Season 2020’21: Game 28: Hamilton (H)

Andy_P

State of play shows its in our hands. We still ahead of killie. Ross county and hammer throwers! Lets do this! Playing most of game with 10 men not reflecting true game. When we see these plastic fraud monkeys relegated. I will be happy. 5 nil to well on next derby! I remember super moult header beat them. Come on ye well!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

State of play shows its in our hands. We still ahead of killie. Ross county and hammer throwers! Lets do this! Playing most of game with 10 men not reflecting true game. When we see these plastic fraud monkeys relegated. I will be happy. 5 nil to well on next derby! I remember super moult header beat them. Come on ye well!

Spot on , a very bad day at the office today but we are still effectively 6 points ( counting goal difference) In front of the bottom 2 so totally in our own hands.  We move on to the next game, coyw

Was backshift today, so missed the game and can't comment on any specific individuals or incidents as I can't bring myself to watch the 'highlights'. 

As much as it is a shocking result, a big set back and boot in the baws after the recent good run, there are still 3 teams who would gladly swap places with us, and if we can still say that at the end of the season I'll be happy.

There may be slim hopes of snatching the last top 6 place for some, but from here on it's all about amassing enough points to survive. If that's to be achieved there can be no more displays like today. The honeymoon period is well and truly over, time for Alexander to kick some arses and find out who is truly up for the fight. 

Truly awful performance.

For all our improvements since he arrived Graham Alexander will have lots to ponder this week.

All our frailties were cruelly exposed today. He needs to acknowledge them and show he is able to identify and address them.

1 hour ago, mfcdez said:

The honeymoon period is well and truly over, time for Alexander to kick some arses and find out who is truly up for the fight. 

He's also gonnae have to re-evaluate his tactics, which I assume he was alluding to in the post match interview on telly.  If he was previously unaware, today he found out what most of us have known all season - that defence can't be put under pressure for too long before the cracks start showing. O'Donnell's out next week, Mugabi must be doubtful, Gallagher unlikely. Magloire aside, who else comes in?

Midfield wise, the question being asked is who comes in for who, but I don't see how we can continue with just the 3 guys. Every manager in the league must already have worked out how easily they can get at us if we stick to that system. The front guys are working hard and are undoubtedly the best area of the team, but we still don't look like we're going to give anyone a hammering. And god help us if Tony Watt succumbs to the kickings he gets every week.

We should manage to scrape to safety eventually, but today showed a lot of that team will never do in the long term. Alexander's got a huge task keeping us up now, then another one rebuilding in the summer. I hope to christ he had hee haw to do with the January signings.

I'd start with rounding every one of that shower up, getting them in on Sunday morning, into the minibus and round to every season ticket holder to apologise. Charles Dunne can drive, he has previous of a bit of that in the snow. Tony Watt is the only one who can sit it out. Upon returning, a few of them should stay at FP and start self flagellating themselves like the creepy monk in the DaVinci code.

Brian Rice has outfoxed us 3x this season, time to give up or have an epiphany. We are again in the mire opposed to now snapping at the heels of 6th spot. However, the teams around us are much the same crock of shit. It gives me the rage that when the fixtures are released, Accies fans must look at them as 9 points as a given.

Alexander's main fault so far is taking it for granted as a football club we have footballers on the books.  A wholesale GTF clearout is required.

St Johnstone (H)

St Mirren (A)

Hibs (A)

Livvy (H)

Killie (A)

No more OF or Aberdeen. Facing the team in third and two with a bit of momentum one of which is off the boil of late.

Well we need players back because we’re really going to be struggling to put out an even half decent first team at this rate, we’ve had some amount of injuries this season. Regarding Gallagher I think he’s simply doing what most people would, this is his one and only chance to move up the footballing ladder, two or three years down the line he’s past his best with no guarantee he will still be playing for Scotland. I don’t believe he’s unhappy at the club and if nothing pans out he could well sign another long contract and see his best years out with us but as it stands he’s simply leaving his options open. You look at Aldred and Hartley and maybe think I’m at their level or above so why not me.

1 hour ago, gee said:

Difficult game to come on in but how did Magloire look?

Is he our partner for Dec in a back 4? 

Hoping Kelly wasn’t the only signing for the first 11? 

No better than what's already there. Got skinned for the 4th goal. Was he no meant to be the speed merchant, cos he turned like the Titanic. Mibbe we were still deliberately allowing the cross to come in though.

Can anyone honestly look at those signings and offer a reasonable explanation? This season, of all seasons, if you're no getting a game for the first team you're not playing, period. So these guys were not match fit, obviously prone to picking up injuries, niggling or otherwise, and therefore unavailable for selection. That's leaving aside what ability they have/had/ever will have. Lawless might not have pleased everyone, though you could see the point, but the rest?

42 minutes ago, gee said:

Difficult game to come on in but how did Magloire look?

Is he our partner for Dec in a back 4? 

Hoping Kelly wasn’t the only signing for the first 11? 

Another donkey like the rest, lost his man 5 seconds after coming on.

11 hours ago, robsterwood said:

dont think they'll go down and they showed they could play on grass too

9 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

He's also gonnae have to re-evaluate his tactics, which I assume he was alluding to in the post match interview on telly.  If he was previously unaware, today he found out what most of us have known all season - that defence can't be put under pressure for too long before the cracks start showing. O'Donnell's out next week, Mugabi must be doubtful, Gallagher unlikely. Magloire aside, who else comes in?

