Season 2020’21: Game 29: St Johnstone (H)

Andy_P

33 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

If that is the case, and im not saying its not, then surely the solution is to move Watt back to what should be the tip of the diamond position. Let him play the turnbull role. He is the only one that can take a touch and create, to be honest the only one with vision. He doesnt score anyway so pulling him back a bit doesnt sacrafice anything

Exactly this. Watt's career stats for goals are surprisingly low. Put him where we're crying out for exactly what he can provide.

We have very slight points advantage over Killie, Hamilton and Ross County, however, I wouldn’t bet on us taken anything off them when we next meet. Hamilton, and St.Johnstone have already demonstrated how vulnerable we are and on our current form I fear for this team. 

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

It doesn’t have to be reported. The key stakeholders knew.

What does this even mean ? 

I have nothing against you OTF but if I am being critical you are guilty of coming on this forum and giving part answers or hints and often actually telling us nothing. It is clear you are in the know but and I speak for myself it can be quite irritating. 

You have hinted at some discontent with current management and I along with others are totally bemused as what is unfolding re the amount and nature of injuries. To have 18 players unavailable is probably unprecedented in any football club. Thee could be perfectly valid reasons for all of them but something appears to be amiss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orinoco said:

Maybe the poor wee lambs are unhappy at the double training stints and Gallagher situation (given they all seem to be his pals) and have thrown the toys out the pram just like Gannon era.

The amount of player absences either through injury, illness or disappearing acts is crazy.  

In the main its bad luck , we should have bodies returning in time for Wednesday ,who knows , maybe even the  vastly over rated chap you mention ...(not Gannon).

The 4-3-3 needs to ditched and never be seen for the remainder of this season,if we go to paisley and start with it again then I'll have doubts that alexander is the man for us,granted we are ravaged with injuries but it simply wouldn't work even with a full strength side,we can't even try it involving 2 wingers as what we have there aren't good enough.alexander and his coaching team simply have to come up with something,them watching that today has to be the final straw.we really do find ourselves in a mess,a big squad of players and there isn't a formation that really stands out that we would be comfortable playing in.we may scrape by with the odd point here and there and hope the teams below us keep going the way they are but if things really go against us in the next couple of games we are up shit creek,there is zero fight and passion among this current lot,two things that can't be taught.

17 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

yeah cant wait to get the bodies back who have been fuckin shite all season and put us where we are now,

Im with you however the majority on here think we have 2 international superstar defenders and Tony Watt was in with a chance of going to the euros as Scotlands number 9 , despite someone only "surprisingly" finding out today he doesnt score goals

Always been the way on here , Connor Ripley was the next Gordon Banks etc

We did beat Ross County a couple of weeks ago though after giving them a goal of a start and have picked up a few other points so all those who have disgracefuly ran the white flag up already should be aware that we are still favourites to stay up and have a good at least a fighting  chance of doing so.

We are Motherwell, we are Motherwell, we are, we are

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ML1 said:

Im with you however the majority on here think we have 2 international superstar defenders and Tony Watt was in with a chance of going to the euros as Scotlands number 9 , despite someone only "surprisingly" finding out today he doesnt score goals

Always been the way on here , Connor Ripley was the next Gordon Banks etc

We did beat Ross County a couple of weeks ago though after giving them a goal of a start and have picked up a few other points so all those who have disgracefuly ran the white flag up already should be aware that we are still favourites to stay up and have a good at least a fighting  chance of doing so

Ross counties games left 

Celtic H,  St Mirren A, Killie H, Hibs H,  St John A

Hamilton games left 

St John H , Aberdeen A, Livingston A, St Mirren H

Killie games left 

Dundee Utd H,  Ross County A, Motherwell H

Our Piss poor mob

St Mirren A, Hibernian A, Livingston H, Killie A

Killie have the easier run on paper. Ross County hardest. Accies and us about same. Its all going to come down to the bottom 6 head to heads . God help us.

50 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

What does this even mean ? 

I have nothing against you OTF but if I am being critical you are guilty of coming on this forum and giving part answers or hints and often actually telling us nothing. It is clear you are in the know but and I speak for myself it can be quite irritating. 

You have hinted at some discontent with current management and I along with others are totally bemused as what is unfolding re the amount and nature of injuries. To have 18 players unavailable is probably unprecedented in any football club. Thee could be perfectly valid reasons for all of them but something appears to be amiss. 

What does it even mean? Fairly self explanatory...

The club don’t have to release every bit of information do they? The salivating of some for titbits of information is laughable. 

Give the in-the-know stuff a by. There’s plenty information out there without having to dig for it. You’ll get no apology from me if my part answers or hints irritate you. Not for the first time, some news that comes our way can’t always be leaked in the way some do. Offers protection for those who’ve offered it & belies the inaccuracy of plenty that makes it way onto this chat.

