Motherwell 2021-22 Home and Away

underboyleheating

18 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Since the chances of our reaching the later stages of  either European competition are virtually nil, there is no real excuse for not playing in a proper hoop. I seem to remember that UEFA rules on contrast were cited by Alan Burroughs as the reason for not doing so but this is simpy not the case for the early stages of these competitions.

But I'm a reasonable man and even a hoop one season in two would  keep me happy, since I know a lot of younger fans don't have the attachment to it old fogies like wot I am do.

As for the change, our classic floodlight design is basically sound, although I would like a Sampdoria sandwich-style band/hoop occasionally.

Don't call me old-fashioned, call me Stalin :D.

Hi ya Stalin:bye:

4 hours ago, brainier said:

Nice to have insight into the production processes. Just makes me wonder how Loch Ness FC manage to get such distinctive kits (new Euro Finals 21 out soon) with such a small fanbase. Produced by ZN sports their current home top had to have several re-ordering runs due to it's popularity. 

I think you've answered your own question - it's so popular they had several re-ordering runs. So presumably, they are selling in sufficient numbers to make it profitable.

I'm sure being one of the most famous tourist destinations with an iconic monster helps boost the sales around the globe.

Just now, santheman said:

That's crackin.

Would love to see that in our colours (minus Nessie of course)

I love the idea, but it's all gone a bit wrong with the Nessie reflection tbh. At first glance you think "oh that's clever, it says 2021", but actually it says nothing like 2021, it just says "Joos".

Their regular home and away kits are pretty smart too, though.

image.png.e198b4f4693e116cd37cdefa0504dd10.pngimage.png.3f4e2494b62229c8ad4757df560f7704.png

20 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

The Perth Glory 2020-21 Macron away shirt would make a nice traditional home shirt with a modern twist on the claret band.

MFC Perth Glory.jpg

Really like that! Modern but with still a touch of class.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Lazio away from a couple of years ago would be excellent with a C&A twist........or this seasons Lens

lazio-19-20-away-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

58199163.jpg

Think the top one in white with claret and amber stripes would be fantastic. But more likely a claret one with white and amber stripes given our rotation. Not keen on the stripes up the middle.

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

When you've seen this guy play in the sash, how can not like it?

f1f35e7c729a780d3d7d1f17ace2456c.jpg

My first Motherwell team and replica strip, couldn't ever say no for nostalgic reasons. Took a while to realise the hoop/band was even a thing for us, given it was about 10 years before it reappeared. Wee Tommy's first season?

As we last had amber shorts in 2016-17 I suspect the odds are in favour of an all amber home. Some managers/psychologists  believe it makes you look taller. I do know Craig Brown was in favour of one colour kits. If I was a betting man I would guess we might opt for a mainly claret away, although, it’s been a while since we’ve had a black alternate kit.  Whatever we choose it needs to have some nod to our traditional C&A within it.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:25 PM, underboyleheating said:

The Perth Glory 2020-21 Macron away shirt would make a nice traditional home shirt with a modern twist on the claret band.

MFC Perth Glory.jpg

How beautiful is this by the way. Can't help thinking a reversed away version would be awesome too.

Hopefully a sponsor wouldn't be overly intrusive if it became a reality. It's funny how looking back to the 90s era, a sponsor was a big feature of the kit, part of the attraction. Whereas now it tends to take away from it. Or maybe that's just nostalgia.

• Like 1