Relegation, how bad would it be?

Spiderpig

Based on what I've seen this season ..... and here is the caveat ..... with what resources Alexander has at his disposal from now till game 38, I'd suggest that O'Hara would be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Many others have been guilty of malevolence and hiding but I'd say he's not in that camp for me. Many players have technical or decision making deficiencies, that's why they're with us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If you dont mind me asking, what are battling qualities if its not "getting stuck in"? 

Are you seriously saying having O'Hara available on Saturday with all the players we have out would not have improved our chances? Whether it be playing him at centre back or in midfield it would undoubtedly provided us with more bite than we had, particularly with the absence of Campbell at the same time.

These guys may not be having good seasons, but by god we miss them when they arent available.

Im not saying for a minute its about individual players, but all these little things are what makes the difference to the collective.

GA needs to find out who are the players he can trust and get them all on the field in whatever formation will work and stop us being so easy to beat.

I work on the ‘don’t let appearances fool you as there’s always only one reality’.

You’ve mentioned one game. His efforts in others were way below what was asked of him. Another swayed by an ability to cover a bit of ground & not do a lot. I’d doubt he’d even feature were Donnelly fit and capable.

Are you seriously saying having O'Hara available on Saturday with all the players we had  out would have improved our chances? Certainly not with the formation played. That has little to do with any bite as you put it.

By your own admission Alexander has to find out who are the players he can trust. My hope is he has sussed out using a sizeable amount of our budget on a so called utility player who doesn’t fit much utility into his game is folly.

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

A poor one. Reasons given elsewhere. His inclusion for me is symptomatic of poor recruitment last summer.

I’m not sure he’d make the first team of many in the same 

Everyone sees things differently and everyone is entitled to an opinion . There are plenty who disagree with your opinion regarding O Hara but whilst not the best player in the squad he is by no means the worst.  Your personal  dislike of the guy is plain to see and I was thinking that he may have shagged your bird in the past , but I would have him in the team as part of a back three.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, well_said said:

Everyone sees things differently and everyone is entitled to an opinion . There are plenty who disagree with your opinion regarding O Hara but whilst not the best player in the squad he is by no means the worst.  Your personal  dislike of the guy is plain to see and I was thinking that he may have shagged your bird in the past , but I would have him in the team as part of a back three.

Well, bit personal that. Thanks for offering little to the debate, glad you aren’t on our coaching staff.

IMO he is a player that slows the play down too much when played in our midfield, his first thought is to pass back, sideways is that what he's been told to do or his style of play? I'd say on what I've seen from him and the way he plays in our midfield he would be more suited to defence. In saying that i'd like to see him playing much more forward perhaps behind the strikers, i feel that he can strike a good ball and if he could make runs into the box i think he could score goals, i don't know what make me think that its just a feeling.

3 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

IMO he is a player that slows the play down too much when played in our midfield, his first thought is to pass back, sideways is that what he's been told to do or his style of play? I'd say on what I've seen from him and the way he plays in our midfield he would be more suited to defence. In saying that i'd like to see him playing much more forward perhaps behind the strikers, i feel that he can strike a good ball and if he could make runs into the box i think he could score goals, i don't know what make me think that its just a feeling.

Think back to the St Midden Scottish Cup game last season. Done exactly what you've just described. Got subbed and we fell apart 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, weeyin said:

I still have no doubt we'll stay up.

I think we'll maintain a decent gap above relegation and play-off before the split and increase that gap post-split.

The only wildcard for me right now is the injury situation.

So far, so good.

I say one thing we are going in the right direction and the board took a massive risk with Alexander.I have been really impressed with the way he goes about things we were on our knees a team with the confidence booted out them and now  heading upwards to safety.

Alexander and our club seem to fit hand and hand least he will be at a club with a board that won't sack him for being in the top half of the table like his previous job.

Onwards and upwards to official safety looking forward to next season when we do.

32 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Given we most certainly won’t be getting relegated it’s all a bit irrelevant now.          

Need a few more points yet to be certain.

If Accies and Ross County win their games in hand next weekend they’ll be both be uncomfortably close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milo said:

Need a few more points yet to be certain.

If Accies and Ross County win their games in hand next weekend they’ll be both be uncomfortably close. 

I honestly never thought we would be relegated, too much quality in the squad for me ( the crazy injury list obviously had an effect though). 

13 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

I think relegation would be absolutely devastating. For Accies and Killie

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think killie would suffer more if it happens,  Accies are a premiership club in name only, shit stadium, shit pitch, hardly any fans, perennial strugglers, they bring nothing to the top league, so dropping down to the championship would really not bother them.

27 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Looking at yesterday’s and today’s scenes at Ibrox I’m glad we’re not in the bottom 2 positions, as we may have just seen the last game of this season.....

It’s wild where I am in Glasgow as I’m based not too far from Ibrox. More fireworks than Guy Fawkes night. :help:

24 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Looking at yesterday’s and today’s scenes at Ibrox I’m glad we’re not in the bottom 2 positions, as we may have just seen the last game of this season.....

The police are standing watching them blatantly breaking current  legislation and doing feck all, so no change there its a disgrace. I don't think it will affect the rest of the season, but I am sure UEFA are watching and Scotlands chances of playing in the Euros at home in front of the Tartan army are probably fading fast.

I'm more worried about us not getting to host the euros now. I think the league will be fine.

Not sure what the cops could have done yesterday other than maybe being prepared ahead of time, but that just shows that we probably aren't ready to have big international games with fans in the ground. It's a real shame when we can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this shit.