I’ve been consistent in my approach with the new management - just not bought into their soundbite. I'm not the only one who has mentioned discontent... Stephen Craigan’s post match comments were pretty telling for me. Certainly aligns with a few things that came our way recently & not from those not being involved. No smoke without fire?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

The club don’t have to release every bit of information do they? The salivating of some for titbits of information is laughable.

Give the in-the-know stuff a by. There’s plenty information out there without having to dig for it. You’ll get no apology from me if my part answers or hints irritate you. Not for the first time, some news that comes our way can’t always be leaked in the way some do. Offers protection for those who’ve offered it & belies the inaccuracy of plenty that makes it way onto this chat.

I’ve been consistent in my approach with the new management - just not bought into their soundbite. I'm not the only one who has mentioned discontent... Stephen Craigan’s post match comments were pretty telling for me. Certainly aligns with a few things that came our way recently & not from those not being involved. No smoke without fire?

In response to an earlier post  , you're older than me :P

11 minutes ago, ML1 said:

That would be me not realising he'd scored so few goals elsewhere. He might be our best player this season, but the idea he was ever in with a chance of making the Euros is ludicrous, and I've never seen anyone on here suggest that. Mibbe you know who came out with that.

As for the other two, they literally are international defenders, but I doubt too many would refer to them as superstars. Apart from the club, and they might no be pushing that patter anymore.

Just now, bobbybingo said:

That would be me not realising he'd scored so few goals elsewhere. He might be our best player this season, but the idea he was ever in with a chance of making the Euros is ludicrous, and I've never seen anyone on here suggest that. Mibbe you know who came out with that.

As for the other two, they literally are international defenders, but I doubt too many would refer to them as superstars. Apart from the club, and they might no be pushing that patter anymore.

Wasnt having a personal dig at you fella . During the post qualification hysteria it was suggested on here that the bold Tony could be the answer to Scotlands goalscoring woes. Gallagher is thought by many as a superstar , not by Celtic who he asked for a dance in January or Dundee United who like him but not enough to put a bid in before the summer , mainly by posters on here who dont realise that his career consists of playing entirely at our level or  below us at the age of 30

2 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Not having that.

We as the fans are essentially owners of the club. I do not expect sensitive information to be shared but the lack of updates on player injuries or circumstances is starting to become infuriating.

It is perhaps understandable we don’t want to share such bad news with the opposition ahead of a game. But this has changed since Robbo left. 

So essentially the key message appears to be that the players are somehow unhappy with the new management team. Alexander seems quite inoffensive to me and so I wonder why that is ?  

I am not asking you to share sensitive information nor would I expect you too. I have been in that position before and rarely if ever posted what I knew on Steelmen Online. But then again nor did I give hints or clues either as I knew it would probably piss people off. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ML1 said:

Wasnt having a personal dig at you fella . During the post qualification hysteria it was suggested on here that the bold Tony could be the answer to Scotlands goalscoring woes. Gallagher is thought by many as a superstar , not by Celtic who he asked for a dance in January or Dundee United who like him but not enough to put a bid in before the summer , mainly by posters on here who dont realise that his career consists of playing entirely at our level or  below us at the age of 30

I’ve never seen a single individual on here describe Gallagher or O’Donnell as “superstars”. It is a fact however that they are both  international  defenders.

3 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I’ve never seen a single individual on here describe Gallagher or O’Donnell as “superstars”. It is a fact however that they are both  international  defenders.

Have a search back and have a look at the values folks were putting on him for the market in January and for Celtic - who told him to do one , he was reading his own press on here methinks.

The one  that sticks with me is a poster comparing him to Alan Hansen , im sure we will agree that Alan Hansen was a genuine superstar ?

5 minutes ago, ML1 said:

Have a search back and have a look at the values folks were putting on him for the market in January and for Celtic - who told him to do one , he was reading his own press on here methinks.

The one  that sticks with me is a poster comparing him to Alan Hansen , im sure we will agree that Alan Hansen was a genuine superstar ?

Why would Celtic tell him "to do one". they'd either make a bid or not and they didnt.  Dont quite get the "told him to do one" angle

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Why would Celtic tell him "to do one". they'd either make a bid or not and they didnt.  Dont quite get the "told him to do one" angle

Its not difficult to work out is it ?

If it helps think of the same agent who leaked and moaned about a contract clause that he himelf stipulated in the first place and has now been instrumental in having ripped up

11 minutes ago, ML1 said:

No hassle. I realised Tony Watt hadn't been banging them in for a while, or he wouldn't have ended up here, but I thought he'd got quite a few for Airdrie. Think I've mixed him up with someone else, just cannae mind the guy's name.

Apart from Kelly, I struggle to see what any of that squad would offer sides at a higher level. A bigger wage is all they could aim for and I'm sure one or two will find that.

3 minutes ago, ML1 said:

Its not difficult to work out is it ?

If it helps think of the same agent who leaked and moaned about a contract clause that he himelf stipulated in the first place and has now been instrumental in having ripped up

I presume you are referring to Gallagher contract extension ?? and you know for a fact its been ripped up?