Season 2020’21: Game 32: Livingston (H)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Same team as last week if Carroll is available.

Gallagher almost cost us a goal while Magloire and Lamie both had great games. There's no point in throwing a guy straight back in who is only here for another 7 league games. 

Whilst I couldn't argue if GA chose to go down that route, I dont think he will.

Carroll will almoste certainly be unavailable with concussion. He was out cold last week when he hit the deck.

Gallagher is club captain and the most experienced centre half we have. The club could easily have made an example of him by stripping the captaincy if they wanted to go down that route but didnt. Given Gallagher is the best header of the ball we have and considering who the opposition is, I dont see GA not picking him. I do agree though that is terribly harsh on Lamie or Magliore after last week and if we were safe, maybe the same decision isnt taken.

19 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Same team as last week if Carroll is available.

Gallagher almost cost us a goal while Magloire and Lamie both had great games. There's no point in throwing a guy straight back in who is only here for another 7 league games. 

I would agree if we were safe from relegation, but are we ? Surely that’s more important than making a point ?

30 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I would agree if we were safe from relegation, but are we ? Surely that’s more important than making a point ?

The two guys ahead of him have kept consecutive clean sheets. It's Declan Gallagher not Virgil Van Dijk we are talking about, he's been poor this season. 

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The two guys ahead of him have kept consecutive clean sheets. It's Declan Gallagher not Virgil Van Dijk we are talking about, he's been poor this season. 

Ok, your opinion on his qualities, a couple of weeks ago Lamie was one of the worst players and hardly even a footballer, now he and a young guy keep out a full Scottish  international and captain in a relegation fight ? Makes little sense to me but maybe they both play today, keep another clean sheet, and it’s all good.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Ok, your opinion on his qualities, a couple of weeks ago Lamie was one of the worst players and hardly even a footballer, now he and a young guy keep out a full Scottish  international and captain in a relegation fight ? Makes little sense to me but maybe they both play today, keep another clean sheet, and it’s all good.

I'm just going by form. Lamie put in a great performance last week. He deserves to stay in the team. It's the same with Magloire. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I agree. I would like to see the same back two that started last week. They deserve it on merit and it is a simple way to reward good performance. Gallagher looked rusty when he came on. It is a strong position to be in to have Gallagher on the bench should one of the two be having a poor game. I suspect from Alexander's comments in the pre-match interview that Gallagher will start however. 

Regarding the match, if they turn up with the attitude of last week I think we will win. Turn up thinking they are superstars once more, they will lose. 

7 minutes ago, Kat said:

Same team as last week - Kelly, O'Donnell, Magloire, Lamie, Carroll, Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Roberts, Watt and Cole.

GA is quite right to keep the same team. Every one of them played out their skins so why drop any of them even to let the club captain in.  I'm more in the camp if other can show they can do it Gallagher should wait. Gallagher is leaving in the summer we need to see what we can do without him.

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Whilst I couldn't argue if GA chose to go down that route, I dont think he will.

Carroll will almost certainly be unavailable with concussion. He was out cold last week when he hit the deck.

Gallagher is club captain and the most experienced centre half we have. The club could easily have made an example of him by stripping the captaincy if they wanted to go down that route but didnt. Given Gallagher is the best header of the ball we have and considering who the opposition is, I dont see GA not picking him. I do agree though that is terribly harsh on Lamie or Magliore after last week and if we were safe, maybe the same decision isnt taken.

Oh well! That post aged well! :P

Livingston are stuffy but most definitely  beatable - provided we put in a performance.

Potentially two and maybe all three teams below us could drop points today so a win today would be absolutely massive.

A win and a draw in the next two pretty much keeps us up.

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Gallagher is club captain and the most experienced centre half we have. The club could easily have made an example of him by stripping the captaincy if they wanted to go down that route but didnt.

The very fact they didn't, and the fact GA was talking him up yesterday tells me that the club don't have a problem with him - that suggests that most of what has been posted on here about his contract is mere speculation / shite.