Season 2020’21: Game 31: Hibernian (A)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Actually I don’t mind Alexander getting sent off, I would rather we had a manager with fire in his belly than one that spend the game sitting in the dugout saying nothing.

he said in the paper last week heez never been sent to the stand as a manager in england but the scottish fefs are " choose your own words " mines is SHITE 

Can't fault anyone today. We were as solid in defence as I've seen us, and the front three worked really well together, with all three running themselves into the ground again. I thought mcginley was solid when he came on in a difficult situation, and handled Boyle well.

The midfield three were also very good, all doing ther jobs and winning a majority of 2nd balls. Crawford keeps improving.

Lawless and dec added the experience we needed to get through the last 20 mins. It makes a big difference having decent players on the bench.

Mathematically were still in the dogfight, so no time for letting up, but if we keep up that level of fight, we will be safe. A far cry from the situation last week after those two abject performances, a great reaction from pretty much the same XI.

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

he said in the paper last week heez never been sent to the stand as a manager in england but the scottish fefs are " choose your own words " mines is SHITE 

I'm sure the lack of crowds don't help.

I'm imagine managers are used to screaming at the ref most weeks - it's just that the ref doesn't hear them.

Performance of the season for me - I know we were good at pittodrie earlier in the season but to perform like that today under the pressure we were under was terrific to see. The jobs nowhere near done though and have to guard against any complacency.

what pleased me the most today was the performance levels of some of those who have been written off as not good enough for Motherwell, and I myself have been guilty of that. Lamie, Crawford and Robert’s to name but three were all terrific today

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Brilliant result, superb!

What a difference a week makes. 7 days ago plenty panty wetters had us picking up no more points all season. Now we have 4 in 2 games.

Mon the 'well!

to be fair after yaccies n tractor boys  not even yourself wouldv seen the next 2 performances coming 

Massive result.  Didn't see the game so can't say much but it seems to have built on what we got midweek and the three in midfield and up front works well enough when you have the right personnel. 

Sooner we can guarantee safety the sooner we can look to next season (or focus on the cup if it ever happens). Very good day all round as we improved our position on killie and Accies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Brilliant result, superb!

What a difference a week makes. 7 days ago plenty panty wetters had us picking up no more points all season. Now we have 4 in 2 games.

Mon the 'well!

If you got relegated off 2 defeats in a row we'd be playing in league sponsored by the local corner shop!

• Like 2