Season 2020’21: Game 33: Kilmarnock (A)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I would just like to see the end of plastic pitches in the top flight regardless of the club. You simply can’t play decent football on them, the Livi one is an abomination of an excuse for a pitch.

Unfortunately with UEFA&FIFA allowing Champions league games/Europa league/World Cup qualifiers etc etc on them strengthens the arguments they should be allowed in our top flight.....I’m totally against them in our top flight and any team wanting to play in our premiership should have a grass pitch.

Did the players union recently  not have a vote, whereby the players unanimously voted against them ????

Like everything else in Scottish football would need the ugly sisters to say something to get them banned

I don't like plastic pitches but I think clubs should be allowed to decided for themselves whether to have one or not, as long as it meets the requirements. 

I certainly don't want a situation where clubs are denied access to the top level for having a plastic pitch.  Not only does it deny teams from promotion on merit (we've been down that road before) but it also probably just means grass pitches that aren't well maintained due to expense. 

We've seen that at Fir Park in the old Battle of the Somme days.  Just cos it's grass doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

The truth is in the long run we'll probably have one at Fir Park.  Grass pitches are just too big an expense to be justified for clubs our size in the long run and at some point it will surely be cut out when the cost and benefits cross each other.

32 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Does Eddie Nolan actually exist?

He’s injured, but even if he wasn’t, we have Mugabi and Gallagher on the bench so it wouldn’t make any sense for him to be in the squad.

Fair play on keeping the same team again, I’d have brought in Gallagher, but can’t really argue.

1 minute ago, fizoxy said:

He’s injured, but even if he wasn’t, we have Mugabi and Gallagher on the bench so it wouldn’t make any sense for him to be in the squad.

Fair play on keeping the same team again, I’d have brought in Gallagher, but can’t really argue.

Interesting that Gallagher hasn't walked straight back into the team.  Perhaps we've got one eye on the future and playing people who want to be here. 

It’s also a strong message to big Declan about earning the right to play. And if he’s picking it up, I’m sure other players are too.

As for this game, the team showed last outing they can maintain focus and effort which should be enough to beat a very fragile and lacklustre Killie. 2-0 the Steelmen.

20 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

It’s also a strong message to big Declan about earning the right to play. And if he’s picking it up, I’m sure other players are too.

As for this game, the team showed last outing they can maintain focus and effort which should be enough to beat a very fragile and lacklustre Killie. 2-0 the Steelmen.

We shouldn't kid ourselves. This will be a very hard game.