Jump to content

Andy_P

Season 2020’21: Game 29: St Johnstone (H)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

 I presume you are referring to Gallagher contract extension ?? and you know for a fact its been ripped up?

We will wall wait and see wont we

 

Dont worry i wont come back and say i told you so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ML1 said:

We will wall wait and see wont we

 

Dont worry i wont come back and say i told you so

You can say I told you so if you like but if you know for a fact its been ripped up why not just say so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

You can say I told you so if you like but if you know for a fact its been ripped up why not just say so.

I thought i did a few posts back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ML1 said:

I thought i did a few posts back 

Well no many on this site post an "apparent" fact and turns out to be  utter bollocks however as you've confirmed you know for a fact its been ripped up I'll take it as such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he plays on Weds or next week onwards then dissapears at the end of the season or accepts a wage rise for a new 2/3 year deal you can judge , dont take my word for it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ML1 said:

When he plays on Weds or next week onwards then dissapears at the end of the season or accepts a wage rise for a new 2/3 year deal you can judge , dont take my word for it ;)

You said you know for a fact and I have no reason to doubt you so i'll take your word for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

What does it even mean? Fairly self explanatory...

The club don’t have to release every bit of information do they? The salivating of some for titbits of information is laughable. 

Give the in-the-know stuff a by. There’s plenty information out there without having to dig for it. You’ll get no apology from me if my part answers or hints irritate you. Not for the first time, some news that comes our way can’t always be leaked in the way some do. Offers protection for those who’ve offered it & belies the inaccuracy of plenty that makes it way onto this chat.

I’ve been consistent in my approach with the new management - just not bought into their soundbite. I'm not the only one who has mentioned discontent... Stephen Craigan’s post match comments were pretty telling for me. Certainly aligns with a few things that came our way recently & not from those not being involved. No smoke without fire?

Its February and we are only a handful of points away from the bottom. It really shouldnt matter what the players, Craigan, you, or whoever 'we' are think of the manager. These fannies need to roll their sleeves up and play for their own proffesional pride and careers.

Im not ITK, no idea if GA is good or bad, but now isnt the time for fucking about. Craigan rightly or wrongly tried that before with Gannon but at least it was early in the season. We cant afford to have them spit the dummy and if they do, every single one of them should be shown the door at the end of the season regardless of what we do with the manager.

Its time for them all to man up!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been apparent since the start of the season that something's been going on in the dressing room.

My view is that GA has come in and tried to sort it with some success but not enough to sort it completely so you have to ask yourself what exactly is the problem.

Even his body language on the touchline tells a story now.

GA has inherited a clusterfuck by the sound of things and I for one can't wait till next season when he's brought his own players in and hopefully still in the top division.

In saying that I think he's made a few mistakes in formation but that might be down to the players he's had available and can trust to do a job  rather than being a bad coach. He's also still to get to grips with the Scottish game which must be completely different to what he's been used to.

My only worry is that if the players brought in January are his call then I would be a bit worried about the calibre of player he can attract in the summer but in saying that that might have been all that was available in our price range so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then again it might not even have been all his doing.

Resigned to the fact that our fate will come down to what we do after the split when hopefully we've got our injuries/ sickness issues resolved

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Its February and we are only a handful of points away from the bottom. It really shouldnt matter what the players, Craigan, you, or whoever 'we' are think of the manager. These fannies need to roll their sleeves up and play for their own proffesional pride and careers.

Im not ITK, no idea if GA is good or bad, but now isnt the time for fucking about. Craigan rightly or wrongly tried that before with Gannon but at least it was early in the season. We cant afford to have them spit the dummy and if they do, every single one of them should be shown the door at the end of the season regardless of what we do with the manager.

Its time for them all to man up!

Glad you got that off your chest.

Been time for them to man up all season & it’s yet to happen. Time will tell...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

What does this even mean ? 

I have nothing against you OTF but if I am being critical you are guilty of coming on this forum and giving part answers or hints and often actually telling us nothing. It is clear you are in the know but and I speak for myself it can be quite irritating. 

You have hinted at some discontent with current management and I along with others are totally bemused as what is unfolding re the amount and nature of injuries. To have 18 players unavailable is probably unprecedented in any football club. Thee could be perfectly valid reasons for all of them but something appears to be amiss. 

 

 

 

otf....I know something you dont.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

What does it even mean? Fairly self explanatory...

The club don’t have to release every bit of information do they? The salivating of some for titbits of information is laughable. 

Give the in-the-know stuff a by. There’s plenty information out there without having to dig for it. You’ll get no apology from me if my part answers or hints irritate you. Not for the first time, some news that comes our way can’t always be leaked in the way some do. Offers protection for those who’ve offered it & belies the inaccuracy of plenty that makes it way onto this chat.

