Season 2020’21: Game 32: Livingston (H)

Andy_P

31 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Just as well we got 3 points. Other result didn’t really help us very much. 

Don't really agree with that.  I was hoping for a Ross County win.

Another 3 points ahead of Killie and 2 ahead of Accies and another game scored off.

1 more win will do it for us.

However, we should be aiming for 7th place now.

Hopefully we are now close to being safe. It’s actually quite exciting to think what Alexander could bring to next season with his own team, he’s certainly improved the confidence within the squad and certain players have really started to shine. 

10 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Exactly what I thought at the time 

Looked as happy about coming off as he did when he scored but thought he had not a bad game overall.

Hopefully Watt is ok as we definitely lost a bit up front when he went off.

Will be interesting to see if Gallagher starts another game or be used as a last 15mins shore up off the bench

Livingston can usually boss us all over the pitch, but that didn't happen today. Campbell and Crawford won more than their fair share of the midfield battles. A quiet game from Maguire today, but nothing really wrong with what he did.

Up top the front three really gave the Livi back line a hard time. Roberts is certainly starting to prove himself a decent player. He put in a great shift today. Cole also in a rich vein of form. His decision making is suspect at times, but he has certainly started to find his way to goal.

The defence was generally solid, but we do look shaky at set plays and have a tendency to switch off at times. Lamie had a solid game again, and Caroll with a goal saving goal line tackle-clearance. O'Donnell and Magloire also had decent games without having to do anything that caught the eye.

Kelly, with a terrific save in the first half. Again showing that he is a quality keeper. I'll be very surprised if we retain him beyond the summer. 

All in all, another good performance, worthy of the points.

Great win.  Thought Alan Campbell set the tone with his first half performance. Kelly has made us forget Carson and Lamie is like a new player since Alexander arrived. Hope Tony Watt is Ok but we have a two week break so maybe some more players back. Competition for places can only be a good thing.

Onward and upwards and if Celtic beat United tomorrow we go above them

32 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hopefully we are now close to being safe. It’s actually quite exciting to think what Alexander could bring to next season with his own team, he’s certainly improved the confidence within the squad and certain players have really started to shine. 

even the ones that were no hopers a few weeks ago 

2 hours ago, star sail said:

It shows the importance of the last few wins. It would all be far to close for comfort otherwise. 

Fantastic result but I am left feeling what might have been this season. There is nobody outwith the OF to fear in that top six but it was not to be. 

Not over the line yet but it would be some sting in the tail  if we ended up in the bottom two now. 

Another Saturday evening to enjoy. Have a good one all!!! 

Said that very thing today , 9 points chucked away to Accies and 4 points absolutely gifted to Dundee Utd. 13 points that shouldnt have been beyond us and we'd have been a point behind Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Great result against a team that can destroy a game with their anti-football. The fact they managed to kick Watt out of the game early on is a perfect example of their style.

Kept up the level of performance from last week and it certainly makes a huge difference when the strikers are taking their chances. That takes the pressure off the defence too, when they know that conceding a goal doesn't mean you have lost the game.

The Killie game is going to be a real battle.

EDIT: also, Killie are showing why I wasn't in the "let's get Tommy Wright" camp. I wasn't convinced then he was the kind of manager needed to turn around a struggling team, and he's done nothing to prove me wrong yet.

You cannot judge Wright on 4/5 games for Kilmarnock when you see the pish he inherited.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

You cannot judge Wright on 4/5 games for Kilmarnock when you see the pish he inherited.

He would have been judged on here if he had joined us and rightly slaughtered for 1 point from 6 games I think, a bullet dodged for us.

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

That's exactly what you have to judge him on.

John Hughes was facing a similar challenge at Ross County.

Hughes has made an impact. Wright has not.

Even if Killie stay up I'm glad we dodged the Tommy Wright bullet.  We definitely got the better man.

10 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

We were saying much the same about our squad when GA  joined. Hes turned us around, Wright doesn't look like hes done the same at Killie.

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

That's exactly what you have to judge him on.

John Hughes was facing a similar challenge at Ross County.

Hughes has made an impact. Wright has not.

Even if Killie stay up I'm glad we dodged the Tommy Wright bullet.  We definitely got the better man.

and it doesn't make John Hughes a good manager just as it doesnt make Tommy Wright a Donkey.

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

We were saying much the same about our squad when GA  joined. Hes turned us around, Wright doesn't look like hes done the same at Killie.

LOL anyone remember Rodger Hynd. Won his first 6 games in charge and was the biggest tit ever to be employed as a manager in professional football. GA could yet be a fanny. No manager can be judged good bad or indifferent on 5 games.

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

LOL anyone remember Rodger Hynd. Won his first 6 games in charge and was the biggest tit ever to be employed as a manager in professional football. GA could yet be a fanny. No manager can be judged good bad or indifferent on 5 games.

Peter Miller played like Beckenbaur those games

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

am sure he was ma teacher at one point, if ma memory serves me right ,, and am sure wilson humphrys was as well