Jump to content

Andy_P

Season 2020’21: Game 33: Kilmarnock (A)

Recommended Posts

I'm maybe been a bit grumpy, given the score, but that decision (to give a goal kick) highlights just how terrible officiating in Scotland is - there was no Motherwell player near to the Killie player that headed the ball out!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallacher should have started. Not with benefit of hindsight. Just the fact we have started a young boy ahead of an experienced and an International player that would hold our defence together better imho. 

Might seem clever by Alexander but that was a daft decision form the get go !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical Motherwell. Could’ve put the relegation debate to bed once and for all today but obviously that would be too easy.

Killies first win in how long also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see past how poor we are at the technical aspects of the game. Every team in the league has better technique and movement than us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, milo said:

Typical Motherwell. Could’ve put the relegation debate to bed once and for all today but obviously that would be too easy.

Killies first win in how long also?

it is typical sadly.

We've been poor today.  Lack of energy and quality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crossing as been poor all game it must be said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Gallacher should have started. Not with benefit of hindsight. Just the fact we have started a young boy ahead of an experienced and an International player that would hold our defence together better imho. 

Might seem clever by Alexander but that was a daft decision form the get go !

I agree with that,we should be starting with our best players while the threat of relegation is still even a distinct possibility,I get that magloire and lamie have been decent enough the last couples of games but let's be honest there not good enough.theres serious work to be done defensively over the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont care if Gallagher is our best defender, he does not want to be at our club. When he was in the team, the defence was just as useless. No player is bigger than our club.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallagher was available for the Livingston game and we won 3-1 and there were no cries for him to start during the game or after it.

 

He was rightly left on the bench today, just because we have made defensive errors doesn't mean that was the wrong choice, that's simply being results oriented.

 

The boys that started today retained their place on merit. They have been pish today and Gallagher will rightly come back in next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, milo said:

Typical Motherwell. Could’ve put the relegation debate to bed once and for all today but obviously that would be too easy.

Killies first win in how long also?

It was never going to be straight forward, apart from anything else we just aren’t good enough as a team to comfortably be able to stave off relegation this early. Agree it is typical Motherwell though, especially with a side on a dreadful run getting their first win in ages.

I don’t think we’ll be relegated though, it won’t be comfortable but I think we’ve got just enough to avoid 12th and 11th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many of our players stand and wait for the ball to come to them. Carol was almost caught there because he didn't move towards the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Dont care if Gallagher is our best defender, he does not want to be at our club. When he was in the team, the defence was just as useless. No player is bigger than our club.

So what. He wants to earn more money in the twilight of his career. He is an International player earning buttons compared to his peers. Magloire is not even our player.

Would it have made a difference ? Who knows. All I know is that I would rather he started last game and this . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Gallagher is a our best defender, the fact he’s not playing is ridiculous.

Yep, we should not have been waiting for what’s happed today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Gallagher was available for the Livingston game and we won 3-1 and there were no cries for him to start during the game or after it.

 

He was rightly left on the bench today, just because we have made defensive errors doesn't mean that was the wrong choice, that's simply being results oriented.

 

The boys that started today retained their place on merit. They have been pish today and Gallagher will rightly come back in next week.

Well, maybe one or two calls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine margins again today. Another penalty we dont get, they get the break of the ball. Its been one those seasons where we have not had the rub of the green. Quicker this season is finnished the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Gallagher was available for the Livingston game and we won 3-1 and there were no cries for him to start during the game or after it.

 

He was rightly left on the bench today, just because we have made defensive errors doesn't mean that was the wrong choice, that's simply being results oriented.

 

The boys that started today retained their place on merit. They have been pish today and Gallagher will rightly come back in next week.

Gallagher should have been straight back in the team as soon as he proved his fitness. Playing a lad with about a dozen professional appearances over an experienced international is madness. The same reason Johnson dropped out for O’Donnell a few weeks again, despite playing fairly well. You play your best players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Gallagher should have been straight back in the team as soon as he proved his fitness. Playing a lad with about a dozen professional appearances over an experienced international is madness. The same reason Johnson dropped out for O’Donnell a few weeks again, despite playing fairly well. You play your best players.

we've not lost today because of Gallagher.

Killie have worked harder, won't a lot more second balls. We've not offered much and don't deserve anything from the game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would certainly have Gallagher back in the starting 11 for the next game, though I remain suspicious of his commitment to us.

As I type, 4-1 Killie. Disastrous day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×