Season 2020’21: Game 33: Kilmarnock (A)

Andy_P

Disastrous day at the office, the sooner this season gets the fuck to fuck the better.

Only bonus is Accies, Killie and Ross County all need three wins to go above us without us taking any more points from the last five games, which simply isn't going to happen.

The only thing from today's scores that made me crack a smile was, ironically, Accies scoring and snatching away St. Mirren's top 6 spot away with only 2 minutes to go to the split.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Behave yourself,  total shite today but we are currently 8 in front of Accies, 7 from killie and 6 from RC, with vastly better goal difference than Accies and RC, with 5 to play, we are not going down

Sorry didnt know we were safe. All six pointers now. Lose our next game we are right in the shit. Lose our next two and were up to our knees in it. Dugfight

3 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I dont know if anyone can work out the stats but I have never seen us come back from an International break and win. We always, always start slowly. Even when we have been on fire before a break as soon as we come back it takes us 3 games to get back into it...I see this after every break by Motherwell

We won after an International break earlier this season. We beat St.Johnstone 1-0 at home at the beginning of September.

Despite our result it was nice to see St Midden miss out on the top six.

I thought we done well in the first half despite the horrible opening goal. Sadly as we have seen so many times this season we are more than willing to gift wrap three points for the opposition. I love my football but can't wait for this season to be done and dusted and confined to the history books.

Just now, Heisenboab said:

Sorry didnt know we were safe. All six pointers now. Lose our next game we are right in the shit. Lose our next two and were up to our knees in it. Dugfight

Yeah we’re most definitely not safe until it’s mathematically impossible for us to be relegated. Like I’ve said I genuinely don’t think we will be, nor do I think we’ll end up in the playoffs but we’ve got a lot of work to do yet. We need Gallagher back in the team ASAP and we need to work on our defensive concentration.

We were poor and deserved to lose, maybe not by that scoreline, but we were barely ever in the game. We're 3 results above the bottom 3 clubs, but it's still going to be a crazy last 5 games. The quicker we get one more win the better.

Funny to see St. Mirren lose out on the top 6 though. 

Just now, FirParkCornerExile said:

Thank Fuck we didn't get Tommy Wright and have to suffer his eye bleeding type of football.... LOL

So killie played silky one touch football,  building from the back and playing us off the park then....as opposed to kicking it long from the 1st minute, the same way they play every week. We were pish today, gifted them 3 of the 4 goals by shite defending, its no coincidence that's Wright's 1st win, his teams are brutal to watch so yes thank fuck we did not appoint him.

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

So killie played silky one touch football,  building from the back and playing us off the park then....as opposed to kicking it long from the 1st minute, the same way they play every week. We were pish today, gifted them 3 of the 4 goals by shite defending, its no coincidence that's Wright's 1st win, his teams are brutal to watch so yes thank fuck we did not appoint him.

Are they fuck his teams  are no more brutal to watch us. 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Only one team came out for the second half. 

Our midfield 3 were brutal and adding some real quality there has to be the main priority in the summer. 

Correct, though it’s not just limited to midfield. We are going to need a full scale clear out and rebuild in the summer. I expect Gallagher, O’Donnell and Campbell to be away for starters and the likes of Long, Polworth, Lamie, Mugabi can leave too as far as I’m concerned. Who knows what’s happening with the goalkeeping situation, will Kelly stay? Is Carson going to regain full fitness?

Who knows, but it’s going to be an important summer for us.

4 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

We realistically need one win.

If we can't get one win then we don't deserve to stay up but I strongly suspect we'll be OK.

Lot of work needs done though.  We need a McGhee Mk I change of culture at the club.  A professional bench mark needs set.

• Like 1

Hands up if you're sick and fed up of this type of performance and result.

Once upon a time it would only be the OF we'd get pumped by - now it can be any team, any time.

Our tactics when we go a goal or two down worry me, it's basically take off the midfield and pour on the strikers.

So thoroughly disgusted with this utter utter utter crap getting served up to us. 

19 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Behave yourself,  total shite today but we are currently 8 in front of Accies, 7 from killie and 6 from RC, with vastly better goal difference than Accies and RC, with 5 to play, we are not going down

Couple of more defeats by three or more goals (which there have been three of recently) and suddenly our goal difference won't look vastly better than the others. We need a win in our next two games to try and get some breathing room..

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

Hands up if you're sick and fed up of this type of performance and result.

Once upon a time it would only be the OF we'd get pumped by - now it can be any team, any time.

So thoroughly disgusted with this utter utter utter crap getting served up to us. 

I’ve said since early on this season, this squad has got to be one of the most dislikable Motherwell squads I’ve ever seen. The levels of commitment this season, for long spells, has been deplorable and too many players are simply going through the motions.

The fact that we did not score a single equalising goal until the 27th of JANUARY in any competition is nothing short of shameful and although we have improved slightly in that regard over the past couple of months, whenever we fall behind in games you still question whether we have the desire to get back into it and that’s a major concern.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We realistically need one win.

If we can't get one win then we don't deserve to stay up but I strongly suspect we'll be OK.

Lot of work needs done though.  We need a McGhee Mk I change of culture at the club.  A professional bench mark needs set.

Don't get me wrong, I do think we have enough of a headstart on points to see us stay up. However a result like that can sap the confidence right out of a team. Especially a team mostly on short term contracts and with no intention of hanging around at the end of the season. 

If we get off to a poor start in the split, which I thinks a pretty realistic prospect given our stop start form, its going to be a much closer call than most think.