Run in to the split - Predictions

Goggles & Flippers

On 2/18/2021 at 12:49 AM, Motherwell Daft said:

GA has definitely improved the Well since his arrival, however Saturdays absolute shitfest surely can’t happen again but I e been a Motherwell fan long enough to expect the worst but I’d expect a good few changes, GA alluded to it in his post match interview about choosing the wrong team, I think those that want away Campbell, Polworth, Long, SOD n Gallaghe (if fit) have to start performing to get their best move, I’m sure GA will tell them as much, I’d say we will get 10 pts out of 15 starting with a victory against Saints, draw against the Midden, close loss against Hibs, victory against Livvi who’s bubble has burst but their safe so no pressure,  n a victory against Killie, never mind top 6 just get as far away from the bottom 2 n be safe for GA to rejig the squad for next season. CMYW!!!!!!

Well that’s my predictions shot to bits...

20 minutes ago, mfc said:

The confidence must be completely shot after today and last week and add in the injury list,it's hard to see where points will come from,there's currently 3 teams worse than us but must really fancy there chances of catching us.

I'd argue only an eejit playing in that team would look back over the past two games. We had our arses handed to us at Rugby Park and got out with a stolen win. 

8 hours ago, milo said:

Need to wait and see. I seriously hope I’m wrong with my points gained prediction but the growing injury list has only lessened our chances of the required haul. 

I'm now firmly on board with your original view that is indeed easily possible we could go six on the bounce without collecting a point.

Was reading this earlier today What do struggling clubs need to stay up. It reckons 32 points is the average points required to avoid finish 11th in recent seasons. Used to be 35.

If that's the case where do we see 4 points coming from?

At this time, I can't see us scoring 4 goals during the games that are left let alone get 4 points.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

I'm now firmly on board with your original view that is indeed easily possible we could go six on the bounce without collecting a point.

All depends on injuries and illness. If we get O’Donnell, Gallagher, Ohara and Campbell back pronto, then I think we’ll stumble to safety. Without them the 25/1 on us finishing bottom looks a good bet, sadly.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:27 PM, Well-Made said:

Was reading this earlier today What do struggling clubs need to stay up. It reckons 32 points is the average points required to avoid finish 11th in recent seasons. Used to be 35.

If that's the case where do we see 4 points coming from?

At this time, I can't see us scoring 4 goals during the games that are left let alone get 4 points.

That article makes for interesting reading but I can't really see that a win and a draw this far out from the end of the season can ensure safety. 

Assuming it is, it is hard to see where the four points will come from pre-split. 

Tommy Wright will have Kilmarnock in better shape by the time we play them again, Hibs are going well as are St Mirren and Livi. In football though results can come from nowhere and sometimes when you least expect it. Who would have thought Accies would have beat us 4-1 last week? 

So a win mid-week is by no means impossible and one win, whenever it comes between now and the end of the season would go a long way to ensuring safety.  So the question for me is will we get one win between now and the split regardless of who it is against? 

Sadly I think not. There is just too much wrong at the moment to see a change in fortune any time soon. 

I think we will be looking at a couple of very tense post split head to heads to see us over the line. I have only just recovered from the Rangers play-off drama. I am not looking forward to going through it all again. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Looks like we're going to have to keep ourselves up since no one is going to do it for us, which is incredibly inconvenient. 

Never rely on other teams winning or losing as they will always do the opposite to what you require. It’s in our hands, unfortunately they are currently very shaky hands. 

32 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

That's a devastating result tonight.

We now desperately need at least one win and one draw before the split, and for County and Accies to get humped a few times.

Devastating is a bit dramatic, a Celtic win was what we wanted but hey ho. Survival is still completely in our own hands as we will be playing Accies, RC and Killie again, so no need for hysteria or pant wetting right now 

18 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Devastating is a bit dramatic, a Celtic win was what we wanted but hey ho. Survival is still completely in our own hands as we will be playing Accies, RC and Killie again, so no need for hysteria or pant wetting right now 

It's the incontinent incompetents on the park you're needing to have a word with. I'm no sure when a fans forum ever relegated a club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Devastating is exactly what it is. It's in our own hands, but you'd expect Celtic to pump Ross County every time.

The fact they've taken 3 points from a game they should be taking 0 from is pretty devastating, especially given how pish we are. If teams around us start pulling out wins like that and we are managing one shot on goal at home to St Johnstone it's time to start worrying.

• Like 1