I’ve been consistent in my approach with the new management - just not bought into their soundbite. I'm not the only one who has mentioned discontent... Stephen Craigan’s post match comments were pretty telling for me. Certainly aligns with a few things that came our way recently & not from those not being involved. No smoke without fire?

oh please tell us what u know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as angry today as I was last Sunday. Think I might have entered the “acceptance” phase of our situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was an utter clusterfuck. Most of it has been covered already, but if there was any doubt to the gravity of our situation, it has certainly been dispelled now.

The manager has been dealt a heavy blow with the number of injuries and suspensions he has had to deal with, and I would be very disappointed if the players have downed tools because he is trying to implement higher standards in training etc as seems to be being inferred, however he didnt help himself yesterday with his formation.

The 4-3-3 has left our midfield being overun week after week already, so to employ it again with a severely weakened back 4 was just suicide. 

There are already question marks being raised regarding the way we defend ( or dont as the case may be) the wide areas, and the goal kick set plays, if he lines up with the same formation on Wednesday night demonstrating he hasnt learned anything from the last 2 games, he is going to start raising serious questions as to whether he is the man for the job.

I really want him to be a success, and I believe if he can get to the summer with us still in the Premiership, then we may see a very different squad next season and the real Graham Alexander. However, he has to earn the right to rebuild this team by keeping us in the topflight.

Time to face reality. We are in a relegation battle. We need to get hard to beat and win ugly if required. But just win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, santheman said:

It's been apparent since the start of the season that something's been going on in the dressing room.............GA has inherited a clusterfuck by the sound of things........ He's also still to get to grips with the Scottish game which must be completely different to what he's been used to..................My only worry is that if the players brought in January are his call then I would be a bit worried about the calibre of player he can attract in the summer but in saying that that might have been all that was available in our price range so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then again it might not even have been all his doing...........Resigned to the fact that our fate will come down to what we do after the split when hopefully we've got our injuries/ sickness issues resolved

 

I've been getting vibes that things have not been right off the pitch, but who knows. At the start of the season, we looked to be strong, on paper at least but it hasn't turned out that way. For one thing our  injury/illness list has been historically horrendous. If GA has still to get to grips with the Scottish game then that worries me, as everyone and their dog knew when he was appointed that time wasn't on our side. He had to hit the ground running. Our January signings haven't worked out so far but I doubt they were all his, but who knows?

You're right about our fate. Yes we must go out to win every game, in the most effective way possible, but being realistic our aim should be to stay in touch, or better, keep above Accies, Kilmarnock and Ross County. If we do then there's all to play for after the split when things will be decided. By then hopefully, some injured players will have returned, although there will still be other outstanding issues to be resolved at a later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the appointment of Alexander it was a far bigger risk than choosing Wright for obvious reasons but one that maybe created a little more excitement. My choice would have been Wright given his experience and the fact we needed someone to hit the ground running but I also understand people were put off by his dour reputation. He’s obviously still not won a game yet at Killy but I do wonder if the board could make the same decision again if they would make the same one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The situation with Gallagher highlights one of the biggest problems we've had this season, a complete lack of leadership on and off the pitch. I know Hartley was probably finished at our level and making mistakes that cost us goals (the first half of the St Mirren Cup game leaps to mind)  and that it was probably the right time for him to leave. Having said that, we could really have done with a captain that could bring some leadership to the team on the pitch this season.  We have lacked it all over the park.

Gallagher hasn't shown he has that on the pitch and this whole contract nonsense (if true, and I have no reason to doubt ML1's info) has shown a total disregard for the club. Dont know the guy and have no contacts within the club, but it appears that his run in the Scotland team has given him a bit of a Billy Bigbaws attitude, happy to sit out games when he is needed most just to so he can breach a contract that he was happy to sign in 2019.

I occasionally glance through Burrows Twitter account to see if he has provided a reply to someone on potential signings or injury updates. If I was in his position I would be raging about the Club Captain taking the stance he has, instead he's posting 'Congrats Deccy, your wee boy is a cracker' style tweets. Time to start playing hardball and revealing what's really going on rather than trying to be his best pal. If he isn't playing for contract reasons then we need to be honest publicly, I'm sure it will give Gallagher's potential suitors food for thought, maybe Steve Clarke too if he doesn't play again this season to force a summer move. Not sure that will do his chances of playing in the Euros much good tbh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst acknowledging the team was decimated by injury, illness and whatever else, that performance was quite something yesterday. If Alexander wasn’t just in the door, you’d be thinking the writing was on the wall. 

