Season 2020’21: Game 29: St Johnstone (H)

Andy_P

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The contract clause has been removed so he can play now without extending his deal. That is official.

The issue is whether he has burnt his bridges with the club in getting the clause removed. 

I'll state from the outset that I don't know what is going on here. But "hypothetically", why would the club remove the clause to allow him to play but then not play him? 

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'll state from the outset that I don't know what is going on here. But "hypothetically", why would the club remove the clause to allow him to play but then not play him? 

Apparently his new agent challenged the validity of it. 

Bear in mind he was sent for a scan on his hamstring injury and there still isn't any time scale for him to return to the pool. In comparison Campbell is listed as ASAP and Donnelly is listed as March. 

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If he got it changed I wish we were in a position to bench him until he leaves in the summer but sadly with the utter pish at our disposal he will have his cake and eat it.

and watching the RC v Celtic game i get the impression Ross County are going to make our weekend even more miserable.

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Apparently his new agent challenged the validity of it. 

Bear in mind he was sent for a scan on his hamstring injury and there still isn't any time scale for him to return to the pool. In comparison Campbell is listed as ASAP and Donnelly is listed as March. 

Alexander quoted as saying hopefully returning to training tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It was announced at the AGM. 

Was it? None of the reports I've read say that. Not saying the contract being changed isn't true, just that it hasn't been made public. 

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Question to all those who think we will stay up , who are you seeing right now who are as utterly pathetic as us. 

That's easy. Killie. 

8 defeats on the bounce. Scored 2, conceded 16. 

They're shiter than us. 

15 minutes ago, CoF said:

That's easy. Killie. 

8 defeats on the bounce. Scored 2, conceded 16. 

They're shiter than us. 

Im not so sure, Having watched their highlights I don't think they are. They are losing narrowly 1-0 and we were lucky to beat them. Accies and RC have more metal about them that us. I am now convinced after tonight we are this seasons fall guys. I wonder if GA contract is dependent on us staying up. Maybe we should get Gallaghers agent to get us an escape clause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

It was announced at the AGM. 

There was no announcement at the AGM. There was a non-committal, open to interpretation response to a question about Gallagher's contract, but a leap to say to it was official or had been announced.

Some brief chat about contracts stemming from a question on Declan Gallagher.  View from one board member was that in general terms specifics of contracts that appear in the media should largely be taken with a pinch of salt.  They did however say they have made offers to Declan but he is currently keeping his options open.

1 minute ago, Andy_P said:

There was no announcement at the AGM. There was a non-committal, open to interpretation response to a question about Gallagher's contract, but a leap to say to it was official or had been announced.

Fair enough but I've had good info that the clause has been removed.

Just now, steelboy said:

Fair enough but I've had good info that the clause has been removed.

I suspect you might be right, and the considering options ties in with it -i.e. why would you need to consider options if when you next play you are contracted for another year,  but nothing was said confirming that was the case.

42 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Gallagher was a mussel injury that has now changed to a hamstring, looks like the other teams around us have a bit of fight we lack. I'd say we are this seasons Hearts

Spelling mistake aside, what do you think a hamstring is?

• Like 1