Run in to the split - Predictions

Goggles & Flippers

Tremendous victory today.......but still a long way to go....next couple of games are massive for us 

Accies v St Johnstone on Wednesday night uses up one of the games in hand they have against us....home win drags St J right in to the mix hopefully a draw/away win

Ross County v Killie next Saturday really is a must win for both .....again a draw wouldn’t be the worst for us,

Accies away to sheep hopefully home win, and St J are at home to Hibs again away win would probably best for us

Again a home victory next week against Livy would be a massive victory in our quest for survival, without hoping on other results 

re post split fixtures.......we will have played 16 home and 17 away....think St Midden will pip Arabs for the top 6 as Arabs have Celtic/ Aberdeen 

Going by fixtures already played should be away to  Arabs , Accies,St John and at home to Killie and Ross County........are we going to have more away games or have someone 3 times at home ?

13 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

This is the best season to get more away games than home games with the split, certainly in terms of lost revenue but I'm guessing also in terms of points gained.

Am I just imagining it or is our away record much better than our home record?

12 points gained at home 20 away (1 extra away game played)

• Thanks 1

Even with crowds, we were the only Premiership team last season to average more points away from home than at home.

Due in no small part, I'm sure, to the fact we are much better at counterattacking than we are breaking down teams that sit in.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:08 AM, Big Wispy Flossy said:

12 points gained at home 20 away (1 extra away game played)

On 2/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

At home scored 13  lost 28......away  scored 15 lost 18....let’s play more away games 

Does that contribute to the general doom and gloom of the fan base as I'm assuming more are watching the home games with their season tickets than away streams.

Okay its not been a great season (horrible at times) but on papers it's not been as bad as some are making out.

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

Does that contribute to the general doom and gloom of the fan base as I'm assuming more are watching the home games with their season tickets than away streams.

Okay its not been a great season (horrible at times) but on paper it's not been as bad as some are making out.

on paper it can stay - on the eyes it's been god damn horrible - other than perhaps a handful of games.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

What do we want to see from St Johnstone and  Accies tonight ?

Would a draw suit us best ??

I'd still go for a St Johnstone win. I'd rather chase them down than have Accies 3 points closer to us, given they'll be rubbing their paws at the thought of our next meeting.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

I'd still go for a St Johnstone win. I'd rather chase them down than have Accies 3 points closer to us, given they'll be rubbing their paws at the thought of our next meeting.

Good point. Anyone who thinks our club TV commentary is bad should tune into Hamilton's stream :-)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

6 of their players yellow carded. A taste of what's in store for us come Saturday?

Probably. They are brutal to watch. I am going to regret saying this but how they went on that long undefeated run is perplexing based on tonite. 

Granted they were playing Rangers. But not one shot on target and virtually every ball was blootered long and of course let us not forget their long throw every time they have a shy within 9 miles of the goal.

What you do get is 11 (overly) committed players that press high up and give you no peace. As long as we are prepared for that we should be OK. I suspect Gallacher will come in for Magloire. So both him and Lamie will have to earn their wages come 3pm on Sat. 

Is Crawford eligible to play ? If so you could have 4 ex Livi players in Lamie, Gallacher, Crawford and Lawless playing at some point.