Season 2020’21: Game 33: Kilmarnock (A)

Andy_P

3 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

I see from the photos of training on the Club Twitter account that Big Bevis is back training after the shoulder injury, not sure if he is available for Saturday though.

The big man's height could be useful against Lafferty though I still worry about his tendency to dive into a tackle, especially within his own 18 yard box.

In the old days, when Lafferty was at Hearts, we never seemed to lose when he scored against us.

5 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

I see from the photos of training on the Club Twitter account that Big Bevis is back training after the shoulder injury, not sure if he is available for Saturday though.

The big man's height could be useful against Lafferty though I still worry about his tendency to dive into a tackle, especially within his own 18 yard box.

I don't see him walking back into the team.    We now have high quality problems.  

Defence has been solid with Magloire /Lamie. 

Could see Dec replacing Magloire as both right sided central defenders. 
Not sold the Mugabi is better than either Magloiore or Lamie  and to his credit Lamie has been playing well. 

10 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

I think we can look forward to seeing the same team start against Killie. Don't see why the manager would change it.

He may bring back one or more of O'Hara, Gallagher and Mugabi, if fit. He watches the players every day, we don't. Who knows we may have picked up more illnesses or injuries. I have my own views but I haven't a clue what Mr Alexander is thinking.

1 hour ago, yosemite sam said:

I think we can look forward to seeing the same team start against Killie. Don't see why the manager would change it.

I said Gallacher would start last game. He didn’t. But I believe that had more to do with him being ready and match fit after his injury. 

He has now had a further two weeks training and a bounce game or two. 

Also the last game before the International break, so I expect we will see him back in the starting line up in place of Magloire. The rest of the team that started v Livi I would expect  to stay the same assuming no injuries etc. 

Agreed, Gallagher has got to earn his place. Magliore's first two games were scarily bad but he's made that position his own now. Lamie has also been excellent and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Dropped in favour of our captain who picks and chooses when he plays due to contract issues would be very unfair.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Sorry folks but my corny jokes recently seem to have been helping the team so here is this weeks ...........'A lorry load of Savlon was found abandoned on the M74. Contact the police if you have any inflammation '  I'm here all week

3 pidgeons flying in a straight line 

what one was the foreign pidgeon ?.................               the one at the back .............          it was a HINDOO         boom boom 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Not a chance we will get relegated, it's not happening. Stick with the guys that have got us results recently.

For all that Killies pitch is an utter abomination, I'd still prefer to see them stay up at the expense of that Mickey Mouse team fae Hamilton and that teuchter mob.

a hate everything about yaccies,      there wee group of under 15s that are fans, there shity pitch, and there shity lego stadium ,  GTTF pleez 

The key to our performance will be whether or not Tony Watt is fit, and how we cope if he doesn't make it. I certainly don't think we should be taking any risks with him, especially on a plastic pitch. He has become too important to s for us to risk ending his season now. If Cole and Roberts could work together as a pair, I could see some sense in playing Gallagher in a back three/ five, but I have my doubts about this, and also worry that nobody in our midfield would be capable of playing further up the field to provide the link play and make the runs that are what Watt has been doing so well.

Right now, once again, I'd be happy with a point.

13 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Not a chance we will get relegated, it's not happening. Stick with the guys that have got us results recently.

For all that Killies pitch is an utter abomination, I'd still prefer to see them stay up at the expense of that Mickey Mouse team fae Hamilton and that teuchter mob.

Get rid of the plastic from the premiership so Accies 12th and Killie 11th and getting pumped in the playoff would do for me, Ross county is a good away day :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smiddy said:

a hate everything about yaccies,      there wee group of under 15s that are fans, there shity pitch, and there shity lego stadium ,  GTTF pleez 

I can’t stand Accies but I do enjoy the derby, though the way we regularly underperform in it is infuriating. I’d be happy enough for them to stay in the top flight if we started putting them in place more often.

It’ll be good to have Hearts back in the league next season at the expense of Killie or Ross County. When fans are allowed in Tynecastle is one of the best away days.

3 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I would just like to see the end of plastic pitches in the top flight regardless of the club. You simply can’t play decent football on them, the Livi one is an abomination of an excuse for a pitch.

Can’t disagree with that. The sooner they’re banned the better.