Season ticket

Wallace_MFC

Yes,thats correct. If fans take advantage of this offer it means that they will be able to attend all league games in person next year, Covid permitting,  and watch home games this season on TV for the cost of one season ticket . The club will clarify season tickets in the next 4-6 weeks.

15 hours ago, Wallace_MFC said:

It’s torture 

days gone by a good booing at half time  would sort it out 

Welcome to the world of the overseas fans.

On the plus side for us, it's all over before lunchtime and then you can enjoy your Saturday afternoon.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, Kmcalpin said:

Yes,thats correct. If fans take advantage of this offer it means that they will be able to attend all league games in person next year, Covid permitting,  and watch home games this season on TV for the cost of one season ticket . The club will clarify season tickets in the next 4-6 weeks.

its everybody's personal choice but that's a bit of a grand gesture,  basically no season ticket money next year  . People would be perfectly entitled to accept the " freebie" next year.

I dont think anyone predicted that there would be no fans in next year. 

If this season has been tight for money , next year could be a major struggle...

2 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

its everybody's personal choice but that's a bit of a grand gesture,  basically no season ticket money next year  . People would be perfectly entitled to accept the " freebie" next year.

At the AGM it was said that season ticket details will be released in the next 4-6 weeks. The Covid 19 pandemic has brought widespread misery and really affected us all and almost entirely not in a good way. Financially its been a mixed bag. Millions in the travel, hospitality, retailing and other industries have lost their jobs and their income has been slashed. Hotels, pubs, restaurants and airlines have gone into cold storage. But for others, especially those in the public sector and in some large companies it has been better. They have been working from home, cut travel costs and have been unable to spend their income to the usual extent.  Retirees are in the same boat. Income largely unaffected with little to spend it on. So, for others they've built up cash reserves.

As for season ticket renewal, I hope the club gives us choices. At an individual level, there's no right and no wrong. For some, paying again for a new ticket simply isn't on, and they will take advantage of the club's generosity and will renew at no cost. For others, they will wish to pay in full for their renewal, and for yet others they may wish to take advantage of the club's no charge renewal, but only pay for the benefits of TV coverage this season.  Each to their own.

The bottom line is that the club will generate income from some renewals next season; but may not see fans in FP again until the autumn or year end.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, Kmcalpin said:

At the AGM it was said that season ticket details will be released in the next 4-6 weeks. The Covid 19 pandemic has brought widespread misery and really affected us all and almost entirely not in a good way. Financially its been a mixed bag. Millions in the travel, hospitality, retailing and other industries have lost their jobs and their income has been slashed. Hotels, pubs, restaurants and airlines have gone into cold storage. But for others, especially those in the public sector and in some large companies it has been better. They have been working from home, cut travel costs and have been unable to spend their income to the usual extent.  Retirees are in the same boat. Income largely unaffected with little to spend it on. So, for others they've built up cash reserves.

As for season ticket renewal, I hope the club gives us choices. At an individual level, there's no right and no wrong. For some, paying again for a new ticket simply isn't on, and they will take advantage of the club's generosity and will renew at no cost. For others, they will wish to pay in full for their renewal, and for yet others they may wish to take advantage of the club's no charge renewal, but only pay for the benefits of TV coverage this season.  Each to their own.

The bottom line is that the club will generate income from some renewals next season; but may not see fans in FP again until the autumn or year end.

It seems to change daily the thinking of when " normality " will return. 

saw a report last night that pointed to September as when it may be prudent to lift most restrictions. 

There will be people who cant or wont take the vaccine,  so the whole population wont be protected but I dont have the solution to how that's dealt with 

Hopefully fans can be back in football and also people allowed to participate in leisure activities e.g outside sports, before then.

3 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

There will be people who cant or wont take the vaccine,  so the whole population wont be protected but I dont have the solution to how that's dealt with 

That's the point at which you have to rely on herd immunity. If enough people have immunity through vaccination or previous infection, the people who don't should have a very small chance of ever meeting anyone they can catch it from.

13 minutes ago, numpty said:

That's the point at which you have to rely on herd immunity. If enough people have immunity through vaccination or previous infection, the people who don't should have a very small chance of ever meeting anyone they can catch it from.

yep, here's hoping the end if this is in sight.Just been so much of a hot topic that some people may expect zero covid before they're satisfied....doubt that's going to happen for a long time.

I won’t be renewing at Fir Park as much as it hurts me and my love for Motherwell and sitting in the Cooper until I can attend without wearing a muzzle or being told when or how to enter or leave, when to cheer or when to stand up or sit down.

Herd immunity is the only way we will ever get to sit our arses back in our seats as there is no exit strategy by our governing politicians.

The government have in my opinion, and I know many on this forum will disagree but heh it’s my opinion and that’s democracy, have thrown clubs like Motherwell “under the bus”, ever changing and clouded decisions at best will put Motherwell and many other clubs our size in a precarious position, meanwhile clubs like the bigot brothers will continue to survive, I have supported Motherwell for over 50 years but unfortunately I do t think there will be the football league as we know it in 12 months, thanks to our wonderfully incompetent government/s

• Haha 1

The virus screwed clubs and businesses. There will be a lot of hindsight and revisionist history thrown at this for political purposes, but to me the idea of having lots of people in close contact for the best part of two hours every week doesn't seem like a good idea when you're trying to limit the deadliness of a virus and its strain on our healthcare system. It hit us bad enough when we took measures to mitigate the spread, so I can't imagine what would have happened if we had just let it spread.

Heard immunity through vaccination is indeed a way out of this, and luckily some clever folk managed to create a bunch of successful vaccines in less than a year, and we're seeing it being rolled now, so hopefully next season we can get back to something like normal. Which would be nice since I plan to get a season ticket since I'll hopefully be back home.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Dundee Courier reports that "Dundee United are "heavily reliant" on cash from season-ticket renewals and will ask fans to forego their right to credits for games missed this term when they begin to sell seats for next season later in the month."

Well someone will have to foot the bill for this summer's signing spree.

I will also be renewing my season ticket and not take up the offer if there is one about rolling over last seasons ticket.

Dont know if this is a viable suggestion … … could the club renew last season ticket and I then make a donation to the club to the equivalent of season ticket price ?? 

In the above scenario the club would get the VAT (I think)

Dont know how this would go down with the Tax man

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

Dont know if this is a viable suggestion … … could the club renew last season ticket and I then make a donation to the club to the equivalent of season ticket price ?? 

Don't know about the tax situation, but you could certainly just make a one-off donation to the 'Well Society.

6 hours ago, sinjy said:

I will be renewing. I have seen every home game for free so this year's season ticket has been used. 

I will be renewing, but although I could have watched every home game, I've rarely bothered because I hate watching on a screen, It's just not the same as talking sh1!e with those around me. My choice, so if I loose out on "live" games then so be it, admittedly, I'm in a more fortunate place than some though.

5 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

I will also be renewing my season ticket and not take up the offer if there is one about rolling over last seasons ticket.

In the above scenario the club would get the VAT (I think)

Dont know how this would go down with the Tax man

theres a new vat law came in yesterday " vat reverse " so i think it depends on wether the club is the end user ,,,,,,, or some shite close to that 

• 1 month later...