Relegation, how bad would it be?

Spiderpig

6 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Looks like the marching season has started early, it's a feckin national disgrace that the police are not only allowing that but assisting blatant law breakers with an illegal unsanctioned parade.

Others will look at that and say why should I bother with the lockdown rules when that mob don't, lives may be lost due to that shite we have seen today.

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Looks like the marching season has started early, it's a feckin national disgrace that the police are not only allowing that but assisting blatant law breakers with an illegal unsanctioned parade.

Others will look at that and say why should I bother with the lockdown rules when that mob don't, lives may be lost due to that shite we have seen today.

Yeh, completely undermines the public health message, but in those numbers I’m not sure what the police can do without avoiding a full scale riot scenario.

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I’ve not seen my sisters since Christmas 2019 due to Covid. I think I’m just going to say fuck it and drive from Glasgow to Forth. The police/government obviously don’t give a shit. The games a bogey. 

• Like 1

Just now, couttsy said:

Yeh, completely undermines the public health message, but in those numbers I’m not sure what the police can do without avoiding a full scale riot scenario.

Doing the job they are paid  for ie upholding the current law would be a start, they are shitebags, if it was 3 drunk fans singing at closing time there would be vans all over the street and 4 polis for each of them

44 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Spot on,it's a disgrace when you see the police standing by and allowing this lot to do whatever they want at the best of times but seeing this during a lockdown is absolutely sickening,the police in this country are a joke when it comes to the old firm and you can be sure the footballing authorities will do hee haw about it either.the police vans should have been cramped full of bastards and they should have been nicked and maximum fines handed out.

Turn them away from the hospitals is an easy deterrent.

Just for some context (from BBC):

NHS pay-rise demo organiser fined £10,000 in Manchester

Published
3 hours ago
Protester arrested by two police womenIMAGE COPYRIGHTPA MEDIA
image captionA 65-year-old NHS worker attending the demonstration was briefly arrested

The organiser of a protest against the government's controversial 1% pay rise plan for NHS staff in England has been fined £10,000 by police.

About 40 people attended a rally in Manchester city centre at midday, officers said.

Public gatherings are banned by coronavirus rules and police said most demonstrators dispersed after officers asked them to leave.

A woman who works for the NHS, aged 61, was fined for organising the protest.

Another NHS worker, aged 65, was arrested for failing to provide details after initially refusing to leave.

She was de-arrested and fined £200 after complying, police said.

Policeman and protesters seen against backdrop of protest signsIMAGE COPYRIGHTPA MEDIA
image captionThe government's plan has been widely criticised

Supt Caroline Hemingway said that "regardless of one's sympathies for a protest's cause, we would ask the public to maintain social distancing and follow legislation".

"We sought to engage with and peaceably disperse those attending this afternoon's protest, explaining that the gathering was in contravention of government lockdown rules," she added.

"Unfortunately officers were met with a degree of non-compliance and it was therefore necessary to enforce issue fixed penalty notices."

Protesters hold sign outside Downing Street gatesIMAGE COPYRIGHTPA MEDIA
image captionA protest was also held outside Downing Street on Sunday

The government has faced a backlash after giving evidence on Thursday to the NHS pay-review body, which looks at nearly 1.5 million people, including nurses and health assistants - but not doctors, dentists and some senior staff, who have their own pay bodies or agreements.

It suggested a 1% pay rise for 2021-22, citing the "uncertain" financial situation. However inflation forecasts for this year indicate the proposed figure could be a real-terms cut.

The pay-review body will take evidence from other groups, including unions and NHS bodies, before making its recommendation around May.

Glasgow city centre was wild last night. Even if Rangers had came out and said, do not go out and celebrate I very much doubt they would have listened. I wonder how many of these thousands will receive a COVID lockdown fine? My guess is between zero and five. The five is being generous to the Scottish police. However, I see the Northants police have issued £10,000 fine to the organiser of a Corby Rangers Fans group celebration. 

Rangers celebrations.jpg

15 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Glasgow city centre was wild last night. Even if Rangers had came out and said, do not go out and celebrate I very much doubt they would have listened. I wonder how many of these thousands will receive a COVID lockdown fine? My guess is between zero and five. The five is being generous to the Scottish police. However, I see the Northants police have issued £10,000 fine to the organiser of a Corby Rangers Fans group celebration. 

Rangers celebrations.jpg

these individuals should be ashamed of themselves.

Shane on the police for allowing it to happen -  wasn't exactly a surprise. 

38 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Rangers celebrations.jpg

I wonder how many will regret it for the rest of their lives when they contract Covid then pass it on to a relative who dies. One of our ex employees had the whole family round for Christmas, he was the only one not infected and the wife’s mum went on to die. 

Just now, Yorkyred said:

I wonder how many will regret it for the rest of their lives when they contract Covid then pass it on to a relative who dies. One of our ex employees had the whole family round for Christmas, he was the only one not infected and the wife’s mum went on to die. 

I thought all this pish was over last year. How many people died because of Strathy Park or Brighton Beach? Zero. 

You have more chance catching it in a supermarket than outside on the street. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

I thought all this pish was over last year. How many people died because of Strathy Park or Brighton Beach? Zero.

You're much more confident in the Test and Trace shambles than I am.

• Like 1

Just now, weeyin said:

You're much more confident in the Test and Trace shambles than I am.

It's been proven that outdoor transmission is rare and there was a scientist on Channel 4 News a few weeks ago saying there hasn't been a single outbreak linked to a beach anywhere in the world. 

There was no spike after the Liverpool or Leeds celebrations or the recent Super Bowl parade in Tampa FL. 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

That really is complete nonsense even by your standards. You might have more chance of catching it in a supermarket than walking past someone in the street and socially distancing but packed together it’s a totally different thing.  How on earth would you know that not a single person died from a large gathering of individuals, did you go round everyone taking lateral flow tests ?Motorcycle rally in the states last year, huge outbreak, spring break party outside, huge outbreak, I could go on and on. 
This from the CDCP who I think might have a better take on it than you 

The impact of gatherings as a source of virus transmission underscores the importance of reducing the number of attendees at gatherings, using face masks, and encouraging physical distancing to prevent ongoing transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Furthermore, these findings demonstrate the rationale for consistent mitigation measures across states.”

There was no social distancing with many not wearing masks.

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

:doh: have a look at yourself FFS,  thats an outrageous comment, people are dying every day and you are spouting pish like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 6:27 PM, underboyleheating said:

I’ve not seen my sisters since Christmas 2019 due to Covid. I think I’m just going to say fuck it and drive from Glasgow to Forth. The police/government obviously don’t give a shit. The games a bogey. 

I've not seen my girlfriend since 20th December and I think I've seen her maybe 5 or 6 times in the last year.  It's infuriating as these idiots will probably send the R number back up again and further extend lock down.

However I do think the police have a difficult job.  There has to be a trade off between public health and public safety when you have thousands of boozed up cretins around.  

The government however is becoming a bit like the boy that cried wolf.  They keep saying they are going to do something and don't.  They are in a better position to take action than the police are.

24 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The government however is becoming a bit like the boy that cried wolf.  They keep saying they are going to do something and don't.  They are in a better position to take action than the police are.

I understand from an operational policing perspective why virtually no action was taken against the crowd. We've seen this kind of approach to policing gruesome twosome crowds for decades inside stadia. However, by taking different approaches to large and small crowds in the same situation the police risk being seen by the wider public as giving preferential treatment to certain groups. Inconsistent application of the law if you will. Police numbers at the events (yes they were anticipated) were woefully inadequate. Interestingly there were several cases for sectarianism  and an arrest (maybe a secondary issue here), but this has been ignored by the media.

Serious questions need to be asked of the Government and Police Scotland.

Government should just impose ban on first 5 home games for Rangers to punish the fans. While it would hurt the football club, it’s not the club that is being punished. It’s the fans.  Perhaps they can then figure it out between the club and the fans not to have this happen again? 

Rangers fans are fannies 

Anyone gushing at the vagina about them on here who never cared enough to post when it was celtic fans at their protests , their covid cup final, their 8 and a half in a row or St Johnstone fans last week is also a fanny.

Anyone who thinks that should we win the cup there wont be similar scenes here with our fans is definitely a fanny

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ML1 said:

Anyone who thinks that should we win the cup there wont be similar scenes here with our fans is definitely a fanny

The current pandemic will be ancient history before we win a cup, so it probably won't be an issue by then.

But if you think breaking lockdown rules, potentially spreading a deadly virus, trashing public property, and showing no respect for people's health is OK then add your own name to the list of Fannies:nod:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The current pandemic will be ancient history before we win a cup, so it probably won't be an issue by then.

But if you think breaking lockdown rules, potentially spreading a deadly virus, trashing public property, and showing no respect for people's health is OK then add your own name to the list of Fannies:nod:

I never said it was ok in fact i only went and offered my opinion on them in the first 4 words of the post 

The frothing at the mouth , keyboard thumping and faux outrage by some who didnt give two hoots when other sets of fans were doing it, as recently as last week isnt very convincing though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1