Fans Last Night

weesacs

SPL rules state clubs selling tickets must take the name and address of the customer, so anyone who bought a ticket at Fir Park should have been asked to provide this.

Nonsense :rolleyes: . SPL Rules state nothing of the sort - check em I just did. There is an addendum to the rules on "Guidance for Clubs on Unacceptable Conduct" and within this there is 'Guidance' on what each club should do - these are not 'written in stone' at least not in my interpretation, but are left for each Club to decide their individual policy on such matters.

If not, then this is yet another flagrant breach of SPL Rules/Guidance perpetrated by MFC, because I have purchased tickets for games this season at Tynecastle (twice), Easter Road, Hamilton, St.Mirren (League and Cup), Rangers and have never been asked for any personal details. in fact in my 40 odd years supporting Motherwell, the only time I have been asked for my details was for the Katowice, Dortmund and Nancy away ties.

SPL handbook 2008/09

for Official Matches which have been designated as "All Tickets" and / or where the Home Club has issued tickets to the Visiting Club to sell to its own supporters:

o the Home Club should take names and addresses and obtain consent to the disclosure of same to the Visiting Club of all those to whom tickets for the visiting support area are sold by the Home Club;

o the Visiting Club should take names and addresses and obtain consent to the disclosure of same to the Home Club of all those to whom tickets for the visiting support area are sold by the Visiting Club;

o the Home Club and Visiting Club should exchange details of those to whom they have sold tickets to the visiting support area if requested to do so.

Hibernian F.C.

Each and every away match ticket sold from the Hibernian Ticket Office must be assigned to a client on the database. The Ticket Office will require the following information

· Name

· Address

· Contact Number

· E-mail address

· Date of birth

If the purchasing client is purchasing more than one ticket, and the other attendees are not on the database, the minimum information shown above must be provided in order to register them onto our database and ensure the club is compliant with SPL Rules and Guidelines.

Falkirk F.C.

"As long as we comply with SPL guidelines and ground safety regulations we can continue and there is nothing anyone else can do about it.

We have to take names, addresses and contact details for the seat allocated to an individual person and that allows a fair degree of security."

And, I have been asked for my details for every ticket I have purchased from the Fir Park ticket office this season, as was everyone ahead of me in the queue each time.

Even if they can't prove the people who broke the seats are genuine Motherwell fans, the damage is caused to the Motherwell section, so the bill for any damages will go to Fir Park.

Also if the tickets corresponding to any broken seats were sold at Fir Park, the first thing Motherwell will probably do is look to see who bought those seats, which could mean innocent fans getting the blame for something they may not even have done, because a large number of people wouldn't even have sat on the seat their ticket was for.

Funny you sat that. My ticket was for the back row in section m. When they opened up secton L i moved across. Meant my seat that was allocated through my ticket was sat on by one of these boys. Just hope if they do look at peoples names that were listed for they tickets they dont assume it was them.

SPL handbook 2008/09

for Official Matches which have been designated as "All Tickets" and / or where the Home Club has issued tickets to the Visiting Club to sell to its own supporters:

o the Home Club should take names and addresses and obtain consent to the disclosure of same to the Visiting Club of all those to whom tickets for the visiting support area are sold by the Home Club;

o the Visiting Club should take names and addresses and obtain consent to the disclosure of same to the Home Club of all those to whom tickets for the visiting support area are sold by the Visiting Club;

o the Home Club and Visiting Club should exchange details of those to whom they have sold tickets to the visiting support area if requested to do so.

'Guidelines' not 'Rules', note the use of the word 'should' (not a directive) as opposed to 'are required' - pedantic I know, but none the less suitably vague :rolleyes: . Whilst it may be that some of the member clubs seem to adopt this guidance - not all are, though my own knowledge only stretches as far as MFC and I can assure you that I have NEVER been asked to provide details when buying a ticket, other than those previously mentioned European ties.

This debate about where to sit when allocated a particular seat at away matches has been raised before, with certain groups of the opinion that it OK to sit anywhere once inside the ground. Perhaps if these 'Guidelines' were followed, then those of that mind would think twice about sitting where they want, if they were to be blamed for damages not inflicted by them.

Wellarmy_88 - if they don't have video evidence of the incident and they have your details as allocated to a particular seat - what other conclusions are the club to draw? - just shows the futility of these particular guidelines.

Motherwell Fan - Just out of curiosity was your consent obtained to divulge these details to either the Home/Visiting club as suggested in the 'Guidelines', by MFC prior to purchase of the ticket? Would they refuse to provide you with a ticket if you refused consent?

I was also sitting near these shocking scenes. Not wanting to name any names but after we scored, I turned around and to my disgust I witnessed Jim Frame furiously raining down a number of hardened blows to a seat. He was using both fists and his right leg. Sad, sad stuff.

Get jimbob on the "weel football factories" haha Oap hooligan... :rolleyes: