Run in to the split - Predictions

Goggles & Flippers

On 3/13/2021 at 5:16 PM, ropy said:

I would like to see Hamilton get a draw (not much damage to us) and St Johnstone to win.  This would leave St Mirren in the bottom six and give us a chance to finish above them as we have done every season since 1989.

Is this happening?

44 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'd rather we just win our next two and Killie and Accies are in the relegation spots.

I don't want accies ending up in the playoff spot as they would  probably beat the championship team, Dundee. Raith or Dunfermline,  so here's hoping they finish in 12th .

As long as we get shot of atleast one plastic pitch that will be a bonus.ive watched a few games from the championship this season and I think whoever ends up in the play off spot from the premiership will comfortably win it over two legs.i think accies will go down and lafferty to do the business in the play offs to keep killie up.

3 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

If we beat United then anything other than a St mirren win means we definitely finish 7th 

I don't think that's right,  a win for us puts us on 47pts and a draw for them gives them 44, they have a better GD so a loss for us and a win for them in the last round puts them 7th.

Accies will stay up, we've seen this all before.  I think killie are in serious trouble though. County and Accies are that bit more scrappy and desperate. 

The possibility of finishing 7th with largely the same squad that had us in serious relegation trouble, over a team that the media has raved about for some reason,  is crazy.  Who knows whether Robinson could have got us out of that mess, but fair play to Alexander, Kelly, and Tommy f'n Wright.

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Accies will stay up, we've seen this all before.  I think killie are in serious trouble though. County and Accies are that bit more scrappy and desperate. 

The possibility of finishing 7th with largely the same squad that had us in serious relegation trouble, over a team that the media has raved about for some reason,  is crazy.  Who knows whether Robinson could have got us out of that mess, but fair play to Alexander, Kelly, and Tommy f'n Wright.

I wish we got shot of Robinson sooner tbh good chance we would be in the top six right now it was about 6 weeks too late.

The progress of this team apart from a few blips has been incredible.I honestly thought this was us our time for the drop has come.We didn't look like we had a fight in us.

2 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

I've little against Killie apart from a late Ross Mathie diving header to put us out the cup  c. 1970, when the Whitbread and Guinness flagons were a-flying, but plastic pitches are an abomination.

Maybe a year or two out the top flight will allow them to take a couple of rows of seats out and leave room so that my knees aren’t scraped.  Get them down for that alone.

• Like 1

I'd heard he went to Dalziel HS but didn't know if that was true.

What with all our missed chances, the terracing violence,  the "robust" tackling and the lateness of Mathie's goal, I was really down when  I got home.  Credit to my Accies-supporting Dear Old Dad who didn't rub the defeat in but patiently listened to my litany of complaints and then simply said, "That's fitba', son."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

I'd heard he went to Dalziel HS but didn't know if that was true.

What with all our missed chances, the terracing violence,  the "robust" tackling and the lateness of Mathie's goal, I was really down when  I got home.  Credit to my Accies-supporting Dear Old Dad who didn't rub the defeat in but patiently listened to my litany of complaints and then simply said, "That's fitba', son."

Ha ha. That puts me in my mind of my old dear who without fail after getting her text update about the latest  Cup defeat would without fail respond... "There's always next year". 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Ha ha. That puts me in my mind of my old dear who without fail after getting her text update about the latest  Cup defeat would without fail respond... "There's always next year". 

Sounds like our parents could have had a healthy living on Sky Sports producing Graham Souness/Micah Richards-style comments of  great insight and profundity :D.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...