Midfield wise, the question being asked is who comes in for who, but I don't see how we can continue with just the 3 guys. Every manager in the league must already have worked out how easily they can get at us if we stick to that system. The front guys are working hard and are undoubtedly the best area of the team, but we still don't look like we're going to give anyone a hammering. And god help us if Tony Watt succumbs to the kickings he gets every week.

We should manage to scrape to safety eventually, but today showed a lot of that team will never do in the long term. Alexander's got a huge task keeping us up now, then another one rebuilding in the summer. I hope to christ he had hee haw to do with the January signings.

Excellent post Bobby. I just don't get the "retreat into our own box and let the opposition fire in crosses" approach. In fairness we've done this for quite some time.  That might, and I stress might, be ok if you have an outstanding goalie with very few weaknesses, and 2 excellent giant central defenders and 2 decent full backs......but we don't.   This is the reason why we have conceded so many penalties this season. If you allow the opposition free entry to your box any manner of things can go wrong including individual mistakes, brilliant finishing, deflections, bad luck and refereeing errors.  Why leave this to chance?

Defence? McGinley may have recovered in time; O'Hara to right back where he's played before. Midfield? Crawford to come back in and maybe one from Hastie, Polworth and Roberts. Its a case of least bad options. Apart from individual ability, the midfield mix just isn't right. The St Johnsone game is not one to blood youngsters.

We have to revert to a 4-4-2 to try to compete better in midfield, protect a vulnerable defence and support 2 hard working, but isolated, strikers. 

The January signings? Lawless, Smith and Foley injured; Magloire doesn't impress; and and where is Eddie Nolan?  Where is the point in signing players in January if they are unfit and will take months to get up to speed? 

• Like 2

I’m not buying “the sending off killed us”. I mean it probably severely damaged our ability to win the game but it shouldn’t have meant we completely collapsed and ended up 4-0 down! How many times do you see a team go down to 10 men and the other team  completely struggle to get any joy with the numerical advantage?

Even yesterday Dundee Utd had a man sent off and they went up the park and scored 2 minutes later!

Our failings are down to Alexander not making a decision/substitution quicker a d also our players once again buckling at the slightest sign of any adversity.

26 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Excellent post Bobby. I just don't get the "retreat into our own box and let the opposition fire in crosses" approach. In fairness we've done this for quite some time.  That might, and I stress might, be ok if you have an outstanding goalie with very few weaknesses, and 2 excellent giant central defenders and 2 decent full backs......but we don't.   This is the reason why we have conceded so many penalties this season. If you allow the opposition free entry to your box any manner of things can go wrong including individual mistakes, brilliant finishing, deflections, bad luck and refereeing errors.  Why leave this to chance?

Defence? McGinley may have recovered in time; O'Hara to right back where he's played before. Midfield? Crawford to come back in and maybe one from Hastie, Polworth and Roberts. Its a case of least bad options. Apart from individual ability, the midfield mix just isn't right. The St Johnsone game is not one to blood youngsters.

We have to revert to a 4-4-2 to try to compete better in midfield, protect a vulnerable defence and support 2 hard working, but isolated, strikers. 

The January signings? Lawless, Smith and Foley injured; Magloire doesn't impress; and and where is Eddie Nolan?  Where is the point in signing players in January if they are unfit and will take months to get up to speed? 

Totally agree,your taught at boys club football that to stop the goal,you have to stop the cross and yet we have just stood off and let the opposition fire in cross and after cross all season unopposed,it's absolute madness.we need to get away from the 433 now and get another body in the middle of the park,lessons need to be learned starting with the st johnstone game,we need to be harder to beat first and foremost and go from there,not starting with 3 strikers that pretty much hasn't worked all season.we have been all over the place since the summer,the amount of signings we have made that are simply not good enough and what's been witnessed on the park is just as bad.the sooner this season is over with the better,i just hope we will have enough about us to stay clear of the bottom two places,yesterday would have been a massive step towards that but we're now right back in,st johnstone is a must win game for me,not just for the points but to  get that disaster of a performance yesterday out our system.

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

Totally agree,your taught at boys club football that to stop the goal,you have to stop the cross and yet we have just stood off and let the opposition fire in cross and after cross all season unopposed,it's absolute madness.we need to get away from the 433 now and get another body in the middle of the park,lessons need to be learned starting with the st johnstone game,we need to be harder to beat first and foremost and go from there,not starting with 3 strikers that pretty much hasn't worked all season.we have been all over the place since the summer,the amount of signings we have made that are simply not good enough and what's been witnessed on the park is just as bad.the sooner this season is over with the better,i just hope we will have enough about us to stay clear of the bottom two places,yesterday would have been a massive step towards that but we're now right back in,st johnstone is a must win game for me,not just for the points but to  get that disaster of a performance yesterday out our system.

I would settle for a draw and a better performance just to get us back on track. Even at this stage Alexander is starting to get some stick on social media and another heavy defeat will only see that amplified. We could do with a bit more information on what’s happening to all the signings made in the transfer window, as posted by others i’m slightly baffled why we signed players that don’t appear to be fit enough to play when we needed players able to hit the ground running. The injury list continues to be a worry at a crucial time.