Season 2020’21: Game 29: St Johnstone (H)

Andy_P

6 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

I see the Team News section on the official club site has been updated. 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/club/team-news/

Not sure how much clarity it provides right enough, a few TBC's and an ASAP in there.  Big Bevis not mentioned or any suspension for Tony Watt so hopefully that's good news.

Watt not on the SFA suspension list, if Saturday’s booking took him over a threshold he would miss the Hibs game I think.

50 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Maybe we brought in guys who had trades behind them to help complete the fitting out of the East Stand. Smith's height will certainly come in useful when it comes to painting the rafters.

Don't see too many ready to provide any help on the park so far to be honest. Robinson recommendations that Alexander doesn't fancy?

I'd like to think that when this season is finished someone from the club will come out and explain the rationale behind this signing policy, whether we targeted these players and whether we knew what their fitness levels were and didn't really expect them to figure until the latter part of the season (which is fine by me if that was the case). Not expecting any trade secrets as such just the reasoning.

59 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Maybe we brought in guys who had trades behind them to help complete the fitting out of the East Stand. Smith's height will certainly come in useful when it comes to painting the rafters.

It's a wonder we didnae sign Stanley Matthews on the basis 'class is permanent'.

1 hour ago, Ped_MFC said:

Don't see too many ready to provide any help on the park so far to be honest. Robinson recommendations that Alexander doesn't fancy?

Perhaps the absence of Nolan on the list suggests he is available or that he is not yet match fit.

14 hours ago, livivoice said:

Perhaps the absence of Nolan on the list suggests he is available or that he is not yet match fit.

I kind of thought Similar, the squad has been playing reasonably well up until Saturday so it has given the new boys a chance to integrate a bit more before being chucked in. Either way we have been EXTREMELY unlucky with injuries this season. 

At the best of times, Saturday would be a very tough game, but with our injury list it'll be a mountain to climb. In normal times I'd be hopeful of a win but with a likely makeshift defence? Much will depend on whether Mugabi and Grimshaw make it. Hopefully no more injuries before the weekend, but with our record, I'm not holding my breath.   St Johnstone will play their usual game and will try to bully and hassle us from the off as Accies did. If we can match their work rate then that will help.

30 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

At the best of times, Saturday would be a very tough game, but with our injury list it'll be a mountain to climb. In normal times I'd be hopeful of a win but with a likely makeshift defence? Much will depend on whether Mugabi and Grimshaw make it. Hopefully no more injuries before the weekend, but with our record, I'm not holding my breath.   St Johnstone will play their usual game and will try to bully and hassle us from the off as Accies did. If we can match their work rate then that will help.

Straws and grasping but I'm hoping that our chances could be helped by St Johnstone having one eye on the Leauge Cup Final the following weekend. Players rested perhaps.

St Mirren playing Hamilton tonight, Accies will obviously want to right some wrongs in regards to that covid issue.

I know it's imperative to get as far away from the bottom as we can but what would the ideal result from this game be? St Mirren win and it gets trickier to push for top six, with it being Accies game in hand they can potentially be just two behind us. 

11 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I need to drink from the same cup as you - hadn't crossed my mind we'd be anywhere close to top 6. 

Hope St Mirren win convincingly 

Pre Hamilton game I was convinced we could push for the top six as we were grinding out results but now I'm looking back down the table. Funny the difference a week makes. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kat said:

St Mirren playing Hamilton tonight, Accies will obviously want to right some wrongs in regards to that covid issue.

I know it's imperative to get as far away from the bottom as we can but what would the ideal result from this game be? St Mirren win and it gets trickier to push for top six, with it being Accies game in hand they can potentially be just two behind us. 

we can forget top six  we are utter pish. We need help from other to stop us being in relegation bother. Watching the St Mirren v Accies game. youd think it was being floodlit with a 10 watt bulb. 

**fuck me the commentators on St Mirrens stream seriously think they are fabulous.

8 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Wouldn’t expect to see Mugabi feature any time soon, dislocated shoulder, Devine injured and Dec “injured”. Down to the bare bones. 

So, our unavailable list reads like:

Carson, Fox, O'Donnell, Devine, Mugabi, Grimshaw, Donnelly, Lawless, Smith, Foley, Gallagher, Dunne, McGinley.......and counting.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Top 6 is long gone. I'm as optimistic as any 'Well fan, going so far to predict an uber rare win at Celtic Park two weeks ago, but even I scoff at the idea that top 6 is even remotely achievable now this season.

33 minutes ago, milo said:

Unless any of the new guys are fit it’ll need to be a back four of Johnston, O’Hara, Lamie and Carroll then.

Despite the length of our injury list we may have an option or two at the back; maybe choose the least worst option, that's the best way to put it. You could have a back 4 of O'Hara, Maguire, Lamie and Carroll.