Season 2020’21: Game 29: St Johnstone (H)

Andy_P

If Kelly was to be out we would have nothing to lose by giving PJ his debut, he’s got more talent in his left glove than Chapman has, Chapman I’m afraid is a mare waiting to happen.

Isnt  it ironic that Lamie is the only recognised centre half left standing, how many times has he given sides a goal of a start this season?
Scary proposition but I still think we could scrape a victory, don’t care how but just do it! 

Cmon Yeee Well!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Scary proposition but I still think we could scrape a victory, don’t care how but just do it! 

A midfield 4 should be given instructions to fight to the death/die in the proverbial ditch to prevent St Johnstone from getting anywhere near our penalty box. Do that and we won't be beaten. 

On 2/17/2021 at 6:40 PM, Kmcalpin said:

So, our unavailable list reads like:

Carson, Fox, O'Donnell, Devine, Mugabi, Grimshaw, Donnelly, Lawless, Smith, Foley, Gallagher, Dunne, McGinley.......and counting.

That's brutal. You could make an okay first team out of that, arguably 6/7 first choices in their respective positions. 

Maybe the club doesn't want to publically tip off other clubs as to potential selection?  In the past the injury update would be a quick blurb at the end of a press interview, so I'm not sure if what we have now is much worse. 

It is weird that were not hearing much about our new guys though. With them all being temporary recruits I can see why not much effort has been put in to marketing them, but it's been total silence since the pics of them being interrupted from looking at their shoes.

I get the need to keep quiet any news that could help other teams but on the other hand the lack of updates about whats happening squad wise tends to add the the air of current negativity about the fans forums so there has to be some middle ground.

I think if we knew there was light at the end of the tunnel then we might be a bit more upbeat

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

It is weird that were not hearing much about our new guys though. With them all being temporary recruits I can see why not much effort has been put in to marketing them, but it's been total silence since the pics of them being interrupted from looking at their shoes.

Remember when loans were generally young guys in need of experience at a lower level and clubs were loathe to let them go anywhere they wouldn't get game time. We now appear to be bringing in players who are not only surplus to requirements at their parent clubs, but here as well. 

The fact Foley and Nolan have never been mentioned makes me wonder. I get not giving all the info to our opposition but signing player in our current budget for them no able to make a 9 man bench is weird, if not fit then let us know.

Im not exoecting medical records but progress reports would be good