Season 2020’21: Game 32: Livingston (H)

Andy_P

4 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

For all he clearly has ability he’s a player I just cannot take to. His attitude stinks.

I never liked strikers who look pissed off when their teammates score, but he manages to look pissed off even when he scores. He's got ability, just not enough to carry off that attitude. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobbybingo said:

I never liked strikers who look pissed off when their teammates score, but he manages to look passed off even when he scores. He's got ability, just not enough to carry off that attitude. 

There was just a wee smile after his goal though. 

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I never liked strikers who look pissed off when their teammates score, but he manages to look pissed off even when he scores. He's got ability, just not enough to carry off that attitude. 

I know what you mean. I’d actually describe him as a poor man’s Scott McDonald.

Anyway, the result is the main thing and we’ve got that. We should be safe now barring a disaster. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Just as well we got 3 points. Other result didn’t really help us very much. 

It shows the importance of the last few wins. It would all be far to close for comfort otherwise. 

Fantastic result but I am left feeling what might have been this season. There is nobody outwith the OF to fear in that top six but it was not to be. 

Not over the line yet but it would be some sting in the tail  if we ended up in the bottom two now. 

Another Saturday evening to enjoy. Have a good one all!!! 

Few weeks back it looked like a clear out was needed, but some of the more maligned players have came onto a game. Results, good or bad, can blind you to a lot of things. Be interesting to see who folk would want to keep now, and who they still think won't cut it long term? 

Great result against a team that can destroy a game with their anti-football. The fact they managed to kick Watt out of the game early on is a perfect example of their style.

Kept up the level of performance from last week and it certainly makes a huge difference when the strikers are taking their chances. That takes the pressure off the defence too, when they know that conceding a goal doesn't mean you have lost the game.

The Killie game is going to be a real battle.

EDIT: also, Killie are showing why I wasn't in the "let's get Tommy Wright" camp. I wasn't convinced then he was the kind of manager needed to turn around a struggling team, and he's done nothing to prove me wrong yet.

Another really good performance, with everyone playing their part again. I would have been tempted to bring in Gallagher for this one, but fair play to Alexander for sticking with the winning team. The defense was pretty solid throughout, and Kelly proved his worth once again with a great save just before half time. Shout out to Carroll for that last ditch block in the 2nd half as well. 

The midfield 3 work well together, with all of them running themselves ragged again, and Crawford is getting better each game. It will be interesting to see if any of the 3 start for us next season.

Up front it was the same as last week, all 3 kept pressing and forcing mistakes, and Cole has started to actually keep hold of the ball and is growing in confidence. I thought long did well when he came on, and took his chance really well. He was unlucky to be brought off, but it was the only change that made sense at that point. 

I'd say were safe now, as 3+ wins for the bottom two over us doesn't seem likely at all, but I'll celebrate when the numbers confirm it. Its been a weird season. 

Great result. The battle in midfield is night and day from the Accies and St Johnstone games. 

Lamie was fantastic again today, Cole was excellent he looks like a totally different player when he's confident, Roberts and Crawford both had good games.

4 players that were being described as being not good enough that are now top performers. 

Thought O'Donnell also had a good game, if not spectacular. Kelly saved us just before half time as well with a great save.

35 points with 6 games to go. It'll be good when we're mathematically safe so we can start tieing down players for next year.

Still a lot of football to be played if we can make some progress in the Scottish Cup.