Season 2020’21: Game 31: Hibernian (A)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, yosemite sam said:

I have a feeling we may see Gallagher tomorrow. Isn't there a an International break coming up? He will surely want to show Steve Clarke that he is fit to play if chosen. Wouldn't want someone else to stake a claim for his position. Or am I just a cynic?

Given he's 30 years old, he has a one time only to get to a major championship .  I completely agree with you, he'll want to be back as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

I have a feeling we may see Gallagher tomorrow. Isn't there a an International break coming up? He will surely want to show Steve Clarke that he is fit to play if chosen. Wouldn't want someone else to stake a claim for his position. Or am I just a cynic?

Gallagher was back running Sunday/Monday so I'm hoping we do see him. 

Hibs are a decent side so its hard to see us winning this one away from home. It would be nice to see another solid hard working display and if we could take a point it would be a very good days work. 3 points would be magnificent in the circumstances but I cant see it.

Would bite your hand off pre-game for a point from this. Killie, Accies and County all have games they could do well in so it could be a tough weekend for us.

Next weekend is huge with Acciest at Pittodrie and Kille vs County. 3 pts next week could be huge!

it's possibly more important to keep the form than to get much from the game.  What team will turn up - the one the battled mid week or the one that rolled over the previous 2 games.

I don't expect a lot from the result but I do expect more of the battling qualities that we showed in midweek.  

Only glamour of hope is Hibs have won 4 games on the bounce and due to drop points. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same XI as wednesday. Mainly because there isn't anyone ready to come back in. I don't expect much from Easter road at the best of times, and we will be up against it, but we could scrape something from this game if we build on the solid work from midweek.  

It would be nice if we could score. 

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It's worth noting that Hibs overall home record ain't that great this season although they have won the last three.

Hoping rather than expecting but we did get a point last time over there.

Indeed. I thought Motherwell were the better team at Easter Road although that team included Turnbull. 

Hibs and Aberdeen are not miles ahead of any team in our division so there is nothing to fear. It is a bit of a Cup final for us in the sense that a win I think would (almost) ensure our safety this season. It would be a massive boost for us and a huge blow to the teams below. Having said that I would be very happy with a draw. 

2 hours ago, milo said:

Can’t see anything other than a comfortable home win sadly. We won’t be able to compete with the running power Hibs have. 

Would bite your hand off for a point.

Hamilton should have beaten Hibs  last week, until the sending off there was only one team in it until then.

We tend to beat ourselves before a ball is kicked!!

4 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

Lawless. Do we put him in the starting XI or did Roberts do enough to keep his place? Personally, think Roberts keeps his place 

It's not a like for like position. Roberts looks like another striker who wants to be central not wide.   I'd rather play Lawless wide and have a 2 up front from Roberts/Cole/Watt/Long

Although Lawless hasn't even played - yet he's grown in stature since we initially signed him. 

5 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

Lawless. Do we put him in the starting XI or did Roberts do enough to keep his place? Personally, think Roberts keeps his place - Alexander already seems like a guy that will stick by a team doing well rather than continually tinkering.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

roberts is a hertz player

maybe disnae like hivz

we will c