The players that don’t appear to give a shit are obviously the biggest culprits this season but what the hell were we doing in January with this glut of signings that are nowhere to be seen? It worries me that the squad is almost as bloated now during a pandemic as it was when Les was throwing money at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres been lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth here, but a genuine question, who would you play instead?

We CANNOT play 4-4-2 because we have 1 competent winger at the club in Lawless and he is crocked! AND that would mean a combo of Campbell / Polworth / Maguire / O'Hara / Crawford in the middle. The whole reason we play 3 in centre mid is to give an extra man as protection, imagine our midfield with only 2 of those! And the diamond just gives the opposition even more free reign to slaughter us down the wings by making us even narrower.

The best answer for me for the rest of the season is 3-5-2 with Watt & Cole as a team up front. But could we do that yesterday? Do we have enough defenders to do that at all? 

Questions need to be asked of the January signings. It is unacceptable to just go for the "fling enough shite at the wall and some will stick" tactic. IF it was Alexanders recruitment, he needs fucking hammered. If it is the fabled worlds greatest scout Foyle, he needs sacked immediately.

Same with Gallagher. If he has indeed been playing the cunt with this contract renewal, I would sack him right now for gross misconduct, and assasinate him in the media. Let the cunt live for 4 months with fuck all and kill any chance he has of the Euros. We cant afford to be this cuddly wee club thats everybodys pal.

There is poison running through the veins of this club, and while Graham Alexander isnt completely blameless, you can only piss with the cock youve got! He gets us to the end of the season and its job done, I dont care if its by 1 point or 1 goal. Then we reset in the summer and see how he really is

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think GA will turn it round but needs to clear out those that clearly dont want to be at club.   His post match interview was fine with me apart from fact he thought Magloire had a good game.....that I find incredibly scary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 4 first team coaches who thought that sitting a weakened 3 man midfield in front of an inexperienced back 4 would provide any sort of protection or indeed a presence in the game.

We won nothing in the middle, every clearance was into space or to an opposition player and invited more of the onslaught. 
Was the unavailability of players new news or was there time for planning because it looked like the tactics were same again boys.

As uninspiring as the football was the arms and legs of the Gallagher chronicles are riveting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I think GA will turn it round but needs to clear out those that clearly dont want to be at club.   His post match interview was fine with me apart from fact he thought Magloire had a good game.....that I find incredibly scary

I haven’t brought myself to listen to it but I would expect words of encouragement for a new boy making his first start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ropy said:

I haven’t brought myself to listen to it but I would expect words of encouragement for a new boy making his first start.

I didn’t think the boy had a terrible  game either....who would have looked any good in that team yesterday...comes down to fine margins even when being dominated like we were.

Carrol wins tackle for first goal...Polworth doesn’t put a stupid lazy tackle for third.....second goal , can’t even be bothered thinking how we should dealt with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Yesterday was an utter clusterfuck. Most of it has been covered already, but if there was any doubt to the gravity of our situation, it has certainly been dispelled now.

The manager has been dealt a heavy blow with the number of injuries and suspensions he has had to deal with, and I would be very disappointed if the players have downed tools because he is trying to implement higher standards in training etc as seems to be being inferred, however he didnt help himself yesterday with his formation.

The 4-3-3 has left our midfield being overun week after week already, so to employ it again with a severely weakened back 4 was just suicide. 

There are already question marks being raised regarding the way we defend ( or dont as the case may be) the wide areas, and the goal kick set plays, if he lines up with the same formation on Wednesday night demonstrating he hasnt learned anything from the last 2 games, he is going to start raising serious questions as to whether he is the man for the job.

I really want him to be a success, and I believe if he can get to the summer with us still in the Premiership, then we may see a very different squad next season and the real Graham Alexander. However, he has to earn the right to rebuild this team by keeping us in the topflight.

Time to face reality. We are in a relegation battle. We need to get hard to beat and win ugly if required. But just win.

If it’s said often enough about unrest in dressing room because of trying to up the ante in training, then it will become fact.It may or may not be true. 

Maybe naive but I think most professionals would be happy to improve, if things are being done for right reasons. Money and bonuses also motivate...Personally if there are any who don’t want to improve then they can bugger off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ropy said:

There are 4 first team coaches who thought that sitting a weakened 3 man midfield in front of an inexperienced back 4 would provide any sort of protection or indeed a presence in the game.

We won nothing in the middle, every clearance was into space or to an opposition player and invited more of the onslaught. 
Was the unavailability of players new news or was there time for planning because it looked like the tactics were same again boys.

As uninspiring as the football was the arms and legs of the Gallagher chronicles are riveting.

Also didn’t help that every ball that we managed to play forward to Cole ( not many ) bounced of him and came straight back at us ……… never held the ball up once in the whole game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×