. I think he's got something to offer. 

To be honest any team with Lamie, Mugabi and Maguire will struggle. SOD is fairly average in a Well shirt. 

Started shite and went downhill from there.

Not my favourite but Polworth in next week for Maguire. Hopefully Gallagher will be back.  Need a win but our home form is absolute garbage. Need a shake up for St Johnstone. Big game. We cannot afford to lose next week or we are well and truly back in the shite. 

1 minute ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

To be honest any team with Lamie, Mugabi and Maguire will struggle. SOD is fairly average in a Well shirt. 

Not my favourite but Polworth in next week for Maguire. Hopefully Gallagher will be back.  Need a win but our home form is absolute garbage. Need a shake up for St Johnstone. Big game. We cannot afford to lose next week or we are well and truly back in the shite. 

gallacher wont be back 

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

yep, i know polworth nit everyone's cup if tea, but theres a bit of craft there,  they are all just holding players.

Problem is that Polworth needs hard working, physical players around him to allow him to play and right now we don't have them.

Might have been a different game if we took those two early chances from corners, but overall we got what we deserved. We didn't win any individual battles, and it's hard to give anyone pass marks. The forwards put in a great shift, but we were barely a threat.

I assume Johnstone came on to audition for the start in the next game with Odonnell being out, it will be interesting to see if he gets the chance. Hopefully Gallagher will be for for Saturday if he starts training on monday. 

The post split bottom six is going to be a free for all, not really anything in it right now. 

2 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

thing is polworth misplaces one pass and fans on his back, but ordinary players who run about get benefit of the doubt. Our midfield full of holding players wasnt going to work indefinitely.