Season 2020’21: Game 28: Hamilton (H)

Andy_P

Dreadful from start to finish. We never got going from the first whistle and the game was quite correctly done after 30 mins. Past couple of results aside, we are, as we have been all season, dreadful. 
Piecing together enough points (by my count we need 3 wins in 10) will be a huge task. Whatever division we are in next season, massive changes are required. 

Playing 4 3 3 against Accies was always a no no for me.

We all know how they set up so to give territorial advantage to them in the middle of the park was always a recipe for disaster.

Not saying 4 3 3 doesn't work for us just not against Accies as it plays right into their hands.

11 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

so we keep going with plodders?

was thinking about how to change the midfield, but just forgot that all these dicks we signed in the window are injured !!!!     lawless would make a creative differance, but ffs we seen him for like 10 mins  + heez pritty well about himself  so feck knows whats in front of us , we just seem to be shitebags against yaccies

the sooner there out the league the feckin better 

January's just increased the number of players who are either no better than what we had or unavailable for selection, so we're relying on a team who've just reminded us how we got here in the first place. And reliable is not an adjective you'd use to describe this lot.

(Here) we go again. 

• Like 1

The signings in the window are a strange one, maybe unlucky with Lawless but two or three have hardly  had a mention. I was hoping for the whole spine to be strengthened with a bit more quality out wide  but we’ve ended up with nothing.

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

January's just increased the number of players who are either no better than what we had or unavailable for selection, so we're relying on a team who've just reminded us how we got here in the first place. And reliable is not an adjective you'd use to describe this lot.

(Here) we go again. 

This is it in a nutshell. 

Someone is going to have to explain why in our situation we signed umpteen players but emerged from the January window relying on the dross that go us into this mess in the first place. 

All we have done is increase the wage bill and the physios work. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

thing is polworth misplaces one pass and fans on his back, but ordinary players who run about get benefit of the doubt. Our midfield full of holding players wasnt going to work indefinitely. 

My problem with Polworth is he completely disappears rather than him making mistakes.

We've took a hard one today but let's not forget we've won nearly as many matches in the last couple of weeks than we have the whole rest of the season.

Honestly, with this group of players, I'd be relatively happy if we take a proper doing every 8th game and win 3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

My problem with Polworth is he completely disappears rather than him making mistakes.

We've took a hard one today but let's not forget we've won nearly as many matches in the last couple of weeks than we have the whole rest of the season.

Honestly, with this group of players, I'd be relatively happy if we take a proper doing every 8th game and win 3.

I'd bite your hand off for that.

The worry is, we won our 4 games under Robinson pretty much on the bounce, then done nothing for how long? Hopefully Alexander makes the difference now, but watching that today brings home how easily that same group of players could go on a run of shit form again, which might well be fatal at this stage. They've got the chance next week to prove that won't happen. Disnae excuse today though.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Playing 4 3 3 against Accies was always a no no for me.

We all know how they set up so to give territorial advantage to them in the middle of the park was always a recipe for disaster.

Not saying 4 3 3 doesn't work for us just not against Accies as it plays right into their hands.

I'm not a fan of the 4-3-3 - it invites teams to dominate against us and frankly Long is a waste of a shirt unless in the central position. 

3 -5 -2 against most teams would be preference which can flip into a 5-3-2 when under pressure.

Would also like to see a 4-4-2 in acton until we have a decent wide player.  

23 minutes ago, Mortonhallwell said:

Alexander saying after the game he asked the players to give their maximum in 2nd half. Why didn't they give their maximum in 1st half. Very interesting comment. 

In that case he'll be disappointed. Certainly we played better after the break but quite a few players, Watt and Cole excepted , were still poor. Our midfield was far too static before and after the break and failed to compete. It also helped that Accies took their foot off the gas.

2 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

jock brown is staying positive,  some of his drugs are required

Odonnell  has sold the jerseys today, although am sure we would've been beaten had we 11 men.

Stupid decision by an international player.

Hamilton will stay up easily based on this, we look as bad as ever.

Odonnell is a fuckin liability,  couldnt believe all the joy at him resigning 

• Like 1