Motherwell 2021-22 Home and Away

underboyleheating

14 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

As we last had amber shorts in 2016-17 I suspect the odds are in favour of an all amber home. Some managers/psychologists  believe it makes you look taller. I do know Craig Brown was in favour of one colour kits. If I was a betting man I would guess we might opt for a mainly claret away, although, it’s been a while since we’ve had a black alternate kit.  Whatever we choose it needs to have some nod to our traditional C&A within it.

Wouldn’t mind an all amber home kit......prefer white shorts

The last Macron claret kit was a cracker.......as was the Canterbury one from 2009.......and Pony from the 90’s

Motherwell-15-16-Kits+%25285%2529.jpg

motherwell-away-football-shirt-2009-2010

s-l300.jpg

The Motorola mid 90s claret away kit is untouchable as far as Motherwell away strips go. An absolute classic that you instantly associate with an excellent Motherwell team.

The 2018/19 effort was nice enough in appearance but our insistence in wearing it in almost every single away match that season even when our home colours didn’t clash with our opponents got right on my tits. It didn’t help that we usually played pish and lost when we wore it.

17 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

The Motorola mid 90s claret away kit is untouchable as far as Motherwell away strips go.

Personal preference for me would be the claret with the amber band that we wore during our season in administration. 

On the general point of next season's kits, for.the club (and all clubs) it's more important this year to get a kit with a wide appeal. Healthy shirt sales would help offset any financial loss this year...

21 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Personal preference for me would be the claret with the amber band that we wore during our season in administration. 

On the general point of next season's kits, for.the club (and all clubs) it's more important this year to get a kit with a wide appeal. Healthy shirt sales would help offset any financial loss this year...

richard-offiong.png

56 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

That was a nice kit, basically just a reversal of the home kit from that season which was amber with a claret band. I’ve still got that one, always associate it with administration and Faddy with his red stripe and rat tail. That one and the 2000 - 2002 kit were the best of our Xara kits.

I take it we’re staying with Macron for next season?

Edited by MJC_mkII

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I’m a member of a few kit collecting groups and I’m always promoting our kit. I’ve been punting this seasons kit far and and wide and I’m sure my ramblings have generated a few sales that perhaps we would not have got. A lot of kit collectors have disposable income and they are worth targeting as well as fans. 

• Like 2