St Mirren 0 - Dundee United 1

Bottom six final  standings:
Motherwell - 47pts
Dundee United  - 45pts
Ross County - 42pts
St Mirren - 41pts
Kilmarnock - 36pts
Hamilton - 29pts

I'd be willing to lose in that last round of fixtures to see County push Saints into tenth..

42 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Am I the only one that would like Accies to stay up. Fuck that trek to Dingwall, get Ross County tae fuck.

You could have them both go down in the play off winner can muster more than we have in 3 attempts against Accies this season.

Hearts are walking it so the ideal scenario out who's left for me is Dundee or Dunfermline, Tayside wins on potential visiting fan revenue Dunfermline for a nice day out, not too far.

Killie yes have a plastic pitch but I think they bring more as a club to the league than they take. County deserve to go for Big Roy's breaking of financial fair play for years and Accies, everything is unmemorable apart from proximity.

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Am I the only one that would like Accies to stay up. Fuck that trek to Dingwall, get Ross County tae fuck.

Nah I agree with you. I know it's not a "real derby" etc but folk are lying to themselves if they don't feel a bit more needle and sense of occasion at New Douglas Park than they do away to Killie or Ross County.

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Probably, they are a shitey club with no fans, shithole of a stadium, and one of the worst pitches in Scotland, they bring nothing to the premiership, so the sooner they are back in the lower leagues the better.

The dream finish to the season for me is Accies finishing in 12th and Killie in 11th and getting g pumped in the playoff, gets rid of 2 shit pitches at once. Oh and Ross County is a good away day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Nah I agree with you. I know it's not a "real derby" etc but folk are lying to themselves if they don't feel a bit more needle and sense of occasion at New Douglas Park than they do away to Killie or Ross County.

Hearts are coming up though, and that is much more of rivalry.

And I always enjoyed my trips to watch Raith Rovers and Dunfermline more than I did to watch Accies.

(More importantly, I just was as few plastic surfaces in the league as possible).

1 hour ago, Yassin said:

Living in Ayrshire and working with a shitload of Killie fans, I will take Rugby Park anyday. Its a great day out (when we win!)  :P

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Hearts are coming up though, and that is much more of rivalry.

On our end maybe- even then probably only then folk of a certain generation- I don't think Hearts fans give a fuck about us particularly. It's nice to feel a bit of requited hatred at Accies.

34 minutes ago, Yassin said:

On our end maybe- even then probably only then folk of a certain generation- I don't think Hearts fans give a fuck about us particularly. It's nice to feel a bit of requited hatred at Accies.

From who, auld Davie and his dug from Silvertonhill and that wee female casual from the documentary?

11 hours ago, Yassin said:

It's never been a Derby, up until this recent spell in the premiership they were never in the same league as us, we only ever played them in in the Lanarkshire Cup when that still ran and the occasional Scottish or league cup game.

You need to be an explorer to find an accies fan, anytime we are at the cannabis stadium or whatever its called we outnumber them about 10 to 1,, the same when they are at Fir park, no fans.

So all this derby and feeling a bit more needle talk is pish,  when they get relegated they will  be the same as Airdrie, and Albion Rovers, ie another shitey wee Lanarkshire side wishing they were as well run, well supported,  and as good as the best team in the county ie us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Still not buying that people would rather go to Rugby Park or Paisley on New Year's Day than Accies.

I'd rather be dragged round the Sainsbury's next door with the wife than go to Accies, New Year's Day or otherwise.

• Like 1

Been following the mighty WELL for close on 65 years and the local derby for me and it always will be is Airdrie 

For those on here who have never been to a game at the old Broomfield don’t know what they have missed 

A real football stadium and the atmosphere at a New Years game was electric.

Many a time been ambushed by Section B going over the bridge on our way to the away end ……… Magic memories getting waved into them.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Been following the mighty WELL for close on 65 years and the local derby for me and it always will be is Airdrie 

For those on here who have never been to a game at the old Broomfield don’t know what they have missed 

Many a time been ambushed by Section B going over the bridge on our way to the away end ……… Magic memories getting waved into them.

I'm with you on that Brother.

Remember being ambushed at Chapelhall one year when the buses were on strike and we had to walk it there and back from Motherwell.

The young guns don't know what they've missed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Aye, been there as well,  we used to sing a nice wee song about section B  w... w... w... never had any entertainment like that with the wee fuds that pass for Accies fans. :no:

6 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Have to agree. The bonus in the Broomfield main stand was hearing the abuse the Airdrie players got from their own "supporters", like the game Mark Cowan offered a square go in the car park to some annoying wee deeb in red and white who disappeared before full time.

On 2/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, weeyin said:

I still have no doubt we'll stay up.

I think we'll maintain a decent gap above relegation and play-off before the split and increase that gap post-split.

The only wildcard for me right now is the injury situation.

Here was my prediction back in Feb.

So far, so good.