Season 2020’21: Game 31: Hibernian (A)

Andy_P

12 minutes ago, smiddy said:

if xmas would come in april it would be to go to the cannabis plant stadium    feck yaccies 1-0  and the 3 points keep us up and the 0 points means there doon  

aaahhhh what an april xmas that would be        c what one win does for my imagination hahahah

No thanks, I don't mind going there knowing a win would relegate them, but not needing the win to stay up. :bad:

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Why was Graham Alexander sent to the stand? What had happened just before to enrage him so much?

Think it was that corner they got near the end that was clearly a goal kick.

It kind of feels like we were due that against Hibs.  What with the disallowed goal that denied us a win at the start of the season, the disallowed goal that might have changed the course of the game in the defeat before Christmas we've had no luck against them. I suppose you could say we'd no luck today either, but then none was needed with as accomplished a display as we've put in all season.

I think you just have to give everyone so much credit for the turnaround after Hamilton and St Johnstone.  There was the potential for things to go right off the rails but they dealt with the pressure of that well in midweek in gaining a good point in Paisley and they have built on that in exactly the manner you would hope today.  Everyone has stood up and reacted positively to the challenge and they can be well pleased with their efforts from the last few days.

We were fully deserving of the win today. Two very well taken goals with a little finesse in the build up, one quite outstanding save Kelly and a performance built on hard work, organisation and very good defending.

Excellent stuff that would have seemed difficult to believe possible on either of the previous two Saturday evenings.

• Like 5

Thought the boys were outstanding today, best performance at Easter Rd for a long time, touch of class with Alexander’s interview regarding the red card, a win at the weekend and we are almost safe for the big re-build next season, defence looked solid without Gallagher so good luck to him next season and thanks for his efforts in the previous couple. 

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

loved the post match interview.  good pair of bawz from GA not to get drawn into his sending off. 

Did you notice the over zealous high viz clad wee jobsworth prick  steward in GA's face when he got sent off, wonder when the SFA started employing match stewards as 4th officials 

That's as complete a performance from the team since we last played Hibs at Easter Road. never saw that result coming at all.  Pleased for Lammie he's taken absolute pelters (deservedly so at times) today he was immense. Another of my big doubts (Crawford) had a fabulous game but every one of them performed and if Roberts is the worst player Hearts fans have ever seen they must have some player pool. So frustrating now those 6 points thrown away. Mind you that's Motherwell over the back , the what could have been team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfc88 said:

Absolutely brilliant performance. Would have taken a point before the game if I'm honest, so didn't see that coming. Brilliant from Kelly to keep a clean sheet, he really is a class act.

We really won a watch with Kelly, some top class saves again today.

What a difference a week makes!

That was as complete a performance as last week was shocking.

Discipline, effort, commitment and no little skill in very tight areas. Not a failure on the park. 2 good goals and a clean sheet!

Thought the first half was a fairly even and open affair with us giving at least as good as we got and actually creating the better chances. For all Hibs menace we defended well and limited them mostly to cross balls. 

Getting the early goal in the 2nd half was fantastic, but naturally it caused us to quickly look to protect what we had. Once Watt and Roberts legs went it was clearly a case of shutting up shop and we did that very well forbthe most part despite Hibs having all the play by that stage.

A thoroughly impressive days work against a very decent Hibs side that I dont think anyone could honestly say they saw coming!

Morenof the same